Physics - Breasts Swaying Standing

Kristie Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never understood how to make a physics layer work.  I've always relied on free ones from MP.  

Someone recently sent me one where my breasts sway very nicely when I'm just standing.  However, for whatever reason, the settings don't cause any bounce at all when walking.  Unfortunately this is a no-mod physics layer so I can't see how they are achieving the sway effect.  My attempts to play with it have yielded nothing.  There are just too many variables to figure out what is doing what.

What numbers would I mess with to get a swaying effect when I'm just using my stands in my AO?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I doubt that is any set of numbers that work for all avatars. 

Avatar Physics (AP) get complicated because there are so many inter-dependent settings. The viewer has a setting for how much time to spend on Avatar Physics. Change that setting changes how you see all AP. Change that setting from the default and you have no idea how others will see any AP layer you make using the altered setting.

Plus there are 3 groups of settings that interact for the breasts in the AP layer. I haven't tested to see if shape settings affect the AP settings. 

Just make an AP layer and experiment.

• Like 2

probably Breasts Bounce sliders are set to 0 (disabled). Possibly also Breasts Sway is disabled

leaving only Breasts Cleavage enabled

a thing with the sliders to get slow subtle movement with a standing animation, is make the Gain less than Spring (the reverse of the default setting). I find Gain 10, Spring 25 works ok for me with my stand animations on Maitreya Lara.  On Belliza Curvy then Gain 10: Spring 40 seems to work better

i also find that adding Mass, Gravity and Drag in Advanced Parameters also helps to slow things down.  What works for me is: Mass 25, Gravity 15, Drag 15

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion: be careful with breast (and butt) physics. I see these get unnatural and waaaaaay out of control on some avatars, and it makes it look like a male tween is exploring puberty in a female avatar.  

Another thing to consider- FPS affects it, too.

So even if you get the perfect settings for your shape, if someone comes along with 60 FPS, they won't see it.

Or worse, someone could come along with 10 FPS and  

see these get unnatural and waaaaaay out of control on some avatars

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

So even if you get the perfect settings for your shape, if someone comes along with 60 FPS, they won't see it.

Yeah, the wackiness stopped me from using "avatar physics".  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Waiomao said:

Unpopular opinion: be careful with breast (and butt) physics. I see these get unnatural and waaaaaay out of control on some avatars, and it makes it look like a male tween is exploring puberty in a female avatar.  

It can get worse than that.  It's quite possible to poke your eye out with your own boob, if you get a little careless with the Physics settings.  LL made them WAY too sensitive.  You can get plenty of free settings that look natural, and are also modifiable, in case you want to experiment.

Just wear safety goggles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It can get worse than that.  It's quite possible to poke your eye out with your own boob, if you get a little careless with the Physics settings.  LL made them WAY too sensitive.  You can get plenty of free settings that look natural, and are also modifiable, in case you want to experiment.

Just wear safety goggles.

I was going to say something similar.

@Kristie LemonRead this, then play around with it: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/firestorm_avatar_physics

If you’re slapping yourself in the face you’ve gone too far.

Keep in mind different bodies react differently with the same physics, so it’s better to do your own. I like to make a set for everyday stuff that are a little more stiff and a set for dancing that are a bit more springy. Running a dance animation or a breathing pose helps a lot when you’re doing them.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

It's very frustrating.  The free no-mod one that I'm trying to emulate has a smooth fluid motion when standing it almost seems like my breasts are lightly blowing in the wind.  Everything I make is much jerkier or more exaggerated.

If only it was mod or they had put just a little bounce in the walk (which looks so unnatural). 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kristie Lemon said:

It's very frustrating.  The free no-mod one that I'm trying to emulate has a smooth fluid motion when standing it almost seems like my breasts are lightly blowing in the wind.  Everything I make is much jerkier or more exaggerated.

If only it was mod or they had put just a little bounce in the walk (which looks so unnatural). 

Yeah, that's the problem, free stuff that is almost perfect... It has caused a lot of us to learn how to build stuff.

I have a pose-stand from Neuro Lab that has a jaunty walk animation. So, I can use the stand while working on physics layers. Getting the sway and bounce to something I can tolerate is tedious. But, it works.

Like Janet I have different Physics layers for different activities. Daily walking, dancing, going topless...

For the older clothes I take the Physics layer off as I bounce and the clothes usually don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kristie Lemon said:

I may be wrong about this, but can't you see the settings even though you can't change them? If you can, just write them down and bump them up by 1 or 2. If you can't, just set aside an hour or so just to mess with them with some animations. It's really not that complicated, you got this girl!

On 5/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Paul Hexem said:

Mind you, when your jeans are floating around your head, your hair is hovering 3 feet above your brain, your body is completely invisible and your gigantic disembodied hands are slapping the face of someone on the other side of the dancefloor, overly bouncy breasts are the least of your worries.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.