Test

Peewee Musytari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just testing whats going on with Comments and if OP can repost now.

EDIT: FAIL!! - OP can only repost by editing now.

EDIT: @LoveAngel - Do you see Comments on any threads or is it just me? They have all vanished on mine.

EDIT: All previous Comments have vanished, if you look at thread with 6 replies there is only 2 in there etc - I started a feedback thread, but in the meantime I guess we should tell all the posters how to edit their OP to reply to us.

EDIT: @Irene, I agree, hopefully its a work in progress, we really need those missing posts back though, its trashed most of the old threads. A reply button on every post would be ideal too.

EDIT: Not sure we are getting the thread in order of postings yet either, my order setting is default & on my screen I can`t see any logic to the order the posts are coming up in.

EDIT: LOL Rolig, you posted a comment!!...I found that one totally by accident, its a good comment too, shame its now invisible lol :D

8 answers to this question

Oh @%^$%$!!  I am away from home and on a borrowed computer for the week, and now LL does this with the forums? Lexie, change it BACK!! :smileysurprised::smileymad::smileysad:

ETA: Well, I mean, not necessarily back, because I always thought that Comments were kind of dumb and confusing, but let's not lose the Comments that were already there in existing threads.  Not that I know how to do this halfway.....

Answers needs to be bloody closed down and just made another forum.  Whatever special purpose this and knowledge base was supposed to serve, it clearly isn't as can be seen from the standard of the questions (same old stuff that should be so easy to find as to be almost unavoidable)

I'm not sure, Peter. I chase myself in circles about this one. You are right that we get a high percentage of repeat questions that should be very easy for people to answer on their own. At the same time, however, the Knowledge Base is almost impossible to use and doesn't contain the answers to most of the common questions that people are asking. This Answers area, itself, contains the responses to those questions and is searchable, but clearly the people who come here don't search it. The bottom line seems to be that people who use Answers are expecting a "live", personalized response system, and that's almost what we provide. Unlike the Forums, where a question may sit for hours (or longer) before someone picks it up, Answers draws a flock of quick responses. Is this the way it should be? Probably not, but it looks as if Answers is serving an ecological niche where at least some residents live. I'm afraid those residents would be lost if they were dumped into the Forum pool.

So, what would make Answers better? A good, SEARCHABLE data base that includes the stuff that is in KB, the wiki, and previously posted Answers. I doubt that most residents would use it, but it would sure help those of us who sit here, trying to provide fast answers. If we are supposed to be a fast, "live" help desk,we need the tools to help us do the job well. I, for one, have a heck of a time digging out answers for people. The only things that save me are that (1) I'm reasonably smart and creative, (2) I have 4 years of SL experience and (3) I have a fairly decent memory, so that I know where a lot of the details are buried without having to search for them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.