Buttacwup Float

Please Change Homestead Ownership Requirements

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)

I have always wondered why Linden Lab keeps this rule "To own a Homestead Region, you must also own at least one standard Private Region." Homestead pricing is super approachable and I think a lot of people would pay the 150 setup and 109 a month to have a private estate with just one or maybe a few homesteads. I know these can be rented, but the ease and convenience of having it all in one estate and billing direct (vs converting lindens) is just preferable to me. I thought i would put this out there for discussion, see what others think. I would love to see this added as a feature of the premium plus tier when it rolls out.

Linden's if you read this, please consider this change  : )

Edited by Buttacwup Float
clarity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I wish this was a thing.

not interesting for private (non business) non American to be homestead owners .. they have to add at least 20% to the price. renting is cheaper.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not interesting for private (non business) non American to be homestead owners .. they have to add at least 20% to the price. renting is cheaper.

This is true.

3 hours ago, Buttacwup Float said:

I have always wondered why Linden Lab keeps this rule "To own a Homestead Region, you must also own at least one standard Private Region.

I would love to see this added as a feature of the premium plus tier when it rolls out.

it could be done as an option for Premium Plus

meaning that a Homestead is not included in the Plus package.  But can get one if wanted for extra payment

Until they move the simulators to aws fully, do not expect this, the hardware requirements alone for them will push it past a pricing point that will keep them in profit,  I still believe it was one of the reasons for adjusting everything like they did years back, not really a profit gain, but more, oh a gain so they did not get overwhelmed having to constantly buy hardware that would take years to recoup profits from. 

But I do webhosting and I just look at it from my end too and think, if I took on another 300 people from another guy looking to sell his small business, I would have to think about another box just for his,   but I have moved so much to aws,  that I could kinda really afford to take on his clients.   So it's a toss up,  22k for another server or I htink 2300.00 usd a year for amazonish prices. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.