Targeting users you don’t like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Surely you're smart enough to not eat at McDonald's.  I mean, I eat there all the time, but, let's face it, I don't make good decisions.

No, I don't. I'm a veggie. But it's nice knowing that it's there if I ever want to join the civilised , epicurean world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

That is some impressive derailment you guys have accomplished. Well done

Well, it was either that or get into another bitter backbiting brawl.

1 minute ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Don’t all you old people have something else to worry about?

Who you callin' "old"?!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For at least 20 seconds........... WITH SOAP

I was wondering.... as long as I stay home safe in my little cocoon of no covid germs, do I have to be so compulsive with the handwashing?   And I'm really sick of wearing this mask.

Edited by kali Wylder
especially when I'm eating....
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hey, Kali...at the risk of turning this into another coronavirus thread...here are my thoughts on it.  Note, I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice!

• Some statistics are showing that more people are getting the virus who are staying home than people who aren't.  Like, 66%.  But I think this is misleading, because there ARE more people staying home than are not.  So I still think self-isolating is a good idea.
  • Yes, you do need to wash your hands often.  Reason:  The virus might get transferred to surfaces in your home in several ways...visitors, pets, packages, just blowing in the window on the spring breeze.  It's LESS likely than going out in public places, but it's still possible.  So, continue good hygiene.
  • Unless you think you yourself are infected, or are living with someone who is, you don't need a mask in your home.  Wear it when you are out in public.  The mask provides you with some protection, but it actually provides more protection to OTHER people (it does a good job of keeping your virus particles, if you have them, from getting to others).
  • It's all about minimizing your exposure.  You might inhale a single virus particle, or maybe a few hundred, and nothing might happen.  The particles might inactivate before finding cells to infect.  Your immune system might kill them off.  But if you get hit with a much larger number, you might get sick.  So we do things like staying at home, keeping our distance from others, hand washing, gloves and masks in public, etc.  Make it less likely that you'll encounter a whole gang of virus particles.
  • Take reasonable precautions, and then don't panic or worry.  You're doing what you can, and after that, what will happen will happen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hey, Kali...at the risk of turning this into another coronavirus thread...here are my thoughts on it.  Note, I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice!

• Some statistics are showing that more people are getting the virus who are staying home than people who aren't.  Like, 66%.  But I think this is misleading, because there ARE more people staying home than are not.  So I still think self-isolating is a good idea.
  • Yes, you do need to wash your hands often.  Reason:  The virus might get transferred to surfaces in your home in several ways...visitors, pets, packages, just blowing in the window on the spring breeze.  It's LESS likely than going out in public places, but it's still possible.  So, continue good hygiene.
  • Unless you think you yourself are infected, or are living with someone who is, you don't need a mask in your home.  Wear it when you are out in public.  The mask provides you with some protection, but it actually provides more protection to OTHER people (it does a good job of keeping your virus particles, if you have them, from getting to others).
  • It's all about minimizing your exposure.  You might inhale a single virus particle, or maybe a few hundred, and nothing might happen.  The particles might inactivate before finding cells to infect.  Your immune system might kill them off.  But if you get hit with a much larger number, you might get sick.  So we do things like staying at home, keeping our distance from others, hand washing, gloves and masks in public, etc.  Make it less likely that you'll encounter a whole gang of virus particles.
  • Take reasonable precautions, and then don't panic or worry.  You're doing what you can, and after that, what will happen will happen.

Ah Lindal, Thx so much for the serious reply to my tongue in cheek post.  I thought the reference to wearing a mask while eating would give it away. Yeah, I know the scientific theory behind the shelter in place rationale.  But who knows?  You might have helped somebody with your post. wasn't sure whether to giggle or say thanks, hence my reply

• Like 2

Every situation can be mediated, but people—especially older people—keep their opinions about things instead of trying to open their view and actually listen without their bias getting in the way. So, it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Every situation can be mediated, but people—especially older people—keep their opinions about things instead of trying to open their view and actually listen without their bias getting in the way. So, it is what it is.

Apparently you never encountered my toddler grandson when he has a fit over not being able to play on his toddler ipad half the night...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm feeling persecuted with ageism hate speech! This just might MAKE ME do something to get in trouble. :::washes hands thoroughly before returning to worrying and chewing nails:::

meanwhile...

Huh, didn't know our birthdays show up on our profiles. But I know for a fact that @Amina Sopwith is 89 years old. You just read it on the Internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

She seems nice...

moneyshot.png

Death. Bring. It. On. There is a much better world to go to after this crappy crap one anyway.

But seriously, Ashlyn, when you have wished and willed every one of us dead - and it seems everyone in the entire world upsets you for one reason or another - what then? You aren't going to feel any better. At. All. 

Seek help.

To the others who are just picking and poking at her - so disappointed we all haven't got aything better to do with our time really. 

And I don't understand why Linden Lab are happy for this content to be out there, in public. Doesn't show any of the residents of Second Life in a very good light at all.

I am almost as ashamed to be a resident of Second Life currently as I am that my alcoholic neighbour constantly brings the area in real life down by smashing all the windows! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There is a myth that older people are more set in their ways, but I bet there are some psyc studies that reveal if this is actually true.  I think it more likely that some older people just grow weary of the world and block it out -- become apathetic.

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

And when I am, people will STILL be berating the millennials for being the entitled, irresponsible, feckless youth of today. 

oh, so you're not 89 then.  I get so confused about the millennials.  Were they born in the 90s or not until 2000.  and GenX, are they the 80's kids? and Was there a Gen Y? The boomers span 3 decades I believe, from the post WW2 40's  to the early 60's, right? and where does Star Trek the next Generation fit in?

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There is a myth that older people are more set in their ways, but I bet there are some psyc studies that reveal if this is actually true.  I think it more likely that some older people just grow weary of the world and block it out -- become apathetic.

People do tend to hang on to what they know and keep doing what has been working for them.   If they don't have any experience with what works, they tend to be random and erratic and end up polluted in a gutter somewhere, or arguing on forums.

3 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

oh, so you're not 89 then.  I get so confused about the millennials.  Were they born in the 90s or not until 2000.  and GenX, are they the 80's kids? and Was there a Gen Y? The boomers span 3 decades I believe, from the post WW2 40's  to the early 60's, right? and where does Star Trek the next Generation fit in?

I do hate those names, the generations names or whatever they are called.  Complete and utter rubbish to perpetuate prejudice against people based upon when they were born.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I think I'm more open minded as time passes. I always thought I was empathetic, but in hindsight I see that it really took some giant whacks of life to become closer to truly empathetic. I always find it interesting when people mock those older than themselves because, what? The clock stops ticking for them? The whole getting older, day by day, just doesn't exist in their little worlds? Ah... the amusement of the inevitable karma.

Edited by Seicher Rae
I'm my own little personal grammar Nazi
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.