Should we pay for shapes?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Um.

This is all beginning to sound a bit stalkerish, perhaps?

I get the people are becoming annoyed and/or confused about her comments, but perhaps speculating about, and actually investigating her publicly on the forum is not a great idea?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is all beginning to sound a bit stalkerish, perhaps?

I think calling checking out her public profile in SL "stalkerish" is devaluing how vile stalking actually is.

You were the one who suggested she may not realize that SL is a virtual world so I checked out her profile. Nothing more, nothing less. If she actually hasn't been in SL, knowing that would be useful for responding to her comments and questions, and helping her understand what SL is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think calling checking out her public profile in SL "stalkerish" is devaluing how vile stalking actually is.

Oh puhlease . . . seriously?

My actual words, which you even quoted, were "a bit stalkerish." That's hardly conflating threatening or vicious stalking with what people have been suggesting here. If you prefer, though, why don't I just say it's all "a bit mean-girlish"?

We're speculating about her in the third person, which is, to begin with, a little rude. And talking among ourselves, publicly, about who she may be, what her background is, and so on. And how we can find out more.

How is this likely to look to someone new to the forums? It suggests that if you don't fit in here, or are a bit "different," or maybe even don't speak English well, you are going to be "talked about," and people will find out whatever they can about you, and talk about that too.

Sorry if this seems an overreaction on my part, but this is a bit high school, it comes across as cliquish, and it's not welcoming.

It's not a big deal, but it's still kind of crappy.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

I'm not going to apologize for checking the profile. LL created profiles specifically for people to check them out.  No different than me checking out the profile of someone that says something to me inworld.

If someone comments on the confusing posts by questioning whether the person had ever logged in, I don't think there is any problem is stating whether or not the person had logged in if the information is publicly available.  Public information is PUBLIC.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm not going to apologize for checking the profile. LL created profiles specifically for people to check them out.  No different than me checking out the profile of someone that says something to me inworld.

If someone comments on the confusing posts by questioning whether the person had ever logged in, I don't think there is any problem is stating whether or not the person had logged in if the information is publicly available.  Public information is PUBLIC.

The issue is not checking on her profile. That's why profiles exist.

What is rather uncool is talking and speculating about her in the third person here, publicly, as though she wasn't posting in this thread.

You really don't get why talking among yourselves about her this way, as though she weren't here, and then thinking of ways of finding things out about her, instead of asking her, is kind of ugly sounding?

I sometimes find it rather unsurprising that new posters find this place intimidating or cliquey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

💩 ... this thread really got out of hand. I think a lot of people misinterpreted the question I originally asked. Is there a way to delete a thread :/

You can ask a mod to do so by ARing it yourself.

Sometimes they do . . . and sometimes they don't! But it's worth a shot.

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You really don't get why talking among yourselves about her this way, as though she weren't here, and then thinking of ways of finding things out about her, instead of asking her, is kind of ugly sounding?

Given how confusing pretty much all of her posts here have been, then Nope I do not have any problem with the rest of us discussing it.

Write me off as a bad person or write the behavior off as bad.  Either won't bother me.  Wouldn't be the first time someone didn't agree with something I did - and definitely won't be the last.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Write me off as a bad person

I haven't, and wouldn't.

We all sometimes do sort of unfair or crappy things, Lil -- it doesn't make us crappy people.

I seem to recall you, quite correctly, calling me out a while ago over an unfair humorous aside I made in another thread. You were right, and I apologized for it. But the fact that I said it doesn't make me a nasty person.

• Like 2

Just now, Gregorian Chant said:

At least vinegar and milk will get you buttermilk and paneer cheese.

Funny you should say that. I had to make my own buttermilk the other day for a recipe.

I don't think I'd know what to do with paneer, as I don't really like Indian desserts (although I love love love curry).

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Funny you should say that. I had to make my own buttermilk the other day for a recipe.

I don't think I'd know what to do with paneer, as I don't really like Indian desserts (although I love love love curry).

Saag paneer, matar paneer, and paneer korma.  You can even stuff them in a dosa, a thin savory crepe.

Great, I just had lunch and now I'm hungry again.

• Thanks 1

Methinks this thread was kind of doomed from the beginning. Perhaps a better title might have been.. " Shapes, are they worth buying? "  To say that any product or service "should" be free is going to spark a feeling of entitlement or choosing/beggar to the poster by many reading such a post.

It's like saying water should be free and then demanding they put it in a bottle and stock it in your local store as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I haven't, and wouldn't.

We all sometimes do sort of unfair or crappy things, Lil -- it doesn't make us crappy people.

I seem to recall you, quite correctly, calling me out a while ago over an unfair humorous aside I made in another thread. You were right, and I apologized for it. But the fact that I said it doesn't make me a nasty person.

This would be true, but then you are a better person that some running around here.  

That is also why I gave the option of 'bad person or bad behavior'.  Some will choose the former.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.