The breakup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

You have to pay to unpartner? Huh, I still learn something new about SL every day.

Yeah..  It's kinda dumb.  I think back in the old days its was like 10,000 to unpartner, made you really think if you should or not.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

You have to pay to unpartner? Huh, I still learn something new about SL every day.

Just like RL, divorces cost money, and more than the partnering even.

ETA:  If I remember correctly, from my one and only SL partnering many eons ago, both parties pay the Partnering fee, but only the requesting person pays the Unpartner fee.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

How short or long do you wait or have waited to end an sl partnership?

Because you use the word "wait" twice, it sounds like maybe you're asking how long a person has/should wait when their partner disappears. As long as you can stand it? The real world is pretty crazy right now - don't take anything too personally in SL. It's a game, and if you liked someone enough to partner them you could probably be friends some day. Etc....

Edited by rmarie Beedit
update

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA:  If I remember correctly, from my one and only SL partnering many eons ago, both parties pay the Partnering fee, but only the requesting person pays the Unpartner fee.

Well, SL divorces are in no way like RL divorces. No attorney fees! No custody disputes! But LL might as well make money off both transactions I suppose.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eva Knoller said:

Well, SL divorces are in no way like RL divorces. No attorney fees! No custody disputes! But LL might as well make money off both transactions I suppose.

Pretty much, yeah.. I think it's more of a function for RPers than anything tbh.  In which.. They have rp lawyers and custody battles..

• Like 1

Well once I found out that she is tracking my camera where I look. 

She was crazy but quite and needed somebody to look after her. But that was pretty much the last drop. 

Or when I found out that another ex of mine was dishonest from the beginning. She was muted same day. 

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

Well once I found out that she is tracking my camera where I look. 

once upon a time in SL

them: You do know that I can see your camera cross-hairs on me

me: i know! how exciting is this then ?!

them: You are so muted

me: hehe

🐱

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Have you ever considered maybe umm not partnering someone until you know them better? 

Me? 

I never partnered nobody this was when we was dating. I tend to know people before I do such a thing. 

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Only one person pays for the partnering and unpartnering fee, the one who is "proposing" pays 10L and whoever wants the "divorce" pays 25L 

14 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Only one person pays for the partnering and unpartnering fee, the one who is "proposing" pays 10L and whoever wants the "divorce" pays 25L 

Nope.  My recollections were correct.  One has to pay 10L to 'accept' a proposal also.

image.png.b9f219e4f254faa6bd12d71c70a61ff2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

how long should you wait. only as long as you think is fair. you can unpartner at anytime as long as you have the fee to do so. You dont have to stay in the relationship any longer than you actually want. partner one minute divorce the next if that is what you feel like. You dont have to give it any time if you decide its not what you really want. there is no set time limit of how long you have to remain their partner.

should you wait any specific amount of time because they suddenly disappear. only if you want too, you dont have too. its what ever floats your boat and fits your morals or ethics, not anyone else's.

here today..gone today.. if that is what you prefer and have the fee.

las vegas wedding followed by a new york divorce. quick sweet and painless. no rp required either unless wanted. no drama required.. if they harass report.. then mute/block and derender them. zero them out completely and move on and forget they ever existed if you want. delete their contact card, remove from friends list, delete all chat logs with them. turn them into nothing as far as you are concerned if that is what it takes to move on and put it behind you. dont even have to mention them in your profile if you dont want too.

in other words how ever you want, when ever you want, why ever you want. doesnt matter if someone else says it was fair or moral or ethical or just or right or wrong.

from dust they came and to dust they returned.

you dont owe them anything. not even paying them back the measly 10l$ they paid out for the partnership.

same goes for any kind of relationship or friendship. it only lasts as long as you want it to. not what anyone else says.

i have removed and blocked people within the same day, within a few hours if I decided they were not really worth the time or effort to continue with. if they dont try and make it work, im not going to either. its a two way street, not just one sided or one direction.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1

I was at a SL wedding & during the reception the bride messaged me to say she thought she’d made a mistake. They partnered as part of the ceremony, were unpartnered during the reception. The answer to your question is the same answer to the question how long is a piece of string.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope.  My recollections were correct.  One has to pay 10L to 'accept' a proposal also.

image.png.b9f219e4f254faa6bd12d71c70a61ff2.png

You're right. I got partnered two weeks ago and although it never said I was paying, I just checked my account and sure enough there was the 10L for partnering. 🙂

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

I was at a SL wedding & during the reception the bride messaged me to say she thought she’d made a mistake. They partnered as part of the ceremony, were unpartnered during the reception. The answer to your question is the same answer to the question how long is a piece of string.

I only had a wedding and reception as part of the roleplay I was doing in Dead End.  I have never partnered  or unpartnered that fast

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.