Blender to SL Problem

PearlTingz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , I made an earring for the first time in blender added color & metallic to it but in SecondLife i uploaded it and it only shows the colors no metallic what so ever.

Am i doing something wrong? it's also not showing the flatness right of the heart thats pictures below can someone help me out plz 🙂 
Thanks

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8e68df439a80c78e418828ad6bb5d229.png

SL won't render things the same as Blender. You can't really export the material properties for use in SL.

Also, the reason why the model looks different in SL is because SL has a minimum size requirement of 0.01 meters for the bounding box of the model but your earring is even slimmer than that. You can fix it by adding a simple box or a couple triangles to the model to make it seem wider. Triangles are simpler since you can scale them to be so small they won't show up while selecting the object.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, desertputa said:

Hello , I made an earring for the first time in blender added color & metallic to it but in SecondLife i uploaded it and it only shows the colors no metallic what so ever.

Am i doing something wrong? it's also not showing the flatness right of the heart thats pictures below can someone help me out plz 🙂 
Thanks

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8e68df439a80c78e418828ad6bb5d229.png

You CAN get an almost perfect Blender to SL look by using Cycles Rendering so you might want to check into that. I made a set of tutorials but they are for 2.79 so they could easily confuse you. You need to BAKE your materials into a texture and then export the texture and add that texture to the model.   

Also good things to note when new --- you likely want to use "smooth" rather the "flat" on your heart so you don't see all the individual quadrilaterals and you DO want to "join" your model together before exporting (much of the time anyway and certainly for your earring).  That gives you a larger cohesive model to import with less resizing (as mentioned above).  When you upload your earring be sure and TEST to see if it can still be viewed from a reasonable distance --- that is oftentimes a problem for new jewelry makers.  I suggest setting your LOD level to 2 which is the default in Firestorm -- the most popular viewer.

Good luck and have fun. Making jewelry can be VERY creative!!!! 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.