Looking for someone to spend my Second life with

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since my two year hiatus ive been back for 2 months ive been lucky enough to find a family  that i love but when it comes to my own personal life looking for friends and a partner has been harder then i thought it would be. Its so hard to trust anyone so many are taken  and many will act like they want to be with you but they end up with another or they dont want nothing but to have fun. I want to get to know a guy  before i get into something serious I've been in SL for 10yrs and have been hurt so many times so i am very cautious but i am still willing to try to meet the right guy if he is still out there. I'm taking a break right now cause of being hurt on sl once again but i want to be able to built something with someone when i return. I usually enjoy exploring listening to music and dancing i also take photos that i put up on flickr under the same name here. I do window shopping and hang with friends when i have them and into rp sims with my family. If any of this is interest you please feel free to message me here Thank you 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, Lia Sharpshire said:

Since my two year hiatus ive been back for 2 months ive been lucky enough to find a family  that i love but when it comes to my own personal life looking for friends and a partner has been harder then i thought it would be. Its so hard to trust anyone so many are taken  and many will act like they want to be with you but they end up with another or they dont want nothing but to have fun. I want to get to know a guy  before i get into something serious I've been in SL for 10yrs and have been hurt so many times so i am very cautious but i am still willing to try to meet the right guy if he is still out there. I'm taking a break right now cause of being hurt on sl once again but i want to be able to built something with someone when i return. I usually enjoy exploring listening to music and dancing i also take photos that i put up on flickr under the same name here. I do window shopping and hang with friends when i have them and into rp sims with my family. If any of this is interest you please feel free to message me here Thank you 🙂

If you are interested i get online to check messages so you can drop me a message or note card there and i will get back to you ^^

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lia Sharpshire said:

Are you saying i dont love myself?

Quite the opposite. You're responding to your own request for a partner by inviting yourself to send you messages. 

The more I think about it, the more I think you have the right attitude.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Quite the opposite. You're responding to your own request for a partner by inviting yourself to send you messages. 

The more I think about it, the more I think you have the right attitude.

Ohh noo lol i noticed i just had for people to contact me here so i was trying to correct it but i did it the wrong way my bad  >.<

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lia Sharpshire said:

Ohh noo lol i noticed i just had for people to contact me here so i was trying to correct it but i did it the wrong way my bad  >.<

I admit I was a bit confused!

I wish I had some decent advice for you; maybe a Prince Charming has sent you a private message by now - I hope so. BUT the best friendships/relationships (for me at any rate) have happened organically, just because I've been right place, right time, and all I can suggest is get yourself in world to places that look appealing to you, whether that is music, art, photography friendly sims, whatever interests you, and be open for conversation, but don't focus on actual relationships. Better to have a friend forever, than a lover for short-term. And then if anything develops from an established friendship, what a wonderful thing that will be. 

Good luck to you, Lia. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I wish I had some decent advice for you; maybe a Prince Charming has sent you a private message by now - I hope so. BUT the best friendships/relationships (for me at any rate) have happened organically, just because I've been right place, right time, and all I can suggest is get yourself in world to places that look appealing to you, whether that is music, art, photography friendly sims, whatever interests you, and be open for conversation, but don't focus on actual relationships. Better to have a friend forever, than a lover for short-term. And then if anything develops from an established friendship, what a wonderful thing that will be. 

Good luck to you, Lia. 

It would be nice to have a nice message waiting on me hehe but i suppose you are right maybe i need to hang out more places of interest cause the club scenes isnt the place to start it seems >.< I enjoy making friends hopefully i can just start there and see how things go Thanks for the nice words 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, JenniferWind said:

best of luck sweety, each time I end up with someone, they end up being verbally abusive and threats that are extreme. 😬

Thank you so much i havent had the best luck either but i try to keep going. I'm sorry to hear you go through that.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 4:35 PM, JenniferWind said:

best of luck sweety, each time I end up with someone, they end up being verbally abusive and threats that are extreme. 😬

Yikes that sounds awful.  I always end up being ghosted and abandoned.  Hence the whole "giving up and not trying that again" thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This can be a horrible place sometimes. From my experiences, if it feels like people are hiding something or they show signs of being abusive; hard as it may be, do yourself a favor, don't allow yourself to become close. You can guess what happens next. I do agree with Marigold DevinUsually good connections will happen naturally, out in world. Just be careful and take your time with it. Even then, always be cautious and trust your gut. 

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

Yikes that sounds awful.  I always end up being ghosted and abandoned.  Hence the whole "giving up and not trying that again" thing.

I end up with someone who cheats and everything that comes out of his mouth are nothing but a tissue of lies. I think I'm just going to give up even looking. (I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for saying this but....) most men are pigs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

(I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for saying this but....) most men are pigs...

1200px-German_12.8_cm_Flak_40_-_static_m

Pew pew pew!

But nah, honestly, I think that 'most people' in general, both men and women, can be swine. After my latest romantic adventure I feel like I'm done with dating. But then again, as did the previous one, suddenly I just find myself there again without even looking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

most men are pigs, they only think with the brain under their belt between their legs. there are a few exceptions to the rule but usually they are already taken most of time.

but

some women can be just as bad.. so really both genders can be and are pigs when it is convenient for them after they have gotten what they wanted out of a relationship...

never trust someone completely online, never believe everything they say or claim about themselves. never put too much blind faith or belief or trust in what kind of person they are. always be cautious and protect yourself from the jerks that proliferate the internet and sl.

dont let yourself become infatuated with someone just because they seem perfect online.. the more perfect they sound or act the less perfect they really are and you will get hurt by them at some point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

1200px-German_12.8_cm_Flak_40_-_static_m

Pew pew pew!

But nah, honestly, I think that 'most people' in general, both men and women, can be swine. After my latest romantic adventure I feel like I'm done with dating. But then again, as did the previous one, suddenly I just find myself there again without even looking.

I totally agree with you Orwar, both men AND women can be that way. Right now, the wound is still fresh and raw, so it'll be quite awhile before I can even think of looking, much less trust someone, it's hard, ya know? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Right now, the wound is still fresh and raw, so it'll be quite awhile before I can even think of looking, much less trust someone, it's hard, ya know? 

As is often the case. And I find it entirely natural that women may cry out 'men are all pigs!' when hurt, or when trying to be emphatic to friends who have been burnt - just as men may use something equally generalising such as 'women are all the same/only care about this or that'. 

You'll get back on the horse eventually, in the meantime I usually find it's best to just be a little extra nice to myself - and use all that anger and darkness to produce some provocative art!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

As is often the case. And I find it entirely natural that women may cry out 'men are all pigs!' when hurt, or when trying to be emphatic to friends who have been burnt - just as men may use something equally generalising such as 'women are all the same/only care about this or that'. 

You'll get back on the horse eventually, in the meantime I usually find it's best to just be a little extra nice to myself - and use all that anger and darkness to produce some provocative art!

thanks Orwar, as far as that provocative art goes, does shopping count??? 😁

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

thanks Orwar, as far as that provocative art goes, does shopping count??? 😁

I think that falls under the 'being nice to yourself' part, but I suppose that's up to what you're shopping for!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.