Can't pay while cam shopping...anyone else??

Ciera Richez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've noticed lately - in the past month or so - that when I go to a "cam sim" to shop, I'm unable to pay for things. The Buy and Pay options are grayed out in the pie menu.

Why? If it's me, nothing in my settings should have changed, because I haven't changed anything.

Is anyone else having this issue? And is there anything I can do to fix it, or is it a bug??

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Have you tried a re-log?  Also, have you tried getting physically closer to the vendor?

Relogging does nothing. I have the same issue on other avatars, as well.

Also, when you're on a cam sim, there's only so close you can get. I was literally on the edge of the sim. I've never had this issue before while cam shopping, so I have no idea why I'm having it now.

Things have been loading a lot slower for me of late. Not just a texture issue (gray squares that come in) but more like a slow motion loading where you can watch the mesh and prims load a few at a time -- like when you are in a crowded and busy shopping area.  This could be in part the movement to the cloud, the aging of servers or more folks in SL lately. It could also be a general issue with the Internet and not SL dependent at all. There are lots more folks "on" these days. All the people on one form or another of lockdown.   I had Netflix pause a couple of times -- something that I hadn't seen since I upped my connection speed.  But yes, I too have had issues lately -- especially with scripted vendors.  Delivery can be extremely slow also --- like ten minutes. I can't remember that issue EVER (for me).  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.