The breakup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I partnered once in SL, and even had the blasted wedding also - though I had sworn early on that I would never do so.  However, just a few days after the wedding, said partner gave me an wild excuse about a medical issue that was going to keep him from being able to log in to SL for a while and how he was going to unpartner me in order to be fair to me and let me move on.  He made a miraculous recovery and was back in SL within roughly a week.

• Sad 10

Partnership can be ether friendship bond  ,Partnership in marriage bond  or business bond in sl.     I was married once myself on sl dated 7 months meet in real his deal was if worked out in real we partner on sl it was 2014 in the winter it lasted 3 years we live and learn this the facts of life.  Enjoy your freedom its the best thing in the world but if you find a great connection and works out then built it more.  You can even marry yourself your alt have a fake wedding to take a break many have done.

Maybe you meet someone you both have this great connection the energy is great at first gets more deep in to temptation. Emotion can drive your mind and body to more but will this be like this the next day.  Fine to explore the horizon a little  but don't get to deep end to quick with the feelings breathe a little take some time to let the connection to grow with trust.  It will not happen over night but hang out with each other go out and dance go to the beach. See if this connection is what you truly want if the connection is just friendship or more.  It can takes weeks give connection time friendship and 5 weeks go by  maybe courtship give it 6 months to year for more relashionship to marriage.  think before you leap this what you truly really want.     Mentally physically and great chemistry they are honest make time not rushing you but taking it slow. A partner will lift you not rush you its balance. Someone can have great feelings for you but do you feel the same .

If you have sl wedding partnership you don't have to have big wedding or has to be expensive you can do a lot of it yourself go to places where they do it for free or small amount.   If ever comes to that day I know a cute little chapel Bay City Wedding Chapel http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Falconmoon/146/49/26

cheapchapal_001.png

Edited by Vanoralynna
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just like RL, divorces cost money, and more than the partnering even.

ETA:  If I remember correctly, from my one and only SL partnering many eons ago, both parties pay the Partnering fee, but only the requesting person pays the Unpartner fee.

In 2000, it was cheaper to get a divorce than it was to get married in 1992. In the real world. In my experience.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:28 PM, Lavaliere said:

Yeah..  It's kinda dumb.  I think back in the old days its was like 10,000 to unpartner, made you really think if you should or not.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:12 PM, Annie Nova said:

You're right. I got partnered two weeks ago and although it never said I was paying, I just checked my account and sure enough there was the 10L for partnering. 🙂

Wait, wut?! Creating a partnership is only $LL 10, and 'divorcing' $LL 10,000?! That seems a tad askew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Wait, wut?! Creating a partnership is only $LL 10, and 'divorcing' $LL 10,000?! That seems a tad askew.

LOL no, divorcing is 25L and the person who wants the divorce pays 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, Tamara Adored said:

I was at a SL wedding & during the reception the bride messaged me to say she thought she’d made a mistake. They partnered as part of the ceremony, were unpartnered during the reception.

I've seen some short partnerships, but that one has got to hold the record.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, kiramanell said:

This was a long LONG time ago, Kira. Lol. I think they lowered it to like 100 now a days.

• Thanks 1

Unpartnering was never L$10,000, or even L$100 --- at least not in all of my existence in SL.

Partnering will cost EACH person L$10 and unpartnering will cost the Requester L$25.  Those costs have been constant at least as far back as early/mid 2007.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Unless I am misremembering, it costs $25L to unpartner someone and always has. Creating a group has always been $100Ls. Never has LL charged anything as exorbitant as $10,000Ls for anything (inworld). 

I have to admit though, way back then, I thought the $10, $25, and $100Ls was too high... these days, not so much. I see them as the reasonable prices they are since LL doesn't make any real money off those fees directly. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 4/27/2020 at 3:28 PM, Lavaliere said:

Yeah..  It's kinda dumb.  I think back in the old days its was like 10,000 to unpartner, made you really think if you should or not.

Lol, I just returned back to Sl after being gone  4 yrs …. it aint nothing like the old days..  IT COST 39.99  to get a name change. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:05 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope.  My recollections were correct.  One has to pay 10L to 'accept' a proposal also.

image.png.b9f219e4f254faa6bd12d71c70a61ff2.png

did that change?  I don't remember paying for either partnership. I did have to pay for both divorces.  My first av died after she divorced her partner, She just could not stand to log in any more. I survived my divorce from Zig,  but it was really sad because I wasn't divorcing him so much as I was accepting the fact that he had died in RL.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

did that change?  I don't remember paying for either partnership. I did have to pay for both divorces.  My first av died after she divorced her partner, She just could not stand to log in any more. I survived my divorce from Zig,  but it was really sad because I wasn't divorcing him so much as I was accepting the fact that he had died in RL.

I intentionally have blocked all memory of my one and only SL partnering -- other than the fact that it happened and the guy ended up being a douchebag really fast.  So I honestly do not remember whether I paid or not.

I simply remembered the topic coming up here in the forums a while back - prior to this thread.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

On 4/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I partnered once in SL, and even had the blasted wedding also - though I had sworn early on that I would never do so.  However, just a few days after the wedding, said partner gave me an wild excuse about a medical issue that was going to keep him from being able to log in to SL for a while and how he was going to unpartner me in order to be fair to me and let me move on.  He made a miraculous recovery and was back in SL within roughly a week.

That is terrible @LittleMe Jewell.  The worst one I heard was the guy who left a friend of mine at their wedding reception, poofed never to be seen again.

