You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, FairreLilette said:

This may sounds stupid but the only thing I can think of is it's just so overloaded no one can get in...so maybe they are having to ban a bit of the group at a time to let people in.

I thought the same tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It seems pretty obvious that you were banned and it's not an SL glitch. The forums is not the place to address it, though, unless your real goal is to take a swing at Catwa for banning you. 

I only wanted to see if it happened to others as I thought it was a glitch. These past days have shown me it's not.

You were one of the lucky ones xD

To everyone else, I've given up and that's ok. I'm not here to trash anyone. I wanted answers and I got them. I can't delete this thread. It will continue to be read. It will continue to be commented on. It will definitely continue to form opinions. 

Note: I don't hate anyone lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Has anyone got a picture of this head? I'm imagining it must be like Helen of Troy. The face that lagged a thousand regions or something. Just how beautiful is it? 

Interesting point, Amina. I haven't really seen anything about the ah-mazing-ness of the head, just that it is Catwa and FREE! Queue the madness!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

CATWA GIFT UNISEX HEAD Freya

Yeah, this is the photo you get but what is interesting is it says it's unisex.  So I kind of wanted one but I'm still shaping Catya.  It's a lot of work of make a shape.

45 minutes ago, Katt Dragoone said:

I only wanted to see if it happened to others as I thought it was a glitch. These past days have shown me it's not.

Oh Katt...do you think you were banned because of the DMCA thread about another maker's heads?  I can't remark on what you said as I don't recall...but it might have been something about Catwa.  

Those DMCA things shouldn't be brought to the forum anyways, imo, because the purchasers here have no control in a DMCA case...purchasers are a forgotten party in that mess.  I'm sorry a thread like that was ever started about Genus.  

Go for the 1 linden head that Maryanne posted from another maker.  That looks very nice.  Contact CATWA if you can after this madness to get the free head is over.  

Edited by FairreLilette

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh Katt...do you think you were banned because of the DMCA thread about another maker's heads?  I can't remark on what you said as I don't recall...but it might have been something about Catwa.  

Those DMCA things shouldn't be brought to the forum anyways, imo, because the purchasers here have no control in a DMCA case...purchasers are a forgotten party in that mess.  I'm sorry a thread like that was ever started about Genus.  

Go for the 1 linden head that Maryanne posted from another maker.  That looks very nice.  Contact CATWA if you can after this madness to get the free head is over.  

Maybe? I thought I 'fixed' that with my apology later on. I think I even removed what I said because I saw my mistake. If that were the case, all these other people I keep talking to that got banned would be because of the same reason. As far as I know, they didn't mention the DCMA. Who knows at this point 😂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katt Dragoone said:

Maybe? I thought I 'fixed' that with my apology later on. I think I even removed what I said because I saw my mistake. If that were the case, all these other people I keep talking to that got banned would be because of the same reason. As far as I know, they didn't mention the DCMA. Who knows at this point 😂

Well, we only have so much control over people, places and things...CATWA just could be too busy right now to address your situation.  But, many things in SL could be able to be worked out...at least that's what I've seen in most cases.  Someone made a mistake.  They learned from their mistake.  The ban is over.  You get a second chance.  But, they might be too busy right now to deal with much of anything right now.   

• Like 1

Well, it's certainly a lovely head, but I don't think I'll be going into a pack-hunting frenzy over it. Especially since every fecker'll soon be using it by the sound of it. Got to be getting a bit Being John Malkovich in there by now.

WEBBEING JOHN MALKOVICH Pic 01.jpg

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Well, it's certainly a lovely head, but I don't think I'll be going into a pack-hunting frenzy over it. Especially since every fecker'll soon be using it by the sound of it. Got to be getting a bit Being John Malkovich in there by now.

I like the head too...but shapes are work...and I have a lot of work currently.  At least the skins don't look orange to me in the picture.  I had to adjust my monitor just recently and now I see a bit of pink in those skin tones.  My Monitor was turning skins far too orange...but now it's working great!  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

To clarify with some actual facts, which seem to be in short supply with some people: I started that other thread solely to let people know that Genus was unavailable for the time being. I made no commentary about the DMCA case, who might have filed, or anything other than the very basic announcement that was sent out by Genus advising that the issue existed.

You, on the other hand, turned it into a never-ending debate about wrong-headed interpretations of the law. The thread was fine until that nonsense started, and that is what you should be sorry about. 

And no, I will not debate this with you here. I know what a waste of time that becomes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To clarify with some actual facts, which seem to be in short supply with some people: I started that other thread solely to let people know that Genus was unavailable for the time being. I made no commentary about the DMCA case, who might have filed, or anything other than the very basic announcement that was sent out by Genus advising that the issue existed.

You, on the other hand, turned it into a never-ending debate about wrong-headed interpretations of the law. The thread was fine until that nonsense started, and that is what you should be sorry about. 

And no, I will not debate this with you here. I know what a waste of time that becomes. 

The DMCA thing was in your opening post from your OP.  And, it's not wrong-headed...that DMCA law is a mess and needs re-working as all parties need to be addressed and DMCA was written for software under U.S. jurisdiction and is for software companies and other companies who make bazillions of dollars.  The little people here with DMCA, as it is, are basically screwed which you seem to care nothing about period.  It's just seems to be all about Y O U.  And, you should have kept that in the Genus group as purchasers (victims) have no part in DMCA the way it is written.  So, there was no need to post that on the forum as nothing productive can come out of it for purchasers, even though you know everything according to your self only.   

I know what a waste of time it is to debate with you because your responses are rude and superior-like which is nauseating.

I mean you are so clueless about your behavior...the thread was taken down for naming and shaming and you know that darn well yet you choose to lie about it.  Okies....and oh brother.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Was away for a few days. And I still don't know what happened with Catwa. Did they offer a free head too, and somehow it backfired!? Honestly, I don't really need to know any more: the drama is getting a bit too much. :) I'll log in with a Catwa-wearing avi, and if I still have my head, I will simply call it the day. Thx, all. 👍

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

The DMCA thing was in your opening post from your OP.  And, it's not wrong-headed...that DMCA law is a mess and needs re-working as all parties need to be addressed and DMCA was written for software under U.S. jurisdiction and is for software companies and other companies who make bazillions of dollars.  The little people here with DMCA, as it is, are basically screwed which you seem to care nothing about period.  It's just seems to be all about Y O U.  And, you should have kept that in the Genus group as purchasers (victims) have no part in DMCA the way it is written.  So, there was no need to post that on the forum as nothing productive can come out of it for purchasers, even though you know everything according to your self only.   

I know what a waste of time it is to debate with you because your responses are rude and superior-like which is nauseating.

I mean you are so clueless about your behavior...the thread was taken down for naming and shaming and you know that darn well yet you choose to lie about it.  Okies....and oh brother.  

The thread was taken down at my request. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.