Your Second Life Story Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ciao ho conosciuto la seconda vita grazie a una competizione italiana 11 anni fa e non sono più andata via ho incontrato l'uomo che è diventato mio marito mi diverto molto e sono una grande compagnia che amo creare di recente ho iniziato a creare fantasiosi corpi in rete

• Like 3

I had played a PC game called Myst...and somehow thought, ( quite mistakenly) that SL would feel like an unlimited version of Myst!

I logged in 2008, and this is my original avie. Like many of us, I wondered what made me pick that name, but I have grown into who Lenni became. Like another writer said, if I hear my avie's name called out in RL public, I look! She is the cute tomboy version of my female me.

I met a friendly avatar named Hippie Bowman, found me on Help Island, on my second day, and he took me home with him. He showed me how to ice skate, and I got it , finally, but then wore the ice skates for a week,  he had not told me how to take them off! Hippie is a huge part of Second Life now. Running an amazing sim, and also having created HippieStock!  The gathering of the year in SL. I was blessed to meet Hip, or I don't think I would have made it. SL is hard technically, especially back then, and I became proud of being about to actually do it. My emotional side, was hooked, so I had to wrap my head around the tools, and make it work.

I went exploring, and met a fairy kinda winged girl named Misty Rhodes.  I was accidently hovering over her house looking for another destination in the guide, and she asked  "Can I help you"?

Boy did my life change! She knew everything, I mean she had SL figured out! And so warm, and open and helpful. We friended and ran off into the abyss together, night after night. She taught me how to voice chat with her and I loved her rich New York accent.The places she showed me I had never seen before, and seemed it was all in construction.. she was working on so much for the community. Events and things I had no idea happened. I was inspired by her. ... one night, after having run around all day with her, I asked about her real life, and how she had time to do this much in SL? Whats was her RL job?

(Odd how it takes like months in SL with friends, to ever really wonder about that, with so much to do, it often feels irrelevant) 

But She said..." I can't tell you my real life job ok? I just can't...."   " against the rules"  .... but she could just feel what I was thinking..

She must be a prostitute, or a mama who runs a whore house, or maybe a drug dealer in RL?  my mind raced...

She felt my tension and said,  "ok ok"  and then rezzed in as Mia Linden...oops!!  I had like no idea in the world she was a LInden, and she knew it! She laughed at me for a long time, and told me never to tell anyone she was Linden, cuz she wanted her avie Misty to have another life. I understood that. I guess I was pretty dense not to figure it out...Talk about a great friend, we went to 2 SLCC conventions together and met in person, and remain close in RL to this day.

The friends I have met in SL, from all over the globe are so important to me. To have a conversation with a group of people from 6 different countries at the same time, is amazing. SL offers an immersion with others, that I can't describe well, from the hysterical laughter, to the tears. It's an important platform I will never leave.

• Like 5

In 2007, I discovered SecondLife (SL) from watching a TV documentary on how modern day online relationships are evolving into Real Life (RL) relationships and they used SL as an example for this one hour special.  When it was over, I went on line about 9 pm and downloaded the program.... the next thing I knew it was 3 am and I was hopelessly, happily addicted.

My first 3 weeks in SL was class mania..... During that time I went to:
46 building classes, 
15 scripting classes, 
3 external graphics programs classes, 
2 animations classes, 
2 clothes classes, 
3 SL system and behavioral classes and 
possibly 2 or 3 more that I just can't remember right now... but definitely a well rounded understanding of things that make SL what it is.  My RL experiences in IT Systems Analysis, Programming, and Electronic Engineering made SL classes easy for me to pick up and understand.

I was in a class that was teaching us how to make a caterpillar smoking a hookah on a mushroom.  While I was doing the build, I got a chat message from a guy named Hempz,  and wanted to know if I was interested in teaching a class myself at different school where he was also a teacher...  I said sure, and soon became a teacher with a SL school called "TUi"...
I was now "DeadheadDMT Infinity - TEACHER" and the story begins.

