Catwa Freya eye fix

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Following on from my post in another thread, about the issue with the eyes on Catwa Freya:

I have a very quick-&-dirty fix in the form of a tintable tattoo layer that covers the inner corners of the eyes; not yet perfected but shows that it's do-able.

Shown here on Pink Fuel skin, which is one that shows the effect worst:

528219041_catwaeyefix1_001.thumb.jpg.369470136e3b086e9647b54c52815436.jpg

With the fix:

1624688661_catwaeyefix1_002.thumb.jpg.dff33ae2268229b6de4f00982395070d.jpg

• Like 9

I am finding the inner eye corners dragging down very off-putting - you've done well there!

99 percent of my skins (and I have a lot) don't look good on this head - I am quite sure it's personal taste... So far, I've not been able to make this head "mine" - the mouth and nose also aren't responding to sliders how I would like.

Having said this, I am very grateful to Catwa for the chance to try it and will persist...

• Like 2

@Izzie Buttonshould see that picture. She has an under eye concealer, but I am not sure if it goes enough in the corner. It has to be quite big to fix this. I think I took a demo of it inworld, and it was not big enough. The skin is "dragged" out, and the concealer did only take a part of it. But it's a free demo.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-Under-Eye-Lashes-Concealer/19140208

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Since it's advertised as a unisex head: Has anyone tried any male skins on that head yet, with and without that eye fix? 

Do they show the same drag down effect?

I was working on it. If I want this to be a low cost experiment, I am hoping to see some discounted skins. It is a very hard head to make male, but maybe there is skins out there that will look good. I think newer skins made for Daniel or another Catwa male head will work better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Since it's advertised as a unisex head: Has anyone tried any male skins on that head yet, with and without that eye fix? 

I did.. absolutely no difference. Grr. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

i tried Asian male skin (supposed to be for classic avatar)and no eye problem https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lee-001-JaeHo-Lee-2-skin-2-shape-Male-pack/3279510   

.For female one i  use femboy pale skin https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bento-Femboy-Skin-Pale/6618038

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by Klaineanderson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I have tried male skins with it (although my male skins are not particularly masculine or rugged; (I have Elysium, Plastik, Reila and Identity) and they do work well overall, though they share the same dragged-down effect. No idea what it would look like with really masculine skins like those from Session or Birth, though. I think the visibility of the effect depends on the detail of the skin; some of my older skins like Elysium, with less detail around the eyes, don't show it as much.

And the eye fix is now in my store for free: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gubbinz-Catwa-Eye-Fix-BOM/19516955

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

My male look with pipe. Avoiding the eye problem with glasses. Kauna: All freebies, pipe gacha 70 L.

Greg - Shoes Base
Kauna - Monk Strap Shoes: Alpha Layer
Kauna - Alpha Layer: Trousers
Kauna - Alpha Layer: Casual Blazer Jacket Only
CHEERNO HBASE Brunette5
.Chicago Ink. - Beard (tattoo)
- Face Bento -Blink Only- AO (add!)
ALANTORI - Michael Hair
CATWA HEAD Freya [Teeth A] v4.5
Kauna - 2BN Casual Blazer: Tweed Brown (M-TMP)
Kauna - 2BN Casual Shirt: Olive [OU] (M-TMP)
Kauna - 2BN Handkerchief: Olive [OPEN] (M)
Kauna - 2BN Trousers: Tweed Brown (M)
Kauna - Beard: Shape A2 (Catwa Stanley) v1.2
Kauna - Monk Strap Shoes (Standard)
Kauna - Moustache: English (Catwa Stanley) v1.2
Kauna - Pipe: Dublin
Male Party Sunglasses (Inventory)
Tuty DAILY sLIFE Free BENTO Male AO -Priority 4
[BODY] Classic (m) (1.2)
My tweaked shape
7 Deadly s{K}ins - BJORN no HB
Altamura: 1- "MAX" Eyebrows Shape
Greg - Eyes

Kauna collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

While I was making the shape for mine, I noticed some sliders that help to reduce that "dragged down" effect.

Increased eye opening *

Increased eye bags *

Increased nose bridge width

* I compensated for these by also increasing the upper eyelid fold a bit. However it did mean needing to switch out the rigged eyes for another pair of unrigged ones, so I could adjust the position of them down slightly. I still needed the eye skin fix that Maitimo made though. My skin is made for LAQ heads, not Catwa. You can see that it's dragging my eye makeup down too.

Overall though, I was very pleased with how it turned out. It's a pretty head (can't see how it would work for guys though, unless it's for teens/boys/androgynous people who want a feminine face with a male mesh body).

200506_001.thumb.jpg.2b156a16ca70b779a7700e4c5620e60f.jpg

Edited by Tamanni
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.