Targeting users you don’t like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, kali Wylder said:

oh, so you're not 89 then.  I get so confused about the millennials.  Were they born in the 90s or not until 2000.  and GenX, are they the 80's kids? and Was there a Gen Y? The boomers span 3 decades I believe, from the post WW2 40's  to the early 60's, right? and where does Star Trek the next Generation fit in?

Definitions vary but millennials are generally classed as being born in the 80s to the mid 90s. After that it's Gen Z and they're the ones everyone should be berating for being young right now and however it is they are supposed to have destroyed everything during the five minutes or so that they've been here. Though there is a micro-generation, the Xennials, born in the mid 70s to the mid 80s. They're said to have had an analogue childhood and digital adulthood.

I remember being called a millennial when I was younger and there was nothing derogatory about it. Round about the time I turned 30, I thought the meaning must have changed because it now seemed to be used as an insult for anyone in their 20s. But no, the official definition hasn't changed. My generation is just Peter Pan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

I do hate those names, the generations names or whatever they are called.  Complete and utter rubbish to perpetuate prejudice against people based upon when they were born.

Preach! Those stupid, arbitrary "generational" groups are just that, stupid and arbitrary. They are of minimal use and are more detrimental than not. No doubt they were conjured up by some Mad Men to sell things.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

oh, so you're not 89 then.  I get so confused about the millennials.  Were they born in the 90s or not until 2000.  and GenX, are they the 80's kids? and Was there a Gen Y? The boomers span 3 decades I believe, from the post WW2 40's  to the early 60's, right? and where does Star Trek the next Generation fit in?

I can't keep up with these labels anymore. haha

Aren't Gen Y kids born between 1980 & 1990? Some say they belong in Gen X, others say they belong in the Millennial group. Is there a generational group after Millennials?

headscratch.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Preach! Those stupid, arbitrary "generational" groups are just that, stupid and arbitrary. They are of minimal use and are more detrimental than not. No doubt they were conjured up by some Mad Men to sell things.

If by "Mad Men" you mean 'the free press' and by things you mean 'advertising to fans of sensationalism' then I do agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I can't keep up with these labels anymore. haha

Aren't Gen Y kids born between 1980 & 1990? Some say they belong in Gen X, others say they belong in the Millennial group. Is there a generational group after Millennials?

headscratch.png

It's a pretty useless abstraction layer to people that want facts.

(Oh my!  They put a time limit on me for posting too fast.)

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of old......   Kinda wish there was a minimum age requirement of say.... 14 or so to be able to post here. It might reduce threads like this. Mind you, it wouldn't reduce

those from ones in need of professional help that only appear to be under age.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.