Free Catwa mesh head, MARKETPLACE!

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

Belleza's group gift has one or two (though they are old and not truly BOM, you'll need the finger and toe fixes).  I don't know of any others, except for what dreadful horrors from 2005 that you might find at Freebie Galaxy.

ok ty i was making a video on how to make male avatar but i did it already im afraid my first video was best. The one i did today was subpar. :< Ty though 😄

So , after saying I was not impressed.. I did spend some time with the head and its not half bad for a free head... first one was unedited on my classic avatar shape. then a little mod to face shape and the last is with my skin (I made the skin) I think my alt will keep it. I just do not care for the white around the eyes......

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

So , after saying I was not impressed.. I did spend some time with the head and its not half bad for a free head... first one was unedited on my classic avatar shape. then a little mod to face shape and the last is with my skin (I made the skin) I think my alt will keep it. I just do not care for the white around the eyes......

Snapshot_003.png

You use a system skin, right? You can try the free eye fix that @Maitimohas made? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gubbinz-Catwa-Eye-Fix-BOM/19516955

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:47 PM, FairreLilette said:

I just bought Catya and while some may say she has a bit of "duck lips" I have them slimmed down and it's okay with me...but this is a nice alternative for those who want a smoother lip.  

Never really understood the "duck lips" complaint when you have sliders to adjust that. 🦆 💋 

People are quackers. 🤪 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

Never really understood the "duck lips" complaint when you have sliders to adjust that. 🦆 💋 

People are quackers. 🤪 

Sliders can only do "that much", the rest depends on the rig. Some heads will still have very large lips (I know it depends on personal tastes, what's large for one might look fine for someone else) even at very low/zero sliders values. Same goes for the bodies. You can slim down curvy bodies like Hourglass or Freya, too, but if you're after a slim shape, then they are not very good choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

Never really understood the "duck lips" complaint when you have sliders to adjust that.

@steeljane42's comment is right that sliders only do so much and some heads reach a point where the lips can only go so small before the teeth start poking through the chin and/or upper lip some animations may need a larger lip size to prevent this i noticed this on my Lelutka and have gone as small as i can go with zero poke through

• Like 2

@Tarina Sewell Quick tip: you can use the included Eye HUD in the Freya folder to move the eye textures down on your rigged eyes if you don't want them to be that high. It works on both eye appliers and BoM eyes, assuming that you're using the included Freya rigged mesh eyes. Quick video tutorial here. (The HUD can also be used to resize the textures.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

@Tarina Sewell Quick tip: you can use the included Eye HUD in the Freya folder to move the eye textures down on your rigged eyes if you don't want them to be that high. It works on both eye appliers and BoM eyes, assuming that you're using the included Freya rigged mesh eyes. Quick video tutorial here. (The HUD can also be used to resize the textures.)

That only affects the eyes themselves but what I think @Tarina Sewell was referring to, and myself earlier in the thread, was the skin around the inner eyes.  With skins not specifically made for Catwa heads, the inner eye-corners look like are dragged down and into the nose, distorting them. This looks like a texture-mapping difference between Catwa heads and the classic head, because it doesn't happen with Catwa-specific skins (if they're properly made, and not just an old skin stuffed into a Catwa applier). I noticed it slightly with Margeaux too, but nowhere near as much as with Freya.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

That only affects the eyes themselves but what I think @Tarina Sewell was referring to, and myself earlier in the thread, was the skin around the inner eyes.  With skins not specifically made for Catwa heads, the inner eye-corners look like are dragged down and into the nose, distorting them. This looks like a texture-mapping difference between Catwa heads and the classic head, because it doesn't happen with Catwa-specific skins (if they're properly made, and not just an old skin stuffed into a Catwa applier). I noticed it slightly with Margeaux too, but nowhere near as much as with Freya.

it happened with the skin that came with the head....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

People are quackers. 🤪 

Yeah, my Catya I really like it...it's certain lighting too that can make the sloop from the nose to the upper lip curve appear likes it's sticking too far out.  My little helpful hint of giving the lower lip an underbite (it's under chin or jaw? - the underbite slider) brings the lower lip *in* a bit so it's not two lips protruding.  Try the underbite slider on any Catwa head to see what I mean...needs subtlety when working with the underbite slider.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yes, I'm aware that's what you were discussing. I just noticed that Tarina's eyeball textures seemed quite high and rolled up a little behind her upper eyelids, so I offered a quick tip on how to lower them. It's just something that now comes as second nature regarding my inworld work: if I see a potential issue I try to offer a solution to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I just got the free head and I don't understand the eyes yet BUT I have BOM skin on her that I had already bought, plus I made the eye corners of my shape go down deliberately because I wanted to try it for a fantasy shape so in my photo the eyes are not a problem with the head, I just changed the inner corner slider down.   SO, Fantasy Shape in the making by me plus forgot to adjust the necklace.  Re:  The eyes...in the photo these are system eyes...my avatar doesn't seem to want to wear the rigged eyes it came with and I need log off for the evening.  I will figure it out eventually!  

