SL on IPad?

GemmaStone9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, but no, but kind of yes.

There is no proper 3D viewer for mobile devices like you have on desktop.

There are some old unsupported viewers like Lumiya floating around.

There is a browser-based viewer called SpeedLight in development. Since it runs in a browser, it even works on an iPad. It has a 3D view in development, but it's very rough.
6f14c4ad1a.png

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There is a browser-based viewer called SpeedLight in development. Since it runs in a browser, it even works on an iPad. It has a 3D view in development, but it's very rough.

Cool avatars though, much better than the jellydolls. ;)

It has been reported that LL are working on an app for the iPhone, but it won’t have graphics or even place your av in world, just chat access.

I had an old app years ago that enabled me to access SL with both my iPhone and iPad, but that too had no graphics and was very ‘crashy’. I’ve not seen it for a long time.

8 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

It's interesting that it appears to be displaying some mesh objects in the scene barring avatars. Perhaps they plan to add it in?

Making avatars visible has a lot of implications. They need to first implement the SL skeleton, rigging data, attachments, animations, and a whole bunch of other things.

I don't know anything about their development plans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Making avatars visible has a lot of implications. They need to first implement the SL skeleton, rigging data, attachments, animations, and a whole bunch of other things.

I like this as an approach very much. I don't need to see my av for a lot of what I do inworld, so it's a good compromise in my book.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.