"Comments" on Answers

Peewee Musytari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't think removing comments from Answers was a good idea. If you now want to add some additional info to an already given answer, you will have to reply to the original question. And since the order of answers can be changed by giving kudos so it's not in chronological order anymore, this makes referring to somebody cumbersome. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

It should be ok if we end up with something like a normal forum where you can reply to another poster and quote them. It will be great to finally get the threads to read in some sort of order.

But we definately need the old comments back as posts and some reply buttons, especially for the OPs who currently don`t have one at all.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

It should be ok if we end up with something like a normal forum where you can reply to another poster and quote them.

This.

I cannot understand why Answers don't hace the same format of forums. Q&A in SL are not so simple as I ask and another answer.

But it's true that the simple solution of delete comment it's not a good idea.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

It should be ok if we end up with something like a normal forum where you can reply to another poster and quote them. It will be great to finally get the threads to read in some sort of order.

But we definately need the old comments back as posts and some reply buttons, especially for the OPs who currently don`t have one at all.

Completely agree!

Still glad to see that it is not possible to add comments anymore.

Earlier I had a 'now you see them, now you don't' with the comments. I had just added a comment to a post, but after saving it, I couldn't find it back. Refreshed a couple of times and it reappeared again. I was sure there was something going on with my browser, but obviously not.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.