Love4ever90

What's your opinion on this guy i met?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Love4ever90 said:

I only been on SL two weeks almost, i must admit i did do a great job with my Avatar. Everywhere i went men and women complimented me. So i met a lot of men.  However most of them much older than myself.  I met one in particular.. he IMed me saying hi.. we chatted for a while honestly i thought he was a woman at first lol.  So I'm thinking I'm chatting with a nice lady.  I said let us meet face to face.  I seen it was a guy lol. So he said you are beautiful.  I said thank you.  He asked to dance,  i agreed.  We did light chatting. I asked why he decided to talk to me. He said i noticed you in the back not dancing,  all alone and that you were new. Lol i was just in my inventory teaching myself things lol.. anyway.  We talked more, he mentioned the beach, i said i yet to have proper beach clothes.  He said well its on me! I said wow really he said yes i really like you.  He spent over 8000Ls on me that day saying "don't be cheap babe get what you want" i was shocked.. so we went dancing at the beach talking and sharing things about each other. Nice guy.. so far.. takes me shopping everyday.. with no limit.. im new so i have no clue what to buy. Anyway the third day of us talking, he said ill do anything to make u happy we are a couple.  Im like (already) in just three days.. i said ehh what the heck i enjoy his company and who is so far. Sooo lol i guess ill see what happens. He allowed me access to his house and had been a Gentleman so far.  What's your guys opinion?

My opinion, he sounds generous but tread carefully and get to know him before you get in deep as a couple.  There is so much to learn and so many people to meet.  Also be careful about sharing any real life information 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Love4ever90 said:

I only been on SL two weeks almost, i must admit i did do a great job with my Avatar. Everywhere i went men and women complimented me. So i met a lot of men.  However most of them much older than myself.  I met one in particular.. he IMed me saying hi.. we chatted for a while honestly i thought he was a woman at first lol.  So I'm thinking I'm chatting with a nice lady.  I said let us meet face to face.  I seen it was a guy lol. So he said you are beautiful.  I said thank you.  He asked to dance,  i agreed.  We did light chatting. I asked why he decided to talk to me. He said i noticed you in the back not dancing,  all alone and that you were new. Lol i was just in my inventory teaching myself things lol.. anyway.  We talked more, he mentioned the beach, i said i yet to have proper beach clothes.  He said well its on me! I said wow really he said yes i really like you.  He spent over 8000Ls on me that day saying "don't be cheap babe get what you want" i was shocked.. so we went dancing at the beach talking and sharing things about each other. Nice guy.. so far.. takes me shopping everyday.. with no limit.. im new so i have no clue what to buy. Anyway the third day of us talking, he said ill do anything to make u happy we are a couple.  Im like (already) in just three days.. i said ehh what the heck i enjoy his company and who is so far. Sooo lol i guess ill see what happens. He allowed me access to his house and had been a Gentleman so far.  What's your guys opinion?

Welcome to Second Life forums.

Be very wary of anybody who is so very attentive and generous, in real or second life.  

He might be the nicest guy in the world, but I have jingle jangle warning bells, as obviously you do to have asked for advice on the forums.  

Please ensure you meet as many people as you can, especially in these early days of being in Second Life, because otherwise you will become co-dependent on this "nice guy", and if he turns out to have just been grooming you, and turns nasty, it will completely ruin your experience of Second Life.

Also, if you do go and meet other people, you will see the nice guy's response.  If he shows any sign of possessing you, then run ... run as fast and as far away from him as possible (or block/mute and move on).

Also, he may just be love bombing you currently.  He may have a string of other ladies, and you may find after a couple of weeks initial devotion and attention, he will put you aside and you will wonder what the heck you did wrong.

Just please be aware of all the possibilities and err on the side of caution. As Cindy already said, be careful about giving anyone real life information. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Love4ever90 said:

[...] He spent over 8000Ls on me that day saying "don't be cheap babe get what you want" [...]

Name? Asking for a friend.

P.S: kidding. No naming in here, it’s against the forum rules, even for such bargains.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

He's going to want something soon for all the money he's spending.  If not, then you found a good guy. Probably the only one left in SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

My opinion is that there's been a run on new-ish accounts telling stories in the forums for our entertainment. It's like tuning into a wee condensed soap opera every day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I need to create a female alt and stand around in the back too..  (joke).  Enjoy your time with him and always be careful what info you tell him or anyone.  Also don’t tell anyone his name.  Keep that to yourself.  All you need is a bunch of mooks ruining it for you

Edited by ballparkdogg
Thought of more
  • Like 2

There are guys who will spend L$ on you and never ask for anything you can't give them in SL. For me I won't let anyone from here into my first life. That is the only way you can be in real danger. I would just enjoy it while it lasts. He may very well move on to someone else eventually. Especially if he is hoping the relationship eventually goes places you won't let it go.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

My opinion is that there's been a run on new-ish accounts telling stories in the forums for our entertainment. It's like tuning into a wee condensed soap opera every day.

The people described in the first post exist, even if this particular story was made up.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:31 AM, KateaSL said:

He's going to want something soon for all the money he's spending.  If not, then you found a good guy. Probably the only one left in SL.

Wait. Is it bad to expect something for spending money on someone?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Wait. Is it bad to expect something for spending money on someone?

