changing username

FeeUna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I really hate the last name: Resident, and I am so happy that we now can change our user names.

But none of the names on the current list of last names is really "me" (I mean my SL self).

When can I expect a new list with names that might be more suitable for me?

(Well, you do not know me and what who I am in SL, but those few options offered right now are really not very satisfying...sorry to say)

3 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, FeeUna said:

I really hate the last name: Resident, and I am so happy that we now can change our user names.

But none of the names on the current list of last names is really "me" (I mean my SL self).

When can I expect a new list with names that might be more suitable for me?

(Well, you do not know me and what who I am in SL, but those few options offered right now are really not very satisfying...sorry to say)

We do not know exactly when new names will appear on the list.  In the old days it was roughly every 2-3 months.

• Like 1

Thanks LittleMe Jewell :) Maybe I will wait for another month or two. Maybe I lose interest. I could save my money for something better. The price is high, almost  50 € (39.99 US$+ 7.90 US$ VAT) is a nice dinner in a restaurant. Not my loss when I decide not to spend that money on SL but rather to enjoy it in RL. I do not understand why the list is so short, and even, why I am not completely free in my choice of names. But thank you very much for you kind answer, LittleMe Jewell. Not your fault that I am angry. You are kind and helpful.

Edited by FeeUna
answer was too short
  • Confused 1

Hi @FeeUna!

While you are waiting for some new names, here are a couple of hopefully consoling thoughts...

• The practice of selecting a last name from a limited list goes all the way back to when everyone in SL picked a last name upon registering.
  • Your "placeholder" last name of "Resident" isn't normally visible, and these days only rarely needs to be used, for some legacy devices like older doors and security systems.
  • You may choose any Display Name you like, and (depending on their viewer settings) people will see that name and not your username.  Even if they see your username, most people will, out of courtesy, call you by your Display Name.  Plus, you can change your Display Name as often as once a week.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.