Menswear for Slink… less new stuff available?

Ianto Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking round inWorld and on MP for new outfits I get the impression that creators are delivering ranges for male residents without Slink versions. Is this a conscious decision on the part of designers? Am I going to find it increasingly difficult to access outfits for a body I have worked on over the years?

Any thoughts?

Ianto G

• Like 2

I only shop for fairly niche styles on my male alt but I'm finding the designers who make that no longer support Slink. I'd much rather use that body but he's pretty much stuck to older clothes now if I am to use it. I believe it is the same case for mainstream men's clothing too, many designers dropping support for Slink. The only thing to do is look for slightly older clothing releases, there is still a lot to buy, just not all the brand new stuff at events.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the slink male body.  It actually resembles a real body.

it seems they mostly make clothes for those burly-men monster-looking 'manly' beast bodies I hate so much in real life and second life.  sad. 

There doesn't seem to be enough decent clothing for men in SL period, but the fact that men don't shop a lot is likely a disincentive to creators of menswear.  I think that is why so many men walk around looking like monster man or channeling Mr Ruth.  Not sure what the solution is, but my RL hubby is in SL and finding him a masculine but non-aggressive look that both he and I enjoy has been a trial. 

This goes double for men of color, btw. 

I don't know any 9 foot tall men who are 5 feet wide with 2 foot equipment.  I don't want to.  

Edit: seriously though, if you look carefully, you can find Slink clothing and a lot of 5 sized mesh also fits OK, partly b/c a lot of men's clothing is usually symmetrical and covers blocks of their bodies, so it's easier to alpha things out than with female clothing.  Slink may not be supported enough, but it is still supported a fair amount.

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 2:15 AM, Paul Hexem said:

Men's wear for all but one or two bodies is virtually impossible to find regardless.

I had an Adam body I was using for the longest time, and recently have been surprised how much more I've found that works with the "big two" as well as Adam and SLink. I think the key is shopping at some of the bigger/more well known stores.Many of the ones I've been to over the last week support SLink, Adam, and even TMP in some cases.

• 4 weeks later...

It can be frustrating when looking at new releases only to realize that the creator doesn't offer clothing to fit one's body. Slink is well established, having been available for years now. One would think that it should get support from clothing mesh makers, but I have also found an apparent decrease in releases that fit Slink male. That being said, I've got a lot of clothing already from Lapointe & Bastchild, Legal Insanity, FashioNatic, and many others. I still buy items from Gild and PFC, for example, that fit Slink even though they no longer make new clothes for the body. There is a lot to choose from already, but I feel your concern.

There are still  a lot of OLDER and still good clothing for Slink but the many to most of the original creators are no longer supporting that fit and haven't been for a couple of years now.  There is only so much energy people want to put into their clothing, so just like NOW (for women) Lara and Legacy are the two most supported brands, other fits for male have taken the lead.  So there are really only a couple of choices -- stay with the limited selection of Slink garments for men (note that Slink for women is now very hard to find in original creator wear too) or move to a well-supported body.  

Or of course just stick with the clothing you have :D.

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

seeing the old same, same on nearly every event/store, its not even worth the efford to replace most relatively "old" clothes. i been shopping and hunting events for years, but didn't buy for even L$1000 new stuff in more than a year.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, Chic Aeon said:

There are still  a lot of OLDER and still good clothing for Slink but the many to most of the original creators are no longer supporting that fit and haven't been for a couple of years now.  There is only so much energy people want to put into their clothing, so just like NOW (for women) Lara and Legacy are the two most supported brands, other fits for male have taken the lead.  So there are really only a couple of choices -- stay with the limited selection of Slink garments for men (note that Slink for women is now very hard to find in original creator wear too) or move to a well-supported body.  

You mean move to a body that you hate, that you think looks monstrois like most of the "well supported" fugly he brute bodies? YUCK. No way.

2 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

You mean move to a body that you hate, that you think looks monstrois like most of the "well supported" fugly he brute bodies? YUCK. No way.

I clearly said choice. You have made yours it seems. That may not be the choice of others :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.