It's a very nice product for free. THANKIES BUNCHES, Catwa!  

Snapshot_1026 (2).png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Are you wearing the clothes that are made to fit your mesh body? Because it doesn't look like they are rig properly at all.

My body is Legacy.  Not all clothes fit me.  So I use most Hourglass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aderrymer said:

In the evening my head becomes this color.  Anyone know why?IMG-20200508-105909-731.jpg

Guessing, because the head skin doesn't match the body skin? You need to alter the colour of the skins in the huds to get the best match up possible (if not paying for proper skins).
Also, seriously, Don't just throw clothes on willy nilly because you don't have any that fit your body! Get/buy clothes that state "for Belleza, Maitreya, slink, LEGACY....." and such. That way you KNOW there's a version in there that will fit you. Jump around stores, join their 'group' if "free", get their "group gifts", join the 'stay at home club' and get all the freebies (that fit) from their page.  For more help, go on YouTube and type "second life Legacy body" into the search bar.

20 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Guessing, because the head skin doesn't match the body skin? You need to alter the colour of the skins in the huds to get the best match up possible (if not paying for proper skins).
Also, seriously, Don't just throw clothes on willy nilly because you don't have any that fit your body! Get/buy clothes that state "for Belleza, Maitreya, slink, LEGACY....." and such. That way you KNOW there's a version in there that will fit you. Jump around stores, join their 'group' if "free", get their "group gifts", join the 'stay at home club' and get all the freebies (that fit) from their page.  For more help, go on YouTube and type "second life Legacy body" into the search bar.

Yes, it is best to use clothes that fit, or simply don't buy. Send a polite notecard to the designer and say you tried on demos, but could not buy because it was no Legacy sizes. When people do that, some creators adapt.

Also, with BoM, it is easy to add modesty patches that cover the nipples. So in case you still want to use loose tops, there are no visible nipples. 😉

So many stores have Legacy sizes now, it is not a problem. It is easier to find Legacy then Slink Physique, I found out.

One of my alts has the free Classic Meshbody, and I found out that she can use tops for the Legacy well. Almost everything sit loose around the hips, like low jeans and bikinis. Shoes for Legacy fit like a dream.

It is annoying that TMP is using so generic words like Meshbody, Legacy and Classic. I think it is so they show up first in search for "meshbody" when people search for a generic meshbody, not Meshbody brand.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I just got the free head and I don't understand the eyes yet BUT I have BOM skin on her that I had already bought, plus I made the eye corners of my shape go down deliberately because I wanted to try it for a fantasy shape so in my photo the eyes are not a problem with the head, I just changed the inner corner slider down.   SO, Fantasy Shape in the making by me plus forgot to adjust the necklace.  Re:  The eyes...in the photo these are system eyes...my avatar doesn't seem to want to wear the rigged eyes it came with and I need log off for the evening.  I will figure it out eventually!  

It's a very nice product for free. THANKIES BUNCHES, Catwa!  

Snapshot_1026 (2).png

Okay, I just got this head last night when I was tired.  I thought it was BOM.  It's not!  This must be my old system skin I was wearing then.  I had BOM activated when I put the Freya head on.  BOM is kind of complicated to say the least.  I need to build this avatar with the Omega system then.  

LOVELY GIFT from CATWA!  

I will be making some "fantasy" fairy-like or elf shapes with my free Freya gift.  It is very much appreciated!   But, it is not BOM...I made a mistake regarding that.  But, again, BOM is a bit complicated to say the least.  I'm beginning to go....huh?  We have a system avi, a part BOM avi, a part Omega avi.  I will figure it out eventually.  

Edit:  I think this may be BOM ready because I did not apply any skin to the Freya head...it just applied by itself when I put the head on.  I am not even sure what skin my avatar in this photo is wearing.  Is it my BOM skin? or my system avatar skin? which both look very alike, btw, with very little difference between the two.  This may be BOM ready because, again, I didn't apply any skin to the head, whatever skin I was wearing just applied and I had the CATWA BOM relay on.  But, it's not BOM according to the ad on Marketplace.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.