My classes were/are immersive and my Holodeck Emitter System (HES) class was so popular it would fill up the available 16 seats in only 30 seconds after the class opening was announced.  I had to lower invisible walls down when the class was full to keep the others from crowding the room.  Some of them had been waiting in the school lobby an hour before the class location was revealed.  I felt like a Rock Star.  I have a number of classes that are successful as well, but the HES class definitely is the crowd favorite.  TUi eventually collasped and I moved on to a school called "ICE" ...  It too eventually collapsed and now I have my own "DMT University".

Also in SL, I developed my musical personae "Mr. Psychedelic" and I have the pleasure of holding the SL record for the most cover songs played by any individual or group performer.  I have played over 650 different songs while in concert as Mr. P in SL.  My stage designs were/are distinctive and unique...  I have designed over 22 separate stages for Mr. P including a Stonehenge scene, Space Invader scene, Aquarium scene, Toy Room scene, etc...  You never know what decor lays behind the curtains of a Mr. P concert.  I have also created stage designs for other performers & groups.

While the DMT University is a work in progress, I also have a number of other projects in SL like my "Grateful Dead-Opoly Game" which is a life size board game based on the Monopoly game but instead of trading Real Estate, the players trade Concert Tapes from each of the board game cities.  Walk around the board or ride on floating pillows around the game board.

I also am working on a "4D Chess Set" which is chess played on a hypercube with new rules for traveling around the edge or through the center...  I am also working on a "Medical/Surgical Student Training Unit" which is a study aid unit for medical/surgical students.  The first section quizzes and teaches "Surgical Instrument Identification"...  the second section quizzes on "Surgical Tray Setup"...  and the 3rd section is for doctors and allows a patient to be probed for temperature, heart rates, breathing, etc. after which the student doctor must diagnose the patient's ailment.  There are other projects too, like studies in "Nanobot Engine Development".

Offshoots from my HES class are a "Holodeck Controlled Science Museum", "Holodeck Apartments", and a "Metamorphic DJ Dance Club"  All of these and more are at the 2 parcels I manage.  Granada is G rated and contains Educational projects as well as "DMT University",  "The TEACH PEACE PROJECT Headquarters", and several art & science Museums.  Plenodyes is M rated and and contains Entertainment projects like the "Dinner Table Comedy Club", "Outdoor Music Arena", "Sky Carnival", and other works in progress...

Overall.... SL is MY KIND OF PLACE!!!  I can use it as my own private 3D laboratory to play mad scientist in, or go wild and crazy creating new and fun classes that teach both SL skills and RL knowledges...  Stop by some time!!!  TEACH PEACE!!!

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_246.jpg

Snapshot_005.jpg

DMTUniversity.jpg

• Like 5

I originally heard about Second Life at work in 2007.  My boss at the time wanted me to explore marketing opportunities for our department.  I made an account and started exploring right away.  I had never been into online gaming before, so everything from the creation of an avatar to the ability to move about was brand new to me.  Although it was a bit of a steep learning curve, I got the hang of it after a day or so.  After researching Second Life for a week, I presented a report to my superiors, hoping that they would find some use for Second Life as either a marketing tool or virtual meeting space.  Unfortunately, the powers that be decided not to use Second Life.  As for me, I had developed an insatiable appetite for exploration in the virtual world and decided to make an avatar for me to use at home.

I explored.  I shopped.  I experienced.  I made friends.

After a couple of months, I bought land and made a home for myself and then invited my real life friend to join Second Life.  Not long afterwards, we discovered the mermaid scene.  It was a ton of fun! 

My friend and I ended up buying beachfront property (the only beachfront property we will probably ever own) and opened up a shop with a mermaid playground below.  A few months later, I became interested in the idea of creating a theme park.  I thought at the time, "Hey, this is Second Life, why not?"  In 2008, we ended up opening a park called Magicland that is still open today.

As a result of running Magicland, I've made many friends and acquaintances in Second Life; some of which have blossomed into real life friendships.  As a result of Second Life, I've met people from all walks of life and from many different countries. These are everyday people that I would have not have met otherwise. 

