Should we pay for shapes?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

some people want to but don't have the means to do so.

That’s like saying “Such and such wants a new iPhone, but doesn’t have the means to do so.” You don’t NEED it, it’s a want. And, you’re aware of there being a free or cheaper alternative, but you don’t care about that because you WANT that iPhone. Same concept goes here. No one is entitled to anything on SecondLife and all the hard work from content creators is just that. Hard work. They don’t have to make it free and those who make things free are doing it out of genuine kindness. 

The fact you liked my last post makes me think you’re underaged. Just under speculation. I’m not accusing you. It’s just in the past most people who complain about not being able to afford things in SL are usually underage. There are free items and you can always make your own shapes as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I don't see any government regulatory agency trying to restrain your posts. Just another commenter making a point.

One that missed the point. Sort of like you did. They asked a question, I answered, I never implied my speech was being limited.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MelodyClone1 said:

People actually sell physics, which anyone with half a brain can make in like <60sec.

That's true. Anyone can do a bad job of setting physics up in less than 60 seconds. I see it all over the place. If you're trying for realism it'll take longer than that. It's a spring-mass-damper system and you need to get the right values for each. Those values aren't constant between avatars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

That's true. Anyone can do a bad job of setting physics up in less than 60 seconds. I see it all over the place. If you're trying for realism it'll take longer than that. It's a spring-mass-damper system and you need to get the right values for each. Those values aren't constant between avatars.

When I was young, Dad taught me to test a car's shocks by standing on the bumper, then jumping off and watching the car bounce. One bounce was great, two was okay, three or more meant you needed new shocks.

I can't count how many women are wandering SL with busted shocks.

It's just unsafe, I tell ya!

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, BeautifulXu said:

some people want to but don't have the means to do so.

Psst... *everyone* wants to buy stuff they can't afford: it's simply a matter of where your threshold is at. Like I want to buy a BMW (Scylla got one for free, winning the day, LOL; but that aside). Can't afford it, though. So, either save up, and/or lower your standards, or (last, but not least) get a better job.

Edited by kiramanell
Sorry, Seicher: I simply can't spell
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, BeautifulXu said:

there should be a minimum  that all workers must be given and it must come from the owners.

The workers ARE the owners. Most stores have a "staff" of one; the owner, who does everything from creating the product to providing customer service.  Where is the money to reach minimum rate coming from, if sales don't meet that amount?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

That’s like saying “Such and such wants a new iPhone, but doesn’t have the means to do so.” You don’t NEED it, it’s a want. And, you’re aware of there being a free or cheaper alternative, but you don’t care about that because you WANT that iPhone. Same concept goes here. No one is entitled to anything on SecondLife and all the hard work from content creators is just that. Hard work. They don’t have to make it free and those who make things free are doing it out of genuine kindness. 

The fact you liked my last post makes me think you’re underaged. Just under speculation. I’m not accusing you. It’s just in the past most people who complain about not being able to afford things in SL are usually underage. There are free items and you can always make your own shapes as well. 

it's more truthful so say they want an item but missed the last added on word that makes you ineligible for the give. away, or reduced price.all prizes should be described fully in on one place and with no add-ons.                                        

20 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Indeed. Few things look more gauche than someone bouncing wildly down the road or actually VIBRATING...when you've someone's oversized chest balloons vibrating... Yeah.  No.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeautifulXu said:

it's more truthful so say they want an item but missed the last added on word that makes you ineligible for the give. away, or reduced price.all prizes should be described fully in on one place and with no add-ons.                                        

E2C1D689-2428-4687-984B-F3D0EB559168.jpeg

Edited by Ashlyn Voir

23 hours ago, Maitimo said:

The workers ARE the owners. Most stores have a "staff" of one; the owner, who does everything from creating the product to providing customer service.  Where is the money to reach minimum rate coming from, if sales don't meet that amount?

from the government. from some of Trump's 

9 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

E2C1D689-2428-4687-984B-F3D0EB559168.jpeg

wow! Ashlyn Voir for People's Artist!

1 hour ago, BeautifulXu said:
On 5/7/2020 at 6:07 AM, Maitimo said:

from the government. from some of Trump's 

There is a big X in the upper right corner.  I really think you need to make use of it.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:31 AM, Conifer Dada said:

I can't imagine why most people would pay for a shape when they're not difficult to make for yourself. That doesn't mean, of course, that creators shouldn't sell shapes, even at extortionate prices!  Maybe if a shape is very cheap and you like it, then buying it might be preferable than spending an hour or two making your own.

Also things like facelights - not that I'm a great fan of them - but the do have their uses.  It's so easy to make your own rather than spend L$ on a prim or perhaps two, made transparent and set to emit light!

the things you call easy may be easy for a number   maybe a large number of people. but they are not easy for everyone. many of us pay for things we are unable to use and things that are complicated or have missing parts.

all things needed to complete an item should be sold , or given to the buyer at no cost.

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I haven't followed a lot of those postings... is there any proof that the poster ever logged into SL, thus knows what it is?

I did take a look at her profile once to see if there was anything, and there is. So she's at least logged in at some point and put things on her profile. 

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

I did take a look at her profile once to see if there was anything, and there is. So she's at least logged in at some point and put things on her profile. 

Not really proof. I can add  to and edit a profile at my.secondlife.com.

• Like 1

I once payed 300 L for a shape because I wanted the style card that came with it. I really liked the skin in the ad, but no one in the groups seemed recognizes it. The seller would not reply to my IMs. I was mildly annoyed, but I loved that skin and ended up using it for like 3 years.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

s there any proof that the poster ever logged into SL, thus knows what it is?

Her web profile Feed does show a few shots of SL, from about a year ago - so she did at least log in once.  She's in quite a few groups - one of those might show members and thus the last login date.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.