Jump to content

Men wear


DMTLC
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Keep an eye on the curated Flickr gallery for Legacy male clothing. That will be your best bet for finding clothing rigged to it. Other than that, just visit each of the monthly menswear events in SL and look at the logos on each ad board to see which bodies each item is rigged for. The current main male events are The Men's Department, Men Only Monthly, Man Cave, and The Men & Women Jail, as well as the Manly Weekend sales every Saturday and Sunday. You can find galleries for all the events at these events on Seraphim's Just For Men page. (Note that Manly Weekend expects you to join their group in order to find out the teleport links for the items, which I'll admit I find very annoying, especially as I have no groups free.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

(Note that Manly Weekend expects you to join their group in order to find out the teleport links for the items, which I'll admit I find very annoying, especially as I have no groups free.)

Their web site does have a page of all participating stores with teleport links http://manlysl.com/index.php/the-participating-designers/ but they don't list store names on their galleries and not all stores put their name or easily identifiable logo on their image so i spent way too much time trying to work out where a nice decor item last week was from

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Their web site does have a page of all participating stores with teleport links http://manlysl.com/index.php/the-participating-designers/ but they don't list store names on their galleries and not all stores put their name or easily identifiable logo on their image so i spent way too much time trying to work out where a nice decor item last week was from

Indeed. I've done the same thing: checking Marketplace and scouring Flickr to try and find out the creator of a specific thing that I like. I'm maxed on groups (the full premium 70 total) and really don't have any now that I'm willing to drop - even temporarily - just to get a notecard every week. If they don't want my money, then that's on them, but it bugs the life out of me when I see something on their gallery that I do want, and I have to spend ages sleuthing out who made it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Indeed. I've done the same thing: checking Marketplace and scouring Flickr to try and find out the creator of a specific thing that I like. I'm maxed on groups (the full premium 70 total) and really don't have any now that I'm willing to drop - even temporarily - just to get a notecard every week. If they don't want my money, then that's on them, but it bugs the life out of me when I see something on their gallery that I do want, and I have to spend ages sleuthing out who made it.

I've got an alt just for the little used groups I don't need every day.  Her notices go to my email so she's kind of a like a postal carrier.  I should get her a uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Indeed. I've done the same thing: checking Marketplace and scouring Flickr to try and find out the creator of a specific thing that I like. I'm maxed on groups (the full premium 70 total) and really don't have any now that I'm willing to drop - even temporarily - just to get a notecard every week. If they don't want my money, then that's on them, but it bugs the life out of me when I see something on their gallery that I do want, and I have to spend ages sleuthing out who made it.

Naria Panthar & Timm Novak do a "manly weekend" YouTube video every Saturday. They go through the list (naming the stores) showing what items are on it that week and later they TP around and try some of them on. You might be a little busy to sit through it I dunno, but you can at least find the store name for an item that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am one of those came back due to COVID boredom folks. 

One of the challenges I have found, and it sounds like you are as well, is finding decent stuff cheap. Women AVs have it easy: the fabfree blog has tons of free stuff posted daily; there are plenty of lucky chairs and groups gifts for women.

I haven't found anything similar for men. Also, a lot of the stuff is for the signature bodies, and, as you're finding, not as much for TMP.

I ended up shelling out for the Gianni body. Maybe with the old Legacy body being free we will start seeing more stuff for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...