I cherish each friendship that has been made and every moment that has been spent building and creating new things.  It's been a crazy 13 years and I'm hoping for more 🙂

Edited by Kriste Beck
  • Like 5

I was in another virtual world almost 14 years ago, and said to someone "I wish we could all go shop together etc.," and they replied "Oh, then you should try SL." Voila, I joined, and went deep into the experience.  I enjoy most the ability to create, and to be able to share the creations and that it is the users who really make SL as amazing as it is, while Linden Labs, listened  to the users, for advancing experiences.  The users are co-creators. It is sort of like in life, we have land, sea, physics etc., but we all can create and build.   In SL we have a virtual land mass, physics etc., and we co-create.  However, in the SL world, there is not people trying to control every aspect of that virtual life, and it flourishes with ideas, etc., that can be brought to fruition, and we all thrive from each others  creations.  It is an experience that has definitely made me have a deeper appreciation in many ways. I can get too deep on "the appreciation of what" so I am just going to leave it there for now :)

• Like 4

I create this short video many years ago just for this purpose, which sadly never got used. Its a out of date now as I have live in SL a long time and a sequel is long over due. I now rent just under half a region, and still deliberating what to do with it. But I now have my beach, my sunset and my fire :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dixon Cider/181/187/22

• Like 4

My brother (Kathy Yamamoto) was part of the pre-release beta testing and when Second Life went public He brought me in. I fell in love with SL, spent less and less time in Sims Online over the next few months, my friends there wondered where I had gone so I turned them onto SL and slowly started a migration into SL from SIMS. I think that I was one of the first people to actually make an alt (Fall of 2003) because I started out as 'Jerry Garcia' being a die hard fan of the Grateful Dead, though I am a female everyone expected me to be a man and to be a musician. Being neither, after a few months of that, I got tired of it , shelved 'Jerry Garcia' and made my current avatar, Cathy Curie.

• Like 3

I joined SL in October 2007, with a friend from RL who had been in world once before but never got very far with it. We were the original noobs lol, after leaving the Welcome Island where you had to speak to the parrot and bounce a ball and so on, we were off into the grid with no clue what we were doing. But it was so much fun and I love those memories. Back then there was obviously no mesh, but no sculpties or anything else either. So hair was system, clothes were just baked layers, so were shoes! Or made from prims. We spent ages creating our shapes and look, freebie shopping, camping! 12L$ for dancing for 1 hour, and more than likely I would crash before the hour was up as my PC was below recommended specs back then. And exploring, we had no idea about people's houses being private, we just wandered everywhere. Then we discovered clubs, the first one I really remember was Dogglounge (sp?) which played house music and we two noobs stood up on the roof listening to the music and looking down at all the cool avatars down below wondering how they looked so much better than us! Later we discovered about buying skins, AOs, hair you could attach. As time passed and I met people I learned more and more about creating my look, building in SL (it was still all with prims at that point) and I started getting into SL photography. My pictures were so basic back then but it really fired up my creativity and gave me another interest outside of shopping and clubbing. I discovered the SL gay community after some months which was a bit of a revelation, even more when I realised you were allowed to partner or marry your BF. That was before equal marriage was legalised in the UK where I live and so that was a pretty special thing for me about SL. Before that I could only marry my 'BF' playing SIMS lol. I started to work in SL and had many jobs as a dancer, host, club manager and so on. The earliest clubs I remember working at were Bangers, Zeus, Just Be, and Tainted Boys which was my longest SL job lasting 18 months. In total I worked in SL various places for 5 years before retiring from the club scene and it was huge fun. I made friends back then who I still see regularly now and that's so cool. When I joined SL I really had no expectations and I could not have imagined making friendships that would last a decade or more. SL opened my world up to all kinds of different music, as well as live performances. My love of vocal trance grew through these experiences and that's how I discovered Q Lounge Trance club, which is like my home from home in SL and some of the best people and times of my Slife have been spent there. I always said that when things went wrong for me that I wouldn't just quit this account and start over like some people do. The twelve years I have spent in SL have all been as Spanki and I pretty much grew up over that time, in world and out, learning about people from all over the world and learning about myself too. SL has definitely enriched my RL as well as my virtual life and influenced who I am today. 