All depends

• Like 2

I had a similar interaction when I first came to the grid. Generous people do exist on the grid, but they're fairly rare. As others have said, though, tread carefully.

Posted (edited)

Tread carefully, i have been in the same situation and just how i got the attention and the nice things quickly, he took at all away just as fast. Enjoy it while is lasts and try to keep some of the lindens just in case ***** hits the fan

Edited by milania15

Posted (edited)

I think its fine he being a bit generous but it seems he is rushing a bit  saying your already a couple in three days.

But when its been three days all of sudden he flashing coins and saying don't be cheap but in the reality of this all he trying to get you in his trap get all fixed to mesh up then he will bait you try to manipulate you to more then his true colors come out like narcissistic.  Any guy that says your couple in three days then offers you to come to their place he passioning  you up I am not sure what he is in to but some these guys that do this try to turn women in to like a Barbie  doll for them do what they want bring up they done all this stuff for them you have to do something in return.  Good guy would take the time to get to know you its fine if they want to cherish you but not force a relashionship right away. It takes weeks months to fully build a relashionship not going to happen over night.  It seems he his doing all the talking like saying since we are a couple but really he not letting you have a say really this not good. Someone can not force a relashionship on you because you also need to see if their mental and attraction and a spark with chemistry not all pixel bumping.  They need to be emotionally invested and show it not just buy things to keep you around but the little things that don't cost anything the feeling with balance and trust and bond.  Relationship needs bond and trust with balance and communication or its nothing.  Pixel bumping is the last thing you need to do things more go dance go hiking or whatever the days go by.  Their are plenty of of free things in sl to start out with you don't need a man to force you to be with him one thing is this learning experience but its up to you its your Sl but I would put your foot down set your boundaries say its nice all but this going way to fast for me I only know you three days that I not looking to rush I am just enjoying sl I just got here.  If he gets mad because you have standards then best thing to do walk away.  Your gut feeling will tell the truth please use it.

For good starter things.

Helping Haven

Free Dove

..Virtue..  has gifts and stuff upstairs.

Dressed by Lexi

New Resident Island

~ Waves ~  Newbie Center ~

AYUDA VIRTUAL

AJUDA SL BRASIL - Voluntarios

THIRD LIFE [ Frees, Gifts & Hunts ]

The Stay at Home Club

{Shop Q U E E N 'Z}

Ballade & Poeme

Fabulously Free in SL

SL frees & offers

3129d8b9f6f478f34f6458a233d341a3.jpg

Edited by Vanoralynna
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanoralynna said:

3129d8b9f6f478f34f6458a233d341a3.jpg

LOL@ the thought of anyone on SL looking like or attracting anyone who looks like that.

L$8000 will set you back £30. Let's keep this in perspective here. It's entirely plausible that this was either a no-strings-attached gift, or that seeing you so happy was all the 'reward' this guy was after.

Not everyone you meet on the internet is a psycho or groomer. On the other hand, literally everyone you meet on the internet could be a psycho or groomer. I don't see any reason to be more suspicious or more wary of this guy than anyone else you meet online... as you should be protecting your RL and any sensitive information as a matter of habit, not exception.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 1:27 AM, SkylabPatel said:

LOL@ the thought of anyone on SL looking like or attracting anyone who looks like that.

Little bit of a resemblance maybe?  Similar jawline...a little bit similar hair.  This is not a shape I made because of this picture...this IS a shape I was already currently working on.  I took this picture of my avatar as I was just taking a picture of her profile to get a different perspective of the profile and I didn't use any diffuse lighting which might have made my current avatar I'm working on look more realistic.   I sometimes wonder about the future and just how human avatars may look one day.  I think my avatars looks a little bit like cool robots.

As far as the OP, they took out their opening post.  I would not take money from someone I didn't know but I was asked my second day of Second Life by an avatar who not only asked me to marry him but also he said he would take me shopping and buy me whatever I wanted.  He took me to his castle and showed me his ponds and land.  We never went shopping because I hesitated...I would have felt uncomfortable with it.  After about two hours we both logged off as it was kind of late in the evening but I never saw him again.  I would not have gone to the store with him though.  Why?  Just not comfortable about it.  But, I don't think anything in particular about him because I cannot mind read to know any particular motives.  But what do I think about him and the money:  I'd say it's his money, if you're comfortable, do it, but don't give out personal info as said in this thread.  

Snapshot_985 22 33.png

aapic.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette

Don’t overanalyze it.   Have fun.  Be careful.  Some dude wants to buy my way thru Sl.  I wouldnt have any issues with it.    I am a roleplayer at heart.  I can be whatever he wants

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 3:27 AM, SkylabPatel said:

The quote was about the words as advice wise take it or leave it.  Not the  look of the women I mean its how you carry yourself its just a quote a women being free someone that can understand her and respects her. I did  not come here to judge anyone on looks I look in the soul and read it and the aura leaks through. The women in the photo is about all women not to compare on looks we all come in many forms you are self what makes you unique.  Society is one thing thing pressure people how they should look. Some people do try to force person they should be molded in to what they want this is wrong you take the person for who they are if they want to change for them self. 

I had a guy once act all nice then tell me I should change my shape and hair and he had a shape notecard I told him no so I am saying please becareful not saying all guys are bad but know one should force you or try to change you.

Edited by Christina Mysterious