Enabling scripts?

snugglebeard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't seem to locate any information on this but how do I enable scripts for my friends at my Linden home? I can use all my huds and stuff just fine. I just can't figure out how to allow my friends to use their huds,etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

30 minutes ago, snugglebeard said:

I can't seem to locate any information on this but how do I enable scripts for my friends at my Linden home? I can use all my huds and stuff just fine. I just can't figure out how to allow my friends to use their huds,etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

you can do that in about land  ,to prevend everyone to use these rights ,its best to use a security system or create a group  ,so that only you and the people in your group can acces their stuff  .

10 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

you can do that in about land  ,to prevend everyone to use these rights ,its best to use a security system or create a group  ,so that only you and the people in your group can acces their stuff  .

I looked in about land I must of missed it. Might look into the group thing too.

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Usually, I set Build and Object Entry to group only, and Run Scripts to everyone. This way, any friends that come over will not need to be in my land group for their HUDs, etc. to operate properly. 

Also, setting Run Scripts to Everyone is kind to people who may be flying over your land.  Most well-scripted aircraft will keep running if they stray into a no-script zone, but not all of them.  If a pilot stalls over your parcel because her script stopped, she'll have to disembark, take the plane back to inventory, and then find someplace to re-rez it before continuing on her way.  That's a mean thing to do to someone who's just passing through, possibly 2000 meters above your home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Also, setting Run Scripts to Everyone is kind to people who may be flying over your land.  Most well-scripted aircraft will keep running if they stray into a no-script zone, but not all of them.  If a pilot stalls over your parcel because her script stopped, she'll have to disembark, take the plane back to inventory, and then find someplace to re-rez it before continuing on her way.  That's a mean thing to do to someone who's just passing through, possibly 2000 meters above your home.

Oh interesting! For some reason I thought disabling scripts only worked up to 50m or so. Maybe it used to be that way?

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh interesting! For some reason I thought disabling scripts only worked up to 50m or so. Maybe it used to be that way?

i think the 50 or so meter rule only applies to HUDs now.  I haven't tested it at this moment but I think this is the case

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i think the 50 or so meter rule only applies to HUDs now.  I haven't tested it at this moment but I think this is the case

If so, that's a welcome change.  Even so, there are times when a low-flying vehicle (like the broom I flew over Bellisseria last Halloween) could stall unexpectedly if it flew into a parcel with scripts turned off.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

If so, that's a welcome change.  Even so, there are times when a low-flying vehicle (like the broom I flew over Bellisseria last Halloween) could stall unexpectedly if it flew into a parcel with scripts turned off.

yes about the vehicles. For a continent like Belli then it would probably be good if Linden provided a way to allow Estate Owners to disable the toggling of scripts at the parcel level. Set estate to enable all scripts which the parcel owner can't change

i think the HUD thing only now as I made a script for my attached tail with the PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS hack to keep the script running on No-Script parcels for when a person touches it.  When in a HUD the script responds to Touch, when in attachment it doesn't

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.