Soy Sauce (BlogLife)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some of the best soy sauce I've ever tasted was of Japanese origin, I think. I was on a flight from the Philippines and Japan where I tasted this sauce...I think I put it on either fish or soba noodles. Not only was it salty, it had good savory hints as well!

I love soy sauce...I really value its usefulness when making fried rice....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I agree and the western stuff is not even close..Japanese never use GMO plants + what you tasted was likely fermented Soy Bean that is very common in Asia and very uncommon in the west.

Heh, I didn't know they don't really use fermented soybeans in the West. The more you know, I guess. Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

I watched a YouTube video once about one of the best soy sauces in the world.  Apparently, even the building a great soy sauce is made in is protected, because the fermentation process is also dependent on the materials used in building construction, the barrels and spores that accumulate over time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don’t have a refined soy sauce palette....  however yesterday was the first time I left my house since coming home from gall bladder removal surgery on March 14.  One thing I bought?  A kikoman soy sauce dispenser. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.