about this boomer thing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
49 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ahh I see what you mean, yeah some can be as obnoxious as they want to be without facing any consequence, like a punch in the face.

Given our discussion, I wondered if you also meant people in RL might not use words like 'mansplaining' , 'manspreading', or Social Justice Warriors.  I often ponder how much of internet discussions, especially Twitter and the like, translates to RL. I suppose it depends on which RL people you're relating to.

I never hear those terms unless it's on the internet..

Even with people that use say,facebook and see the people every day, things they say on there will be different from RL interaction with each other..

I don't use facebook or anything like that..But people will show me what others say while on there..But when they get around each other it's like night and day difference..hehehehe

And yet this does translate into RL -- it affects how people vote or perceive one side or the other on the political spectrum.  It cause policies to be put into affect that can cause grave injustice and suffering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

And yet this does translate into RL -- it affects how people vote or perceive one side or the other on the political spectrum.  It cause policies to be put into affect that can cause grave injustice and suffering.

I think a lot more younger people vote that way, but a lot older vote  more on other things, like their current situations and how things have been going,tax increases and decreases and so on..

I think a lot look more at what is going on around them..

I used to be swayed by parties when I was younger..But the older I get the more I started to think for myself and see my world rather than the ones they were trying to throw at me..

I always do my own research when it comes to such important things as voting..

I have my disagreements as well as my agreements with the political parties, but would never let them influence me anymore.. I have bitterness for both of them and just can't take either serious these days with the circus we have going on nowadays..hehehe

• Like 3

On 5/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, kali Wylder said:

I've been entertaining myself googling OK boomer and I am more confused that I was before I started.  I think the OK boomer slur is kind of misguided.  There are all kinds of Boomers out there.  There are Republican, Democrat, and Independent boomers.  There were jocks and geeks and hippies and greasers and beatniks and and intellectuals and paparazzi and soldiers and draft dodgers, members of the NRA and the SDS; Christians, Pagans and Atheists; gays and straights and stoners and lots of rebels. Many of them fit into more than one category. How can you generalize a generation? Any generation?

quietly steps off soap box....

I read a little bit of the thread...but I'm not a person who labels anyone.  Growing up in Southern California, probably the greatest melting pot of the world, I grew up with every religion, ethnicity, culture, tone of skin you could imagine and none of us judged one another but treated one another as equals at all times and there was never any division nor do most of us think of any divides.   We chat and share foods just like any other neighborhood in the world yet we are one a neighborhood of the whole world rolled into one.  

As far as generations, I believe I have a bit of all generations in me, including the current one, but they (generational names) don't matter a whole lot to me as far as labels.  But, just for myself, I believe I am a product of all generations.  I am living in the current one...our current environment has an affect on all of us.  

The baby boomers and the then love generation brought forth some of greatest changes for civil rights America has ever seen, and I am glad it carries on that way.  

But, even Bob Dylan has written in many of songs in his older years more things along the lines of he just wants to have a loving relationship and keep things simple and be happy and to not be the one to count on to affect a change.  I think Bob and other's of that generation would like to see others pick up that torch and move it along to further equality as they'd like to take a peaceful rest which they wholeheartedly deserve.

I think I could generalize them as pretty amazing though...the ones that stood up to make these changes against oppression happen.      

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.