How to get on waiting list for HOUSE BOAT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Tauriel, welcome to the forums!  There's only one way to get a Linden Home of any kind, and that is by choosing it on the land page.  The first 3 posts in this thread cover that very well. 

The rest of the thread mostly deals with how to get a new-style (Bellisseria) home when they are very scarce.  Eventually, you may wish to read through those posts, because right now we are in a situation where houseboats are rarely seen on the land page.  Maybe two or three times a day.  Right now, if I wanted a houseboat, I would drop by the land page whenever I could and do one set of 10 refreshes (after 10 you either have to wait 10 minutes to try again or relog to get another 10 tries).  Eventually you'll get lucky and see a houseboat come up, and then you must move QUICKLY to claim it, as there are a lot of other folks watching for houseboats just now.

As to the vacant boats you've seen, I bet that the parcels those boats are on are actually owned by someone.  Just because the parcel owner hasn't moved in yet (and many people leave their parcels empty for months or, seemingly, forever), does not mean the land isn't owned.  A parcel needs to be abandoned, in which case it will be owned by Governor Linden, before it can show up on the Land page.

At this moment, the only boats you'll see on the land page are ones that have been abandoned by other users.  That doesn't mean they are reject parcels - people abandon for many reasons.  Perhaps they can't afford for the avatar to be premium any more, or perhaps they've gotten bored and want to buy a chunk of mainland, or perhaps they have an alt who got an even "better" parcel, or perhaps they want to go try another type of home.  I'd say over half of the excellent parcels I've gotten have been abandons.

As to why there are no "new" houseboats available, LL has not built any new houseboat regions for several months.  They have said that at some point in the future they will build more houseboats.  None of us know when that will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tauriel Littlepaws said:

Houseboats are not offered right now.  I went to see them with a friend who knows someone who has one and there are a few vacant but there seems to be no way to get the houseboat.

Wonder how one would grab one?  

It really is pure luck. I gave up my houseboat that I had since August when the log homes came out at the beginning of April. It was a beautiful location, but I wanted to try for something else. Since then, I've managed to land several houseboats by just logging into the land page. I usually throw them back, because they don't compare to the first one I got. Today's was a keeper. You'll probably get a houseboat sooner than I did (3 months) even though there's only a few showing up on the land page. Good luck!

I was lucky and got a houseboat.  I was given a map location and went there.  I landed on the bottom of the ocean.  The land did have a houseboat on it but it wasn't the one I bought so I filed a ticket and added a file with the page showing the details.  I got one earlier, but I tried to go to the previous page and I lost it.  I kept refreshing the land page until another one appeared and it was one of the ones I really liked so it turned out well except I think the TP was the wrong location.  Thank you all for you kind responses.  Tauriel Littlepaws

• Like 1

The picture on the land page is a generic picture, not the exact houseboat you'll get. But the good news is you can change the houseboat to any of the available houseboat styles. The controller is a life ring for the boats I believe. That means you don't need to abandon and try again if you don't like the style. You just change it.

1 hour ago, Tauriel Littlepaws said:

I was lucky and got a houseboat.  I was given a map location and went there.  I landed on the bottom of the ocean.  The land did have a houseboat on it but it wasn't the one I bought so I filed a ticket and added a file with the page showing the details.  I got one earlier, but I tried to go to the previous page and I lost it.  I kept refreshing the land page until another one appeared and it was one of the ones I really liked so it turned out well except I think the TP was the wrong location.  Thank you all for you kind responses.  Tauriel Littlepaws

Go back to the parcel and find the life preserver at the edge of the houseboat on the pier. Click that and you can try 4 different styles.

4 hours ago, Tauriel Littlepaws said:

Everybody land on the bottom of the ocean by default. I just add to what the others have said - the life preserver is for style change and inside the door, it is another contoller on the wall where you can redecorate - change outside panel, deck, inside walls and paint details etc.

Lots of information here, you can scroll down this page and at the bottom, read that you can take a content creation pack from the home controller (life preserver) with a security system. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

Many does not know about this, so I thought I should add it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.