You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maaaan.  I am so tired of waffles.  Thinkin they are better than pancakes, what's up with that? Like..  Sure, you are crisp and golden with those delicious little square dips to hold syrup of any kind.

But.. Unless you're thin enough, I can't use it to roll around a sausage! 

Down with waffles. Pancake lyfe!  Pancakes are perfectly round spheres, they can be molded into other shapes and stay perfectly smooth like a bald man's freshly waxed head.

Change my mind.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lavaliere said:

Not the way I make em! Course.. Then it's more of a dutch baby, huh?

Ever had Dutch pancakes? They are larger than the American kind, rather neutral in flavor and can have either sweet or savory toppings (cheese pancakes are the BOMB!!!)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh, see, now this topic was going along just fine until the last two replies... shock at Lil, and horror at Gregorian!

I'll take my pancakes with a side of waffles. 

And bacon. 

How about.... bacon in both?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Ever had Dutch pancakes? They are larger than the American kind, rather neutral in flavor and can have either sweet or savory toppings (cheese pancakes are the BOMB!!!)

I can see how that would actually be good..  what kind of cheese, like cream cheese or something?  kinda like how a cheese danish is made?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lavaliere said:

How about.... bacon in both?

I've had bacon pancakes, and while they absolutely are delicious, I still prefer my bacon on the side. I like to dip it in the syrup. 

God, I really want pancakes now.

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh, see, now this topic was going along just fine until the last two replies... shock at Lil, and horror at Gregorian!

I'll take my pancakes with a side of waffles. 

And bacon. 

I'll just have the bacon.  More pancakes and waffles for you then.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lavaliere said:

I can see how that would actually be good..  what kind of cheese, like cream cheese or something?  kinda like how a cheese danish is made?

Just put the batter in the pan, add a few slices of Gouda (or Munster). I personally cover it up with more batter and then turn it over. However, most people add the cheese after they have turned the pancake over and let it melt before serving the pancake

• Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 2:04 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Just put the batter in the pan, add a few slices of Gouda (or Munster). I personally cover it up with more batter and then turn it over. However, most people add the cheese after they have turned the pancake over and let it melt before serving the pancake

Ahh.  Yeah.  Gonna try that when I get experimental in the kitchen again.  Thanks.

Me, honestly, I prefer pancakes with berries and cream...something about the cake can go smoothly up to the upper palette where our taste buds are.  Most of the time I prefer to eat foods that hit my upper palette and pancakes can do this far better than waffles unless the waffles are made into an ice cream cone and then it kind of swirls around our palette of taste buds.   And, my ancestry has both French and Polish in it, so potato pancakes with sour cream to hit the upper palette and crepes with berries and cream as well.  Cooked waffles with syrup too tough but then I never had a waffle maker so what do I know about waffles.  American pre-made waffles are very yucky though...home-made I never had them.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I saw this article today and immediately thought of some of your folks

Flipping enough tiny pancakes to make it worthwhile would be an absolute pain in the ass. Sometimes I think Food Beast is just trolling people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.