Long Time Resident Seeking Friends

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My 17th rezday in SL is rapidly approaching, and after being out of SL for about 10 years, for the past 6 months or so I've found myself signing in almost every day again for a little while at least. From running SLUniverse and now VirtualVerse for the past 17 years,  I "know" a lot of people, but in actuality have a pretty small group of close friends who are often off doing their own things. SL can get kind of lonely by yourself, and I always feel like I'm bugging people when I im them to see what they are doing. I'd love to make some new friends in SL that enjoy talking, hanging out, exploring, etc.. I am generally in SL in the evenings (I'm in the eastern US), though I do stay up fairly late. Lately I seem to keep making friends in Europe that go to bed long before I do. If you are interested in adding a friend to spend time with, feel free to IM me in SL or message me here.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I am in the Eastern US, but I am not able to get on every evening or stay on late. But I would love to get together and hang out, and maybe make some pictures together.

• Like 4

Christiano, you can always hit me up. If nothing else, we can go shopping! I am also a bit at a loss of people i can actually just talk to, maybe do a photo, seeking for great locations, sitting at a bar, getting drunken ... 

I am not exactly your timezone but i have sometimes insomnia. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Christiano, you can always hit me up. If nothing else, we can go shopping! I am also a bit at a loss of people i can actually just talk to, maybe do a photo, seeking for great locations, sitting at a bar, getting drunken ... 

I am not exactly your timezone but i have sometimes insomnia. 

Ok but if we are going to be friends don't call me Christiano :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Thanks, I sent IMs to everyone and had the chance to spend some time talking with @Talligurl, @melanatedaquarian and @Conall DeCuir. Thanks so much for the great response. I look forward to getting to know you.

It was fun hanging out with you Cristiano! I'm still cracking up over a few thing Moo said lol 😂 

• Haha 1

What is it with the comeback's being rough? I made my new avi this time, wanted a fresh start... but it seems everyone has the personality i try to meet out there of a wet noodle. local chat's are dead. and i can't find a spot i want to hangout at worth beans. So i am making a spot and i stumbled on these forums.  #Thecomebackkid

So... Mr. Midnight i ask, care to take a walk on the funnier and less paved side of life? Cause the way i am looking at it.. those wet noodles need some spicy meatballs to get life started again.

~ Amber Haze (BongzieHaze Resident)

• Like 3

@Cristiano MidnightI remember a similar blog post about a year ago (?) by another oldbie. She said the same thing about sometimes SL being a lonely place. I agree, although there ain't nobody quite as old as you. :) 17. Geebus. I understand completely about the loneliness of the place, and like others have said it does seem to have gotten harder over the years, for whatever reason. We all have theories... For whatever reason, I tend to be a lone wolf in SL, and people on my friends list (the handful), know that I am a crap inworld friend. I'm shy. I hate bugging people with random IMs. I set myself to busy a lot to take photos, shop or assemble sims. I have seen you inworld though, and you didn't look lonely at the time. :) I forget who you were dancing with.

Anyway, it is late (also EST, New England). I'm rambling. I just was a little surprised to see your post/topic here, and wanted to post something for a little solidarity.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, Cristiano Midnight said:

My 17th rezday in SL is rapidly approaching, and after being out of SL for about 10 years, for the past 6 months or so I've found myself signing in almost every day again for a little while at least. From running SLUniverse and now VirtualVerse for the past 17 years,  I "know" a lot of people, but in actuality have a pretty small group of close friends who are often off doing their own things. SL can get kind of lonely by yourself, and I always feel like I'm bugging people when I im them to see what they are doing. I'd love to make some new friends in SL that enjoy talking, hanging out, exploring, etc.. I am generally in SL in the evenings (I'm in the eastern US), though I do stay up fairly late. Lately I seem to keep making friends in Europe that go to bed long before I do. If you are interested in adding a friend to spend time with, feel free to IM me in SL or message me here.

happy rezday if it's come up yet. I've seen your paintings around town.i have to learn how to send from one page to the next.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:09 PM, melanatedaquarian said:

Hi Cristiano, I"m also based on the east coast. If you're looking for friends that are on and want to hang feel free to shoot me a message inworld. I tend to log on quite frequently. 

all the East Coast people are up this morning!

On 5/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, Cristiano Midnight said:

You mean there really is at least one other person out there whose SL has been the same as mine since day 1? :o It's never fun being the odd "man" out.

Things on the home front seem to be finally settling down a bit so I can start logging in again without having to jump up and run off without any warning. Shoot me a friend invite if you think you can stand hanging around me from time to time. I'm not always easy to get along with but you already know that. 

It's funny. Looking back over the years, no one from SLU ever asked me to be friends in SL. Was I really that mean and hateful? I think now would be a good time for me to stfu.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, Cristiano Midnight said:

Lately I seem to keep making friends in Europe that go to bed long before I do. If you are interested in adding a friend to spend time with, feel free to IM me in SL or message me here.

me to. wow 17 years, but 10 years off... interesting.  I think a lot of people shy away (particularly newer people) from very old members.   anyway, I am est so if you want to hang Im down for it.  No random tps though. I hate that ship.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.