What I love most about being a resident is seeing the creativity in SL! I love exploring beautiful builds created by others, and making photography and following other photographer streams. And I love to dance and listen to music. It's so cool when there's a great song and everyone is into it and you feel that energy and you just fly and forget all your troubles for a while. I love shopping still (of course lol) and I loveeeeeeeeee my Teegle Pet horse. I also got myself a second generation linden home recently and I am really enjoying that. Decorating the house and garden, and riding all around the neighbourhood which is very nicely landscaped. And of course, most important are my friends. SL is wonderful and having one or two special people to share it with is... wonderful-ler, lol.

Edited by Spanki Moulliez
  • Like 7

Now this takes me back.  Way back in December 2007 I was recuperating at home, on sick leave from work, after flying off my mountain bike at 20+ mph

Thankfully, was just pulled muscles/bruises.

anyway, daytime telly sucked back then, just like today, and I'd tried Second Life back in 06 for a day after an advert.  I decided I might as well givi it another try but could I recall my details, could I heckers like, so "Adamburp" was born.  Some kind user took pity on a noob wearing a house on his right hand, and took a little time to help me get sorted (a kindness I still pass on to this day).  Apart from RL holidays, I've logged in every single day ever since.

I forget who said to me, it might have been Joppa Linden, that in SL you could find something unique to do if you looked hard enough.  Everyone was a builder, a club owner, a dancer etc, so I decided that I TRULY wanted to be unique in Second Life.

So I decided to collect toilets.

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's was 2007 I had been laid off from my Job as a Land Acquisition Exec Assistant for a Southern California Home Builder. I was sitting in my living room watching Good Morning America (some something similar) when they did a segment on this women that was making real money in this Virtual World. They talked about how she was a UPS driver and how in 3 months she was making the same as she was in real life. I had done alot of work in Photoshop and will google earth and video editing etc. for my past job and thought to myself... I can learn to make things and maybe make some money as well as some point. I did not considered myself and artist or that I had any talent at all but with the crash of the housing market there where no jobs and I had a large mortgage to pay. So I jumped into Second Life on 10/24/2007. I meet someone right away that friended me and helped me get antiquated with this new world. I meet a few other people and shortly became best friends with Heather. I would wake up every morning excited and couldn't wait for my coffee to be done so I could jump into SL and talk with my best friend and try to learn how to be a Creator. I have had 3 business ... Epic Production House (Videos of Second Life events like party's or weddings even prim baby birthing), IMaGE Factory ( Avatar wearable s etc... ) and now EMBER. Second Life has given me the opportunity to make money from home even when the RL economy is down. I am not good enough to be one of the success stories but at times it has been the only way I was able to feed my family. Thank you Linden Labs ... for daring to dream and allowing me to have my world the way I image it. 

• Like 3

I'd heard about Second Life back in 2009, when my mom heard about it on the news and asked me if I'd heard about it before. I hadn't; she told me that you could be a squirrel in it, that the news said it was bad, and then told me not to play it... so I promptly downloaded it and made an account, haha. Been playing on and off ever since.

I'd say my favorite thing about being a resident is probably the creator community. I love being in a world where nearly everything you see was made by a player of the game, and that there's an expansive marketplace to help facilitate it. Things are made with so much love and care, and anyone can join in if they like. There's always things to see, places to explore, events to experience, all that players have made. It's wonderful.

• Like 4

Wow... well, I was an online native before there was anything like second life.

My first 'world' was a local BBS running on a dial up -- I think sysop had 24 modems.  She ran Major BBS with money she got from early retirement from Kodak, I think it was... anyway, me and my partner joined in the early 1990s, and were an active part of it until he died and my life focused on a bunch of other things for a while.

