I know this has been asked before, but how on earth do you make friends on here?!

Gemma Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not new to SL. I've been playing since 2008. But I stopped playing around 2015/2016. I've recently returned and it seems impossible to meet new people. Everyone is much more antisocial and shy nowadays. No one talks in local chat anymore. No one talks on voice anymore. I know you can DM people to talk, but I don't know how to break the ice to go beyond just small talk. Most people give uninterested one word replies and the conversations ends up going no where. It's also hard to find a place that even has a group of people. Most sims I TP to are empty. If I'm lucky to find a sim with people, they tend to be bots or perpetually AFK. The only places I've found with tons of people are music clubs and shopping events. But I'm not into clubbing nor am I a big shopper. I miss the old hangout spots that had people congregating just for the sake of chatting and meeting new people. Where do you guys hang out and make new friends?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly I’ve made some of my closest friends here on the forums, so this post is a good start.

Your best bet though is to find a sim that has a designated “get together” spot & wait for people to gather up there. That’s what I do at a sim called The Island of the Insatiables. If you’re interested, shoot me an IM in world & I’ll send you the landmark. :) 

• Like 1

AFK/Bots are a real problem. Best thing to do is go to places and do things that you enjoy regardless.

While you're at it, if you see somebody interesting, an easy icebreaker is to pick something of theirs and comment on it or ask about it.

Asking a person about something they enjoy is the best way to get them talking. 

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 4

I usually hang out in furry sims, but I have found a few hubs that have plenty of people actively chatting and voicing in them.   It depends on the rating of the sim for what you are looking for,  try looking for hub sims ( I think London soho or something like that is one. ) seeing as you are a premium memeber you could always join a group that's a theme orientated one like a group for the bellisseria home owners.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.