Free Catwa mesh head, MARKETPLACE!

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I think this may be BOM ready because I did not apply any skin to the Freya head...it just applied by itself when I put the head on.  I am not even sure what skin my avatar in this photo is wearing.  Is it my BOM skin? or my system avatar skin? which both look very alike, btw, with very little difference between the two.  This may be BOM ready because, again, I didn't apply any skin to the head, whatever skin I was wearing just applied and I had the CATWA BOM relay on.  But, it's not BOM according to the ad on Marketplace.

The head has BoM capability. No need for the additional BoM relay, though. Just remove your alpha layer and then look in the skins tab of your Master HUD, at the top right:

bom_catwa.jpg

You do need to click that button in order to activate BoM. The head is not BoM out of the box, as it were.

In addition: in an earlier post on this thread you mentioned you couldn't wear the included rigged eyes. Make sure that you ADD and don't WEAR.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

In addition: in an earlier post on this thread you mentioned you couldn't wear the included rigged eyes. Make sure that you ADD and don't WEAR.

To add to this: You'll also need an eye alpha as the rigged eyes are not BoM. (although I wish they were! Does the BoM relay work on the eyes? I can't remember)

9 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

To add to this: You'll also need an eye alpha as the rigged eyes are not BoM. (although I wish they were! Does the BoM relay work on the eyes? I can't remember)

They are BoM. I''ve been wearing them for two days now and I have system eyes showing on them. You may need to hit the BoM button twice, but the Freya rigged eyes most definitely are BoM.

Additionally: Don't use the gift BoM relay! That's only for the non-Bento heads. All of Catwa's Bento heads now have that BoM button on the skins tab - assuming you have the v4.5 update (which Freya's release version is anyway). If you have an older Catwa Bento head, just redeliver your original purchase, unpack it, and the update will be inside. If your older version is v3.0 or above you can follow this video to transfer your look across from the old head to the new (including all appliers and tints) in just two simple clicks.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

They are BoM. I''ve been wearing them for two days now and I have system eyes showing on them. You may need to hit the BoM button twice, but the Freya rigged eyes most definitely are BoM.

Please ask Daros to kiss you for me! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The head has BoM capability. No need for the additional BoM relay, though. Just remove your alpha layer and then look in the skins tab of your Master HUD, at the top right:

Okies...I wasn't sure because the ad doesn't say it's BOM ready, and I never really looked at the HUD yet.  The odd thing though is that my system skin and BOM skin look very much alike except for the eyebrows...so I had the bare eyebrow BOM skin and had other eyebrows from another creator on.  I dunno where those eyebrows came from in my photos...it looks like my old skin Classic avatar skin as far as the eyebrows only then.  I don't think I had an alpha layer on but I might have because these are not the correct eyebrows in the photos.   I'll check it all later...I'm sure I'll figure it out.

THANKS for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my alt; Serena using Freya freebie plus group gift from skin store and freebie shape I found for Maitreya and Catwa Freya... I think she looks pretty decent and not sure if this right thread to post my picture as she not my main so to me won't fit how does your avatar look today so yeah; apologies if posting in wrong place. :/ 

serena_001.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

This is my alt; Serena using Freya freebie plus group gift from skin store and freebie shape I found for Maitreya and Catwa Freya... I think she looks pretty decent and not sure if this right thread to post my picture as she not my main so to me won't fit how does your avatar look today so yeah; apologies if posting in wrong place. :/ 

Others have posted their handiwork in this thread, so you're okay here. Your alt certainly qualifies for the other thread for purposes of showing off the look of the day, and she is technically your avatar. There is no rule against posting alts. I've posted my two alts' images on there. They're okay with me speaking on their behalf. 😉

This is Boneheaded, my alt, with the Freya head. He wears the shape from Kumiho (with some tweakings) and the current group gift skin from 7 Deadly Skins along with Maitimo's eye fix. His beard is an old Christmas 2019 gift from GA.EG.

boneheaded_001.png

Edited by Gregorian Chant
forgot the eye fix credit.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, kiramanell said:

Thanks for the 'heads-up', Marianne!

I am a little sad it had to come to this, though. :( So many ppl have been badgering them about giving out a free head as well (after Genus did), that it feels a bit like a sad commentary on society, that they felt they had to finally cave, and come up with a free head too. It shouldn't be like this. Next time a store does something nice, and gives away something wickedly expensive (all relative, of course, but $5,000 is not nothing), I hope peeps will just say 'Thank you!' and not clamor for even moar.

The head is appreciated, though. As was your way to 'fix' it.

I will just say 'thank you' and I sign wherever you need to protest!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.