Fast forward a bit and the the nice man who I eventually married was kind enough to read Snow Crash to me as a bedtime story!!!!  wow!!! Still one of my favorite memories of our early marriage days.  It was then I remembered all the cool things about talking to people you've never met, except now, there was a visual reality to it that BBSes had not had - and I didn't really believe it could be real, but I wanted it to be! 

Somewhere in there, I heard someone mention Second Life.  Then Science Friday on my local NPR station started to mention that they had a sim or a destination or something... (it was a while back).  I kept meaning to and meaning to visit,  and never did.

Why did I finally decide to join in September of 2015, after knowing about SL for so long (probably pretty much the beginning?)  I honestly cannot remember.  Probably b/c i needed something to replace Facebook, which I had gotten off after I decided it was a time suck and a huge security hole... and too aggravating to boot!

My first thing, of course, was to try to find Science Friday's destination.  I never did.  I looked that first day, but nothing. I was so new and so lost that I spent most of the next few months trying not to walk into or fall off things.  I went to a bunch of really (mostly empty, I thought) pretty places and just wandered... Eventually (thanks Caledon!) I figured out how to take pictures... and started taking pics and have now taken thousands! 

My focus wasn't that strongly on things like dressing up and the idea of spending money here?? Well, I didn't have a lot to spare (and I was born cheap anyway), and I initially thought it was a frivolous activity, so I spent six months with no money... except for 250L someone gave me sometime in there... which I husbanded very carefully! Mostly so i could buy 1L items occasionally.  (Things have changed a bit... fortunately)

My initial focus was on my journeys (Inspire space park, Whimsy Beach/kaboom, Whimsy no limits (a different sim) and many more, some very strange... discoveries and I made several real friends, who are friends to this day. But from my first day, I knew I needed Blue hair, so I figured out how to tint the lovely hair that came with my rocker girl avi. 

I decided the religious underwear that came with my initial skin was not my style, so someone showed me how to change my skin within about 5 minutes of clearing the new comer entry way, and waking up on NCI (cannot remember which one). 

I quickly crafted a person that reflected my real appearance as closely as possible. (but didn't actually look a lot like me, thanks to the skin and the limits of the tech and my lack of skill).  I wanted to create a fit/muscular, large breasted person which broad shoulders and large feet... and a cleft chin.  I wanted to be 'brown' but that was hard to find... so I put up with a paler imitation for a while. (truth in advertising, it was supposed to be me at 30 - I wasn't perfect, but I was very happy with myself, so why try to look like anything else?)  I never did become a builder, but I have become decent at making avi shapes, IMHO. 🤩

Eventually, I gave in and made myself a bit taller,  b/c being 5'5" on the sliders meant I was near childsized in SL!  I'm still relatively short.

This (below) was the best I could do with no money...  and I wandered the world with my sword until I met my bff, who started to try to convince me I could 'look better'.  I thought mesh wearers were deformed snobs as most mesh avis had (and often still have) horrid proportions... so I was 'meh' about the mesh, but I utterly hated my hands and feet... and I had already started being interested in things like wearing wings and lovely flowing flexi things - so I started to be a little bit interested...  And to leave the freebie box behind and visit places like Snowpaws and Brii.

Below was my first profile pic: I was a slightly better version of the day one self... wearing my self-made top and my lovely free (self-edited and poorly positioned) blue hair... (I have a big forehead in real, so I was trying to create that look with free 'flat hair' and no editing experience!) 

This was taken in the skies of Gardens of Greenberg (greenburg?), which sadly, no longer exists... It was a winter wonderland... and I miss it so much! The second one is No limits Whimsy, also gone... and the last... I don't know where that was. I wish I could go back!

This journey has been so much fun!  It still isn't about being a clothes horse (though I have tons of clothing and look a lot different now), but i do express myself and be myself... and I have some friendships I never thought I would have.  One woman made her husband drive 6 hours to meet me!!  She's my BFF... something I never had before!  This Second Life has enriched my entire life!

estab1_012.thumb.png.cbec2a2ac7cf95e105726afb93d29444.png

853191274_bluehorse_SQUARE035.thumb.jpg.27aeaad0ddbd776ecf2cfec778fe5991.jpg2001738112_SnapshotSECONDLIFEBLUE-TOADSTOOL2_002.thumb.jpg.33d6675a67fd0116ed054f52f7298461.jpg

I love this place... and me and my sword and my fugly boots...

