Should we pay for shapes?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

As a person with an entire brain who has purchased physics... 🖕

What is with this shaming of people who purchase things? Don't want to buy something? Don't. See how easy that is? There's no need to come along and insult people who do. Does it make you feel superior somehow? Because I assure you that you aren't. 

JFC, this lockdown needs to end so the kids can go play outside in traffic again

You're entitled to buying stuff that other people think aren't valid commodities, I'm entitled to my own opinions for thinking people are idiots for buying them. End of story. I think selling physics is about as dumb as selling bottled air (https://vitalityair.com/ if you don't know what that is). Don't agree or feel butthurt? Feel free to ignore my message, I'm not gonna lose sleep over someone disagreeing with my opinions, just like I couldn't care less what people do with their $L's, I'm free to state my opinion.

Also, kids playing in traffic? Lol. Try harder next time cause that insult might not even work for a 6 yr old.

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MelodyClone1 said:

You're entitled to buying stuff that other people think aren't valid commodities, I'm entitled to my own opinions for thinking people are idiots for buying them. End of story. I think selling physics is about as dumb as selling bottled air (https://vitalityair.com/ if you don't know what that is). Don't agree or feel butthurt? Feel free to ignore my message, I'm not gonna lose sleep over someone disagreeing with my opinions, just like I couldn't care less what people do with their $L's, I'm free to state my opinion.

Also, kids playing in traffic? Lol. Try harder next time cause that insult might not even work for a 6 yr old.

You must be very cool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, BeautifulXu said:

ha! I cannot make it yet. it's like putting your and on your hip and demanding that the lame run!

at first I could not move my right hand. today I could move it to the music

i'm entitled to a lot... so are you.

Bruh...how old are you? 

SecondLife is not a necessity and is honestly a free game that you basically make in-game purchases like IMVU. You don’t NEED anything in this game. If you don’t have the money for items then too bad. Guess you’ll have to buy it like everyone else. No one is entitled to anything especially on something like SL. Psh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

everyone doesn't  buy things here, that's the problem.

Why is "not having to buy" things a problem.  You can do lots of things in SL without having to buy things.  Some prefer to buy things.

You truly make no sense to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

everyone doesn't  buy things here, that's the problem.

The real problem is that most designers don't break even on the time invested vs the price they charge. The big name designers, whose sims are full every time they do a release or sale, can afford to price things lower. But most sellers of small items like shapes or cosmetics don't even make the equivalent of minimum wage. The SL audience is accustomed to somewhat unreasonably low prices.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

OMG! Haven't you heard!?! That is so racist. 🙄 A whole generation is entitled.

Do you know what it's called when someone makes a negative generalization about an entire group of people?

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The real problem is that most designers don't break even on the time invested vs the price they charge. The big name designers, whose sims are full every time they do a release or sale, can afford to price things lower. But most sellers of small items like shapes or cosmetics don't even make the equivalent of minimum wage. The SL audience is accustomed to somewhat unreasonably low prices.

there should be a minimum  that all workers must be given and it must come from the owners.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

there should be a minimum  that all workers must be given and it must come from the owners.

Either you are trolling or on some really good drugs or truly disillusioned (or naive) about lots of things

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

Who are the owners in this situation, though? I'm trying to understand your viewpoint, but I don't think you understand how Second Life works. There is no 'owner'. There are small businesses usually comprised of one or two content creators - and sometimes a support staff who are compensated, either in goods for labor or in lindens - who sell directly to the end user. 

• Like 2

please clear my disillusions!

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Who are the owners in this situation, though? I'm trying to understand your viewpoint, but I don't think you understand how Second Life works. There is no 'owner'. There are small businesses usually comprised of one or two content creators - and sometimes a support staff who are compensated, either in goods for labor or in lindens - who sell directly to the end user. 

it sounds like the content creators are not being fairly represented. 

1 minute ago, BeautifulXu said:

please clear my disillusions!

it sounds like the content creators are not being fairly represented. 

Are you a native English speaker? Because I don't understand what the ***** you're driving at here. Represented by who? There isn't a trade organization of content creators or a regulatory board they respond to. 

When i first came to SL I wasn't sure I wanted to be here, and I was between jobs, so I didn't spend any money for six months.  Then someone gave me 250L -- and that lasted me months!! I did just fine.  I enjoyed myself and met cool people.  I discovered lots of lovely places.  I collected both great and crappy free stuff. 🤪

Eventually, I decided I wanted to be here.  I got some money and decided to spend it on things i liked.  I now support the creators whose work i like, and frankly, tend to give more money to people who've been generous with free or cheap stuff, as long as they make things that are decently made and that I enjoy using.  Occasionally I spend outlandish amounts of money of things I just 'cannot live without'.

SL will continue to exist as long as people collectively make enough money to keep paying tier and the LL continue to find it in their interest to keep the grid up.  I therefore hope that there will be enough people buying and selling things, and creating things and affording tier so SL continues.  There is NO one right way of doing it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that all that sex stuff I ignore is a large financial contributor to keeping things going. 

So... pay or not.  create or don't.  Just enjoy life, first and second.  None of us gets a second go round on the mortal coil.  Life and let live. 

I see no point in shaming or trolling others.  We already have first life for that. 

As the bumper sticker says: Enjoy life, this is not a dress rehearsal -- though in SL you can definitely wear a multitude of costumes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

some people want to but don't have the means to do so.

That is a ridiculous counter.  There is NOTHING in SL that is needed to live your life.  It is not sustenance, shelter or health care.  Its all just a bunch of PIXELS. 

SL is full of is creative people, that you for some reason believe.... should make all that fabulous stuff for you without any compensation.  Fine, why don't you spends 50 hours a week and make us all the stuffs we want at no charge....of course.  NO? Is that a ridiculous request? Nawww ....seems pretty legit to me. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Do you know what it's called when someone makes a negative generalization about an entire group of people?

Free speech.

Do you know what it is called when someone missed the point?

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.