BVH Animation Upload Problem

Tactical UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When attempting to upload a BVH file from Blender (Sparkles) or the Bento version of QAVimator, a repeating error of "Failed to Initialize Motion" is given by the importer with no information to diagnose the issue with. In both cases, it involves simply moving the avatar 1 unit forward.

Files provided here for anyone who wants to help:

Blender: File

QAV: File

---------

Update: After experimenting with multiple options, it would appear that the BVH exporter in Blender/QAVBento does not work with SL's importer. Avastar's exporter function does work however which is a bit of kick in the teeth that you'd have to spend 11kL just to export an animation file for bento.

Edited by Secondary Lionheart

I use Singularity as well and had to upload the animations as .ANIM files because the BVH files wouldn't initialize. My only issue with this is that there was no way to preload the file ingame unlike BVH so I spent close to 200L trying to adjust the animation due to upload fees.

1 hour ago, Secondary Lionheart said:

I use Singularity as well and had to upload the animations as .ANIM files because the BVH files wouldn't initialize. My only issue with this is that there was no way to preload the file ingame unlike BVH so I spent close to 200L trying to adjust the animation due to upload fees.

Note that you can upload animations anywhere on the beta grid (Aditi) for free -- well they give you free money and you use that :D.    Any newish avatars will likely (still) need to send in a support ticket so that they can GET to the beta grid. 

I agree that I would like to see the bvh files inworld before uploading as that is very handy.  I had the same issues and just upload as anim from Avastar.  So glad to know it wasn't anything that I did. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.