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
errors, clarity
  • Like 5

I heard about SL from an online friend in February, 2007. A month later I met my SL husband whom I married in SL in August 2007. We met for the first time in RL in 2008, got married in RL 2009. We're still happily married in both worlds  😃 However he does no longer log into SL 😃 I've been in and out of SL. I think most are taken breaks here and there. I still log in because of my SL sister Muza Waco and a few close friends...and because I own / co-own a couple of groups and have my own store since 2015. Aside from all of the drama and self seclusion, SL will still my comfy place. No matter if I never log in again ....SL will always be a part of my heart because I met the love of my life/my soulmate in SL ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeroai Catronis said:

I'd heard about Second Life back in 2009, when my mom heard about it on the news and asked me if I'd heard about it before. I hadn't; she told me that you could be a squirrel in it, that the news said it was bad, and then told me not to play it... so I promptly downloaded it and made an account, haha. Been playing on and off ever since.

I'd say my favorite thing about being a resident is probably the creator community. I love being in a world where nearly everything you see was made by a player of the game, and that there's an expansive marketplace to help facilitate it. Things are made with so much love and care, and anyone can join in if they like. There's always things to see, places to explore, events to experience, all that players have made. It's wonderful.

love the idea that possibly being a squirrel was one of your salient memories!

On 4/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, JoeJoe Suppenkraut said:

I saw an article in The New York Times about Second Life and some of the groups they have in here. One of those was a writer's group. Up until then I really heard nothing outstanding about SL, and refused to try it, thinking it would be a waste of time. But since I just had my first novel published, I thought I would give it a go and maybe I could drum up some publicity for it. And boy was I wrong!

Not about getting publicity for my novel, but about the misconceptions I had about Second Life! God almighty was I wrong!!!

That was over 11 years ago. And since then there are maybe 12, or 13 days, where I have not logged in, at a minimum just to see what was going on. And my passion for being in here and doing what I do is still going strong.

I don't think 10 days in a row have passed since I joined that i didn't log on, except for a brief period when my account was locked and no one knew why.  That was a hard two weeks.  Still have no idea why.  There are weeks when I hardly am on but I always come back, but most weeks, I am on for at least a few hours, some weeks, many many more!  My friends live here!!!  Wish more of my real life friends were here instead of FB, which I abhor.  Glad to know of other writers here.  I was part of a writing group for a while but it folded. I must find another. 

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I remember I was reading an article about SL on a newspaper and intrigued I decide to enter, it was 11 August 2007.
I said to myself that it was the right occasion to know people from other nations, improve my spoken english and advertise my work.
I spent a lot of time camping to earn some linden to buy clothes, I was very curious about the various sims to explore, I immediately made friends with two people, I am very sorry they have leave sl, I still remember their names, Barisone Amat and Hap Allen, we spent long evenings chatting while we dancing.
Then I don't remember how I ended up in a land called Imparafacile and from that moment a beautiful period started because I knowed the owner, a unique person also in RL, and with Marinù Gausman, whom I met later in RL and she came to my house, we held a photography course, we turned together for the various lands to practice photos, I had countless clothes and all kinds of avatars, from the dragon to the angel, to change according to the sim and create a set to photograph.
I remember that we had also made a calendar for charity with various models and different photographers, and once I have had an  exhibition together with Mistero Hifeng, which I discovered when I returned to SL that is became a well known artist, I remember that we had great chats with him on skype (in the photos below we are quarreling for a car accident)
I also remember you Fiona 😘 ...the photo below is yours, for the Camera Chiara group.

