Jump to content

Floating Object Above Linden Homes


Valerie Volare
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Valerie Volare said:

There is a giant obscene object floating in the air above a linden home in the Butano region and is very clearly visible from my linden home.

Assuming the item is higher than 15 meters above ground and lower than 2000m:   Fly over to the item, so that you are on the same parcel.  Click the Help menu and Report Abuse.  Click the box in the window and then click the offending object.  Select the Littering reason - can't remember the wording.  Then put in a Subject of "Linden Homes Covenant Violation".  Then in the description, state that this is a Linden Home region and the object is in the no-rez zone above the home and under 2000m.  Then submit it.

Edit -- Also, remove the region name.  Too easy to find things and that results in Name & Shame here on the forums.

Edit -- Given your description and Beth's comments, a better category would be the one about Obscene things in a region where the rating doesn't allow it - can't remember exactly how that is worded.  And the height does not matter if it is obscene and out in public.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

B****o is an older Linden home region I would definitely AR what's there quick look showed a giant phallic object it's against the older Linden home covenant regardless of what it is. I believe sky structures have never been allowed there either so you have another neighbour contravening the covenant if you look from 8000m going down of the obscene object area

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

ARs dont work. I've been ARing a dock since Christmas.

I've had luck with some, but not all.  It seems to be kind of hit or miss, even with the things that are not even subjective.  I still AR though and if it is in my daily view, I'll continue to AR it every few days.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

ARs dont work. I've been ARing a dock since Christmas.

Priorities. An obscene object will get attended to more quickly than a presumably inoffensive dock. 

I can assure you that ARs do work. They just may not work as quickly as YOU think they should. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Priorities. An obscene object will get attended to more quickly than a presumably inoffensive dock. 

I can assure you that ARs do work. They just may not work as quickly as YOU think they should. 

Not always... I ultimately ended up giving up a really great houseboat in Maple Cross because my neighbor had set up a really lag heavy temp rezzer that was rezzing out his entire living room every few seconds... I ARed it probably close to 15 times over a period or 3 or 4 months... My ARs were incredibly detailed including photos of the list of scripts and objects contained in the temp rezzer... I had other people AR it... I ARed it with alts... It has been over 4 months since I did all those ARs and the dude still has a temp rezzer spamming the region mercilessly.  With that said I have seen ARs acted upon very quickly while others completely ignored.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given all the posts that we get here in the forums discussing ARs that appear to be ignored or not gotten to yet or whatever, combined with LL telling us that the Covenant is important, but it takes LL a while to get around to those since they are lower priority, I'd say that LL really, really needs a few more folks on their Governance team.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Not always... I ultimately ended up giving up a really great houseboat in Maple Cross because my neighbor had set up a really lag heavy temp rezzer that was rezzing out his entire living room every few seconds... I ARed it probably close to 15 times over a period or 3 or 4 months... My ARs were incredibly detailed including photos of the list of scripts and objects contained in the temp rezzer... I had other people AR it... I ARed it with alts... It has been over 4 months since I did all those ARs and the dude still has a temp rezzer spamming the region mercilessly.  With that said I have seen ARs acted upon very quickly while others completely ignored.

I did not say they ALWAYS work. I was replying to a post that flat stated that they do not work. It's simply not true to say that they NEVER work.

I imagine that the Governance team would love to have some extra hands. There are only so many hours in a day, and when you consider how many ARs get filed (you have to include the nonsense ones filed just to be a tattletale, report of things that aren't infractions, etc.), I think they do a pretty good job. It must be a TON of work checking all those complaints out. 

(I could also add to my previous comment that perhaps the dock being reported was reviewed and deemed to be OK by Governance....)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, Evangeline Ling said:

Not always... I ultimately ended up giving up a really great houseboat in Maple Cross because my neighbor had set up a really lag heavy temp rezzer that was rezzing out his entire living room every few seconds... I ARed it probably close to 15 times over a period or 3 or 4 months... My ARs were incredibly detailed including photos of the list of scripts and objects contained in the temp rezzer... I had other people AR it... I ARed it with alts... It has been over 4 months since I did all those ARs and the dude still has a temp rezzer spamming the region mercilessly.  With that said I have seen ARs acted upon very quickly while others completely ignored.

Evangeline, I've filed a few AR or contacted support via chat, and LL have always taken care of them; the massive towers  in the tower or the dynamite effects dissappeared. We are many many residents, and I guess sometimes it takes time or maybe some cases don't reach the right team.

If, by what you mention in your posts, someone is spamming the whole region, try opening a case or contacting via chat. I do hope you get a reply 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Evangeline, I've filed a few AR or contacted support via chat, and LL have always taken care of them; the massive towers  in the tower or the dynamite effects dissappeared. We are many many residents, and I guess sometimes it takes time or maybe some cases don't reach the right team.

If, by what you mention in your posts, someone is spamming the whole region, try opening a case or contacting via chat. I do hope you get a reply 

Well i have not had a vested interest in that region since I left it in December.  But honestly a series of ARs over a period of months should have eventually led to some sort of action.  For curiosity i may swing over there tonight and see if the temp rezzer is still out there.  I just remember the massive rubber banding walking on the deck of my houseboat being right next to his.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Well i have not had a vested interest in that region since I left it in December.  But honestly a series of ARs over a period of months should have eventually led to some sort of action.  For curiosity i may swing over there tonight and see if the temp rezzer is still out there.  I just remember the massive rubber banding walking on the deck of my houseboat being right next to his.

 

I agree with Elena's suggestion. If it is something that needs quick attention (not just an ugly build, but something affecting region resources), I would absolutely contact Live Chat and ask the Linden I speak with to come have a look, rather than file an AR that will then go into a queue to be addressed in due time. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m surprised at how effective live chat is in resolving issues. There was a snow covered Linden winter cabin near my camper this week. I told Vix Linden it would be low priority, considering how busy the Moles and Lindens are. He passed the info on to the Moles. The snow was gone the next day. Yay for live chat! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I’m surprised at how effective live chat is in resolving issues. There was a snow covered Linden winter cabin near my camper this week. I told Vix Linden it would be low priority, considering how busy the Moles and Lindens are. He passed the info on to the Moles. The snow was gone the next day. Yay for live chat! 

Agreed! Live Chat is the best, and I have always gotten excellent service going that route. Even if my problem is not resolved the second I contact them, it does get resolved ASAP. Live Chat is a perk available to Premium users, but it seems sometimes people forget it exists. 

(Special shout out to @Dottie Linden, who rocks!)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, Milk Pixelmaid said:

ARs dont work. I've been ARing a dock since Christmas.

AR's do work. Someone rezzed a fridge and other stuff in the garden and let it there for days. I saw a Linden go to the land and he send it all back to the owner. :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Agreed! Live Chat is the best, and I have always gotten excellent service going that route. Even if my problem is not resolved the second I contact them, it does get resolved ASAP. Live Chat is a perk available to Premium users, but it seems sometimes people forget it exists. 

(Special shout out to @Dottie Linden, who rocks!)

Alright... I don't live there anymore but took a trip back to my old region and sure enough that thing is churning out temp rez spam over and over... Decided to give live chat a shot and i did talk to Dottie who had me AR it again and she is going to have Governance look into it.

I hope it at least helps the person who got my home when i abandoned it last year.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...