3 hours ago, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:
On 4/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is terrible @LittleMe Jewell.  The worst one I heard was the guy who left a friend of mine at their wedding reception, poofed never to be seen again.

Not only was he back inworld in no time at all, but he hooked up with one my bridesmaids within days of returning.

Needless to say, her and I haven't really spoken since then.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope.  My recollections were correct.  One has to pay 10L to 'accept' a proposal also.

It use not to cost you nothing to partner... I knew it was L$25 to unpartner.   LL must be hurting to nickel and dime you everywhere.  

After my last SL partner for 4 years died in RL nearly 3 years ago.  I left him as my partner for nearly a year and all my friends kept hammering at me about still being partnered to him after his death.  I did have a hard time letting go of it.  

Edited by Kayla Whittaker
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kayla Whittaker said:
On 4/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

It use not to cost you nothing to partner... I knew it was L$25 to unpartner.   LL must be hurting to nickel and dime you everywhere.  

The 'partner' cost of L$10 each has been there since at least 2008 or 2009.  That was when I did my one and only SL-partnering thing. 

So, per your view, LL was hurting back then and had to nickle and dime us.  Given how low many of the other fees were back then compared to now, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that view.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 'partner' cost of L$10 each has been there since at least 2008 or 2009.  That was when I did my one and only SL-partnering thing. 

So, per your view, LL was hurting back then and had to nickle and dime us.  Given how low many of the other fees were back then compared to now, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that view.

Come to think of it... I never asked anyone to partner, they ask me.  I guess that why I thought there wasn't a fee to partner and only knew of the L$25 fee to unpartner.

• 9 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 6:43 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I've seen some short partnerships, but that one has got to hold the record.

I had a dear friend who got married back in 2013, she walked down the aisle with her new husband, and once they made it to the end of the aisle, he poofed, never to be seen again.  I suppose it was only 8 years of computer problems and counting.  Or maybe he just had to run to the store and forgot to tell her.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It all depends on if you trust the partner and take the time to get to know them. My partner and I met on a different platform in 2019 and moved to SL in early 2020 to see how we like it needless to say after a year of marriage on SL we are still together and planning on expanding our family and our lives together here. She lives in a different country and last year was busy with her job due to the current RL pandemic going on. We manage to stay together this long we will be together for a long time as long as you are open and honest with each other and truly take the time to get to know each other properly before moving onto the next step. Some relationships work and some don't but that's apart of life itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:

I had a dear friend who got married back in 2013, she walked down the aisle with her new husband, and once they made it to the end of the aisle, he poofed, never to be seen again.  I suppose it was only 8 years of computer problems and counting.  Or maybe he just had to run to the store and forgot to tell her.

oof...

that'sroughbuddycover.jpg

I was asked to take wedding photos for a woman and her partner about 8-9 years ago.  Her fiancé was hard to photograph as he was trying to look like a body-builder so his clothes didn't fit well, and this was before mesh.  I worked hard on editing the photos, sent them  to her when I finished them, and she was pleased.  She paid me very well. About two weeks later she messaged me and said, "It didn't work out.  He's an ass.  I'm engaged to a new amazing guy."  I was taken aback, how she could end it with her husband, find someone new, and get engaged all within 2 weeks?  She laughed and said that when she knows what she wants, she goes after it.  She wanted me to photograph this second wedding, which I did.  I had rl family issues so I couldn't send her the edited finalized photos until about 2-3 weeks later.  She loved them, but then told me that they weren't married anymore!  About a month later, she messaged me again and said, 'Ok, HE was a mistake.  I am now engaged to someone who is incredible now.  Can you take our wedding photos which will be in goth and black?"  I hesitated, but decided to take the photos, even though they were super challenging to make the photos look good as it was so dark in the chapel.  The next time I saw a message from her was about 6-8 weeks later, and I said, after taking a deep breath, "How's things?"  She said, swearing like a lumberjack, that the last guy was the biggest ***** and 'good riddance' to him.  She wanted me to take her wedding photos with her new fiancé.  I finally asked her, "WHY do you bother making vows to people and then ending it with them so quickly?  Just live with them and state on your profile that you are in a committed relationship. After a few months, THEN maybe think of marrying the new guy."  She laughed and just said that she was an 'optimist'.  I finally said to her, politely, that I was probably bad luck for her, and suggested that she find another photographer!  lol.  I lost contact with her after that, but that was the strangest wedding experience I've had in sl.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kari Velvetleaf said:

I lost contact with her after that, but that was the strangest wedding experience I've had in sl.

I've observed people who had similar marriage adventures. It struck me as peculiar, that the idea of being married in SL was so appealing that who you were marrying was a secondary concern. To each their own, and all that.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 10:53 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

After my last SL partner for 4 years died in RL nearly 3 years ago.  I left him as my partner for nearly a year and all my friends kept hammering at me about still being partnered to him after his death.  I did have a hard time letting go of it.  

it is totally your choice to keep a partners name in your profile in this situation. The only thing friends have to do is support you. It's not their job to push you to remove it.
( it wouldn't be my friends for long when having comments on such thing.)
(and i know it's necro .. but perhaps "friends" could read it and think tiwce in such situations)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only time I ever partnered was to a friend, as a joke. Then we didn't have enough $Ls to divorce so we stayed partnered until I raised the cash by hitting vote boxes. It lasted longer than her actual partnerships xD She was addicted to vampire boys, new one every week! 

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.