It has been a good time, after then for many years I gave up, some sporadic log in but lately I frequent more, even if now my computer is obsolete and I struggle to load and see the beauty that gives me surrounds, I'm sorry because after all these years everything is even more beautiful.
In the meantime, I also entered the online community where there are many kind and helpful people to give advice because the return with the mesh bodies and now Bom was not immediate.
For me, SL is like a warm place to take refuge when I want to escape, I am only sorry for the lost friends and that most of the Italian sim are dead.

misteromanoji.jpg

camerachiara.jpg

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Second Life Birthdate: May 19, 2007

My, such a long time.  I ended up signing up more than once, as I messed up signing in to begin with and my computer could not handle it.  I persevered though as a friend REALLY wanted me to join her in the world.  Finally, I made it in, and it certainly was a fun and interesting place.  Always new things to uncover, and new people to meet.  I quickly learned the art of building, and loved being able to make things that others enjoyed.  I also found that unlike in first life, I loved clothes, at one point I worked out that I have enough outfits to wear a different one, every single day for 2 years or more.

I have made some lovely friends from all over the world and they have become friends in both worlds.  A few of us always laugh when someone new approaches us and asks "how do you play this game" and they hate the reply of "it is not a game, like it's name says, it is a second life".  A game has an end point you are meant to head to, a final goal to win.

I have been in a quite a bit less recently, as I got hurt a bit by some people, but that is also part of life, and there is always good with the bad.  I am creeping back, touching base with friends, getting back to what I first loved.  If you do not like one place in SL, you hop about and find another, or better yet, make your own.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Huntress Catteneo said:

A few of us always laugh when someone new approaches us and asks "how do you play this game" and they hate the reply of "it is not a game, like it's name says, it is a second life".  

That's weird. I've already completed SL twice and I'm already on level 32 again. 🤓

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I only been on SL two weeks almost, i must admit i did do a great job with my Avatar. Everywhere i went men and women complimented me. So i met a lot of men.  However most of them much older than myself.  I met one in particular.. he IMed me saying hi.. we chatted for a while honestly i thought he was a woman at first lol.  So I'm thinking I'm chatting with a nice lady.  I said let us meet face to face.  I seen it was a guy lol. So he said you are beautiful.  I said thank you.  He asked to dance,  i agreed.  We did light chatting. I asked why he decided to talk to me. He said i noticed you in the back not dancing,  all alone and that you were new. Lol i was just in my inventory teaching myself things lol.. anyway.  We talked more, he mentioned the beach, i said i yet to have proper beach clothes.  He said well its on me! I said wow really he said yes i really like you.  He spent over 8000Ls on me that day saying "don't be cheap babe get what you want" i was shocked.. so we went dancing at the beach talking and sharing things about each other. Nice guy.. so far.. takes me shopping everyday.. with no limit.. im new so i have no clue what to buy. Anyway the third day of us talking, he said ill do anything to make u happy we are a couple.  Im like (already) in just three days.. i said ehh what the heck i enjoy his company and who is so far. Sooo lol i guess ill see what happens. He allowed me access to his house and had been a Gentleman so far.  What's your guys opinion?

Edited by Love4ever90
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Love4ever90 said:

I only been on SL two weeks almost, i must admit i did do a great job with my Avatar. Everywhere i went men and women complimented me. So i met a lot of men.  However most of them much older than myself.  I met one in particular.. he IMed me saying hi.. we chatted for a while honestly i thought he was a woman at first lol.  So I'm thinking I'm chatting with a nice lady.  I said let us meet face to face.  I seen it was a guy lol. So he said you are beautiful.  I said thank you.  He asked to dance,  i agreed.  We did light chatting. I asked why he decided to talk to me. He said i noticed you in the back not dancing,  all alone and that you were new. Lol i was just in my inventory teaching myself things lol.. anyway.  We talked more, he mentioned the beach, i said i yet to have proper beach clothes.  He said well its on me! I said wow really he said yes i really like you.  He spent over 8000Ls on me that day saying "don't be cheap babe get what you want" i was shocked.. so we went dancing at the beach talking and sharing things about each other. Nice guy.. so far.. takes me shopping everyday.. with no limit.. im new so i have no clue what to buy. Anyway the third day of us talking, he said ill do anything to make u happy we are a couple.  Im like (already) in just three days.. i said ehh what the heck i enjoy his company and who is so far. Sooo lol i guess ill see what happens. He allowed me access to his house and had been a Gentleman so far.  What's your guys opinion?

