Item spamming my inventory

Laurie Adamczyk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hallo everyone! - but especially SL experts who can actually help with this topic! 

Since Feb, 2008 my inventory has been reporting this problem: every now and then my avatar would receive a "New Pant" item, wearing it at log in.

Basically, a "New Pant" is randomly created while I'm offline, it appears in "Lost and Found" folder, and it is worn on my avatar while offline. 

It does not happen every time I log inWorld, but it is somehow annoying and I've decided to take action.

I've found no issue like that posted in any of the recently opened Forums, so hopefully this topic will have some followings. 

How can I do to remove this spamming pajama from my avatar? Does anybody else has the same issue?

mp3PnpW5YBZjdzObtxn9DxkDVkEkyjWkPzlcvkN-

Clicking on the link below, you'll see how my avatar appears with those nasty white panties on!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L02kFfwrAdg6gM09Dw22Frw2ABmE2CGq

You are wearing a clothing item that no longer exists - or can't be found - in the database. What then happens is that the system creates a 'new [system clothing item]' wearable in an attempt to replace the item. This can happen with very very old system layers, or when SL is experiencing technical issues. I had the exact same thing happen during an SL hiccup last week, when about 15 'new shirts' were created in my Lost & Found because of issues that meant no system items were loading.

To check this, I would suggest completely changing your avatar, especially all system items you're wearing. The new pants could be replacing anything, not just a pants system layer. Start by just changing any system clothing you're wearing. Try to put on newer stuff and not really old things that may have been created a long time ago. See how you get on with that for a few days.

If the problem persists after doing that then make a new shape, copy across the slider numbers from your original shape and wear that new shape, wear a different system skin, system eyes, etc. Assuming you're wearing a mesh head and body (and not using Bakes on Mesh to 'bake' those system layers onto your mesh body parts) then it won't matter what you're wearing underneath.

Try doing the above for a week - a fully different avatar - and see if the new pants item keeps recreating itself. If you've changed every single item then it shouldn't do, and you'll be able to check which item is causing the problem by adding each of your older items one at a time, waiting for a while and seeing if the 'new pants' appear after you've worn that item.

If the above suggestions don't fix the issue then I suggest putting in a support ticket to Linden Lab. They can take a look at your avatar and its inventory and find out what's causing it.

ETA: Since you say this is only happening intermittently, it's most likely a clothing object rather than your shape, and it's probably included only in certain outfits that you're wearing, so another thing to try is to look at which outfit(s) you're wearing when the issue occurs. Note that the item being replaced will not be shown in the 'worn' tab of your inventory, so you'll need to check your Outfits folder instead to see what's not showing as worn.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

You are wearing a clothing item that no longer exists - or can't be found - in the database. What then happens is that the system creates a 'new [system clothing item]' wearable in an attempt to replace the item. This can happen with very very old system layers, or when SL is experiencing technical issues. I had the exact same thing happen during an SL hiccup last week, when about 15 'new shirts' were created in my Lost & Found because of issues that meant no system items were loading.

I just saw a headsup in one of my groups that this issue is happening again today. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.