How to export a windlight preset created by me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there, 
Yesterday I exported and imported in the official viewer a windlight preset created by others. The preset was in the viewer folder, so I could easily find it.
Now, I need to import a windlight preset created by me, that isn't the viewer folder.
How can I do it?
Thanks.

Here is where your Windlight skies should be.  

Note that the new EEP viewer doesn't HAVE Windlight. Windlight is no more. So if you want to make "Windlight" skies, they need to be made in a NON-Windlight Viewer (like Firestorm).  If you do that, they will be here.   Any EEP skies that you make are not xml files, but they are "assets" in a folder in your viewer (right now the Linden viewer only as far as I know).  

image.png.bc6022006de61fbd88821b9fb873fc7a.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Here is where your Windlight skies should be.  

Note that the new EEP viewer doesn't HAVE Windlight. Windlight is no more. So if you want to make "Windlight" skies, they need to be made in a NON-Windlight Viewer (like Firestorm).  If you do that, they will be here.   Any EEP skies that you make are not xml files, but they are "assets" in a folder in your viewer (right now the Linden viewer only as far as I know).  

image.png.bc6022006de61fbd88821b9fb873fc7a.png

I am doing this, but I can't find my own windlight, this is my problem. I have already imported other windlights already created, but I cannot find mine.

2 hours ago, Oema said:

I am doing this, but I can't find my own windlight, this is my problem. I have already imported other windlights already created, but I cannot find mine.

I'll try one more time. Those listing above in my screenshot are ALL HOMEMADE WINDLIGHTS. They are in a different spot that the Windlights that come with the viewer - in my case Firestorm.   What software did you make your Windlights in?  If you made them in Firestorm, THAT is where they would be. If in Cool Viewer then they would be in a similar place but under "cool viewer" instead of Firstorm.

IF you made your "Windlights" in the current Linden viewer they are THERE already and you don't need to IMPORT at all. They are in a folder called "settings" inside the Linden viewer. 

EEP My Environments.png

Here is the wiki page:  

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I'll try one more time. Those listing above in my screenshot are ALL HOMEMADE WINDLIGHTS. They are in a different spot that the Windlights that come with the viewer - in my case Firestorm.   What software did you make your Windlights in?  If you made them in Firestorm, THAT is where they would be. If in Cool Viewer then they would be in a similar place but under "cool viewer" instead of Firstorm.

IF you made your "Windlights" in the current Linden viewer they are THERE already and you don't need to IMPORT at all. They are in a folder called "settings" inside the Linden viewer. 

EEP My Environments.png

Here is the wiki page:  

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

My problem was different: I know all these steps, I don't have any problem with them.

I've finally solved, my mistake: I saved in Firestorm clicking to "modify a preset" and not clicking to "create a new preset"

Thanks all for your help

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.