Wrong link on Secondlife.com - Help - Resources for new users?

Luc Starsider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to find some easily digestible information to post in a reply to a question from a new user. Clicking the link mentioned in the title brought me to the 'Blogs - featured news' page. Not where I expected to get to. :O.

There has to be a better place to send new users to when they want to get their bearings? confused.gif Even the support page is better in my opinion.

- Luc -

/me is very close to giving up and go sit in a corner and stare at the walls for a bit.... 

I guess I must be broken again. :matte-motes-crying:

Unless I'm explaining things wrong.... Which is very possible. And also why I brought pictures this time. :)

This is what I see:

link.jpg

I was hovering my mouse pointer over the 'Go' link under 'Recources For New Users' when I made the screenshot. Note the link on the status bar. If you see something else, then I can only ask WTF is going on?????

BTW. The link you posted wants takes me to the login page before I can see it. (But that may be right, right?)

- Luc -

Oooh you may be onto something there. 147.gif

Firstly yes, that is the same thing I clicked the lil green Go in that dropdown box & it took me to the page I posted before, but I was logged in at the time & I was on one of the forum pages.

I just tested it while logged out and on the home page and then I get the same result as you. Also, if I am logged out and on the forum pages, the tabs don`t give the dropdown boxes at all, which seems a bit weird.

Woots Luc is not broken, we all are lol LMAO.gif

Thank GOD!!!

I felt I was banging my head against the wall there for a while. Even if it feels really good when I stop, I don't like doing that. :D

Yes, I noticed that there are no dropdowns on the forum pages. Although I only hought as far as 'Hmmm... Inconsistent...' Perhaps it should be added to the community user group meeting agenda, or maybe it belongs somewhere else?

- Luc -

good catch... I read this earlier and wasn't sure where you pointing at, and meant to ask =X

the problem seems to be that not only that the links point to different places when logged in or not, but also that the page linked when you are logged in is ONLY reachable if you are logged in... copying the address for it when logged out and pasting it into the browser pushes me through openID asking for me to log in... kinda silly for such a basic information page

Void Singer wrote:

good catch... I read this earlier and wasn't sure where you pointing at, and meant to ask =X

Hehe... That would be my mad explanation skills at work. loopey.gif.gif I should start providing pictures wherever possible.

Yes, it is confusing and inconsistent. It makes no sense for a new user, for sure, and is not what you'd expect.

I've added it to the community group meeting agenda for today. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.