Hello, and welcome to Second Life.

You really need to start a brand new thread on the General Discussions sub-section, as this isn't the right thread for your particular enquiry, and I am sure you will get some very interested responses. 

Please, start a brand new thread, and amend this post just to say how you heard about Second Life, and what it means to you - maybe you are beginning a brand new adventure. (I think you are :) )

• Like 1

It will be 15 years this Christmas 2020. A friend of mine I met in OnliveTraveler found SL and had me come in. Wow, what an upgrade! I have seen a lot of changes and have to say that SL is such an Amazing place. I love sitting on the shore of my Tropical Beach spot and listen to music and the waves! I have come in and out over the years as RL takes time. WIth the Covid 19 pandemic I have been working from home and have found SL to be my Zen place on the Beach while I work. Nightclubs and dancing are a blast as well. Love SL!!!

• Like 5

How did I miss this thread before?

I was home with basically, for all intents and purposes, a totally busted leg in 2007. Bored out of my mind laying on the couch for weeks. Saw a news report of SL and remembered I'd seen it mentioned once before. Downloaded, logged on and was utterly confused, mystified, baffled. Could not figure out how to do anything. Turned it off.

Came back a few days later because...still bored. Managed to find my way out and around but still confused why everywhere I went was empty. 

FYI: I never went to Orientation Island. Did not even see that as an option . I wasn't a gamer. There were instructions available? 😛

Anyway I kept at it and eventually discovered the Official Forum where I started to socialize/make friends. Then The Forum Cartel formed and that was the answer to all my problems. Found out the grid was NOT empty!

The rest is nearly 13 years of SL living. Aside from a small break or two through the years, I've consistently been involved for all that time in one form or another. The best thing to me is how it connected me to people I never would have met otherwise, and expanded the world of art and music to me. I am still blown away daily by the massive amount of creativity I find here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It all began with some extra bucks I had left over on a software store gift card.  I didn't have any games, as I'd always just gone on BBS's to play Tradewars.  I'd played Sim City once at a friend's house, so I decided to spend the last bit of money on the gift certificate on a copy of Sim City.  This lead to an interest in The Sims when it debuted, which in turn led me to be a beta tester for The Sims online.  Eventually I started hearing about new online games emerging, from Star Wars to this Sims Online-ishy virtual world called Second Life.  Eventually someone on the Second Life Stratics Forum set up some sort of camera device within Second Life, broadcasting live feeds of the game to a url, which they'd in turn posted as a Sims Online forum topic.  We were all very excited about a bridge between our two virtual worlds.  Sadly, though, few of us could handle running Second Life on our systems.

That changed for me thirteen years ago, when cyber cafes started popping up around Chicago:  I found one that had some high-end gaming computers, and created an account.  I chose the fury starter avatar, as I used to hang out in Sims Online with folks who were into roleplaying sci-fi/fantasy avatars.  "Cheetah" sounded like a good last name;  Does anyone else remember scrolling through hundreds of potential last names?  I thought about adjectives for cheetahs, a few were already taken, and somehow settled on "Rabid." lol  I didn't know what to expect, and wanted to sound tough in case SL was full of griefers.

I eventually bought a good basic gaming PC, got more involved by purchasing First Land and building a few things, and even turned a profit when a real state agent showed up wanting to buy my land.  I spent most of the early years exploring, making avis and clothes for myself, and hanging out with one of the major (but now long gone) elf/fae groups.  And oh yeah:  Irie Vibes Reggae Club.  🙂

As time has gone on, I've seen friends come and go, content creation grow increasingly complex, and changes in attitudes of players.  I miss the days of creativity and exploring, friendliness, and not judging people by how mesh their boobies are.  I came very close to quitting, but am glad I didn't, as Bellesseria has created a Second Life Renaissance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.