Targeting users you don’t like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Whoa. When was that? 

/me takes my non-mesh head off and blows into one ear to clear out the cobwebs. 

Must have been 1967 when I remember ice on the inside of the windows. And we got the cat when I was 10, so maybe 1974 for the central heating. The guy who installed it had a big bushy beard and took his coffee black - why do I remember this?? !

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I don't know what to make for dinner. Send help >.<

Any tinned stuff?  Or some pasta. I'm going to throw together (tinned) potato and leek soup with tagliatelle pasta and throw some chopped up bacon on the top. 

Viola!

• Like 2

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

Hm. I had no idea central heating wasn't the norm in the mid 80s. Then again, Hounslow.

Maybe the place I was staying (it was the house of family friends) was an aberration?

Then again, Hounslow. (Which is where my mother grew up. But she's very nice.)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

What have you got in?

Noodles, eggs, rice, pesto, bell pepper, bananas, pepperoni, cheese, brocolli.

I could mishmash the rice with vegetables and eggs, shouldn't be bad!

Edit: I totally just wrong quoted, sorry!

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Stir fry with egg rice/noodles. Or stuffed peppers. Or if you have butter, milk and flour, you could do broccoli cheese (like cauliflower or macaroni cheese but with broccoli). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

Edit: I totally just wrong quoted, sorry!

Bananas - baked bananas. Yum. 

Brocolli and peppers with noodles and cheese. 

Eggs and cheese. Eggs and cheese. Oh I want that now! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

Yeah, a nice stir fry. There's even a soy sauce thread in the forum. :)

A little butter and brown sugar (or maple syrup) and a saute of that banana for dessert.

Or you could go with the noodles, cheese, pepperoni and broccoli.

You have a wealth of choices!

• Like 3

We are so lucky to have central heating - although today it is quite warm where I am in the UK, and I am counting my many blessings. And food. To have such choice. And to have a good appetite also - you never realise how important that is until it goes. 

I may have had a tad too much coffee today. I definitely had plenty of sleep last night. 

I just got to say. 

I love Gilda Radner. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

That is part of it, but there is also an entire backstory at play here, along with a metric eff-ton of subterfuge. The story is full of drama, and threatening behavior, stalking residents across multiple platforms away from the forums, and then expecting people to just forget it all happened and assume the role of victim rather than perpetrator. 

It's a bit like being children and doing the "I'm not touching you" thing and poking the air all around a sibling, but not actually ever touching them, then finally getting punched by the sibling and crying foul, as if the first sibling didn't instigate the entire mess by doing the "I'm not touching you" thing. 

And it's asinine. 

I don't think anyone could have explained it better. :) Thanks!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

We are so lucky to have central heating - although today it is quite warm where I am in the UK, and I am counting my many blessings. And food. To have such choice. And to have a good appetite also - you never realise how important that is until it goes. 

I may have had a tad too much coffee today. I definitely had plenty of sleep last night. 

What is the name of the actress in that screenshot? 

We're being TARGETED for snow within 24 hours! ffs

I stayed at a couple of places in Ireland that had frost inside. It was the late 1990s.

I need to eat and this thread has made me hungry. Was that its intent? I do love the forumites when they stick together and TARGET a problem, like what to have for dinner. Hive mind at its best.

The picture is Roseanne Roseannadanna, by Gilda Radner (RIP), in early Saturday Night Live skits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The picture is Roseanne Roseannadanna, by Gilda Radner (RIP), in early Saturday Night Live skits.

Since the issue to be addressed in this thread is solved now, can we turn this into a Gilda Radner Appreciation Thread?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Since the issue to be addressed in this thread is solved now, can we turn this into a Gilda Radner Appreciation Thread?

Yeah! And since everyone and their brothers and their pets are now blocked, the thread can be whatever it wants to be with impunity! Yay!

Or... hmmm... since the OP didn't get the responses it wanted (one assumes), it just might lead to the removal of this whole thread! Off topic! But, it wouldn't lie about the blocking, would it? :::chews fingernails in worry:::

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.