Kemono mods help plz I'm a beginer

Alexarosey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello  I am new to the creating world I'm a learning artist I'll try to explain the best I can so in secondlife  i use a edited skin i found but I'm not finding a kemono mod I need for my furry I've tried to research it on Google but it only gave me advanced tutorials on how to custom mod kemono I'd like to make and upload my own mod I'd like to make it myself is there any beginner tutorials out there step-by-step if so links? I like to use blender ❤😁

21 hours ago, Alexarosey said:

Hello  I am new to the creating world I'm a learning artist I'll try to explain the best I can so in secondlife  i use a edited skin i found but I'm not finding a kemono mod I need for my furry I've tried to research it on Google but it only gave me advanced tutorials on how to custom mod kemono I'd like to make and upload my own mod I'd like to make it myself is there any beginner tutorials out there step-by-step if so links? I like to use blender ❤😁

You need a developer kit to bring into blender so you can model your mod on top of it. I'd suggest to ask in their user group. 

Aside from that, learning how to model, uv with texturing and Rigging is a steep, very steep learning curve. Step by step tutorials, if any exist, are of no use if you don't learn the basics first. When you've built a solid foundation of those basics, the readily available tutorials start becoming of use. 

"but I just want to make an avatar/mod an existing avatar/make clothes..." is the first and foremost mistake any beginner could set theirselves into, because character design AND technical application of what is needed to make it work in ANY environment is one of the last topics covered in any 3d creation course because it's the most difficult thing to handle (right) even after the basics covered in the beginning of such course. 

So, don't get discouraged and start from the basics. 

• Sad 1

What kind of mod are you making?

Utilizator provides a mesh dummy/armature setup in a .blend file usually linked to inside his product notecards.

You need a basic understanding of mesh modelling to make a 3D mod. You could watch some of Blender Guru's beginner tutorials on YouTube to get an idea for how to 3d model in Blender.

You would then need to learn to rig your mesh model (a process that controls how the mesh moves with bones) which there are tutorials out there for.

I should warn you you are embarking on a big adventure, expect to encounter challenges, but I encourage you to persevere because once you learn these things you can make so much in SL it's a very valuable skill to have :)

Edited by Extrude Ragu
extra note

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.