Why did a lot of demos/gifts change from 0L to 1L?

MelodicRain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pretty sure they were all 0L a couple of weeks ago since I shop on marketplace a LOT, but this last few days I noticed many demos/gifts were changed from 0L to 1L. Did LL recently change their policy regarding 0L items or something?

Edited by MelodicRain

5 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

Pretty sure they were all 0L a couple of weeks ago since I shop on marketplace a LOT, but this last few days I noticed many demos/gifts were changed from 0L to 1L. Did LL recently change their policy regarding 0L items or something?

No policy change regarding 0L items.  There is a thread that discussed demos and the topic of paying 1L came up.  On the MP, a 1L demo can be gifted, whereas a 0L one cannot.  Many folks said that they would pay 1L for a demo.  Maybe a few creators read that and decided to start charging so their demos can be gifted or maybe to start charging just because people will pay it.

I just put up an item at L$0, and every hour or two someone buys one. The thing is, it's an height adapter for my escalators, totally useless unless you have the escalator it fits. The people getting it are not escalator customers. There seem to be people, or bots, who buy every L$0 item, useless or not. Is that the case? I may raise the price to L$1 if the nuisance transactions keep up.

• Like 1

The little brand I model for charges 1L$ for demos only to allow gifting the final recipient with the demo before the actual purchase. This way there's no excuse for refunds of gifts to other people that, say, wear a different body than those supported by the item (stated in the description, but we all know few read descriptions) 

Edited by OptimoMaximo

Seriously who gifts demos? Just link your friend the MP link to get the demo themselves? That's like packing one of those food samples at Costco and mailing that to your friend. That's not what a gift is. Idk if I'm in the minority here but I'd be pretty damn embarrassed if my friend/partner got a gift notification from me and turned out I mailed them a frickin demo.

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MelodyClone1 said:

Seriously who gifts demos? Just link your friend the MP link to get the demo themselves?

We do this with our alts.  Being able to gift a demo to multiple alts in one checkout transaction is easier and faster than logging each alt in the MP to get their own.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 1:59 AM, animats said:

I just put up an item at L$0, and every hour or two someone buys one. The thing is, it's an height adapter for my escalators, totally useless unless you have the escalator it fits. The people getting it are not escalator customers. There seem to be people, or bots, who buy every L$0 item, useless or not. Is that the case? I may raise the price to L$1 if the nuisance transactions keep up.

I raised some of my demo prices for this very reason. A lot of purchases seem to be bots or mass purchases that never really follow through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.