Ianto Ghost

Menswear for Slink… less new stuff available?

Looking round inWorld and on MP for new outfits I get the impression that creators are delivering ranges for male residents without Slink versions. Is this a conscious decision on the part of designers? Am I going to find it increasingly difficult to access outfits for a body I have worked on over the years?

Any thoughts?

Ianto G

I only shop for fairly niche styles on my male alt but I'm finding the designers who make that no longer support Slink. I'd much rather use that body but he's pretty much stuck to older clothes now if I am to use it. I believe it is the same case for mainstream men's clothing too, many designers dropping support for Slink. The only thing to do is look for slightly older clothing releases, there is still a lot to buy, just not all the brand new stuff at events.

• Like 1

Men's wear for all but one or two bodies is virtually impossible to find regardless. 

I've been encouraging the few places I find to make more for my body. Some enjoy the feedback. Some don't care. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like the slink male body.  It actually resembles a real body.

it seems they mostly make clothes for those burly-men monster-looking 'manly' beast bodies I hate so much in real life and second life.  sad. 

There doesn't seem to be enough decent clothing for men in SL period, but the fact that men don't shop a lot is likely a disincentive to creators of menswear.  I think that is why so many men walk around looking like monster man or channeling Mr Ruth.  Not sure what the solution is, but my RL hubby is in SL and finding him a masculine but non-aggressive look that both he and I enjoy has been a trial. 

This goes double for men of color, btw. 

I don't know any 9 foot tall men who are 5 feet wide with 2 foot equipment.  I don't want to.  

Edit: seriously though, if you look carefully, you can find Slink clothing and a lot of 5 sized mesh also fits OK, partly b/c a lot of men's clothing is usually symmetrical and covers blocks of their bodies, so it's easier to alpha things out than with female clothing.  Slink may not be supported enough, but it is still supported a fair amount.

Edited by DeepBlueJoy