Object won't go down against land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an odd issue, and I hope someone knows how to solve it.  I rezzed an object directly onto land, but it floats about 0.2 meters above the land.  I can't get it to go down and rest on the land surface.  I've tried several places, including a LL sandbox.  I can rez it on another object, and it will move into that object just fine.  It is not set to physical.  I'm stumped.  And ideas?

Is the thing mesh? Could the bounding box be different than what you see? SL won't let you place things with their tops much  below ground level, probably to avoid people losing stuff underground. You can see the bounding boxes via Developer Menu->Render Metadata->Bounding Box. That might give you a clue.

If an object is a prim with a path cut, rezzing it with the cut away part at its base will place it as if the cut away part is still there. But that doesn't explain why it seems to rez as expected on top of another object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.