Sign in to follow this  
Meredith8888

GOR, bdsm 'lectures' question

Is there a way to find out when GOR has talks/ lectures?  I heard of them having one on a utube video I saw.  And I'm interested in attending one.

I'm also interested in finding out when any bdsm sim may have a lecture/ talk/ class.  I'm interested in general.  And I like listening to people speak about GOR or bdsm related subjects.

Using Search in world, search events.  Then in the category drop down on the left, pick discussion.  Scroll through the list and find some that look interesting.  Look for keywords like dominant, submissive or even munch.  I don't know how many of those will be specific to gor but there is usually a BDSM discussion happening somewhere everyday.

• Like 2

Join a Gorean group and ask around at the Gor Hub if you want to.  But honestly? Searching the events tab in the viewer might be your better bet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Monday said:

I realize I'm a bit late to this discussion but there is a group inworld called Gorean Campus (secondlife:///app/group/585caae1-111e-f4d5-4cbc-12f8ac657248/about). They also have a sim where they do their lessons (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gorean Campus/6/127/23

@Amina Sopwith - Let's sign up for some classes!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

@Amina Sopwith - Let's sign up for some classes!

I have taken a few. The instructors are very good. Plus they do some stuff for kajira through their website

Only one major problem with Gor.. is the fact that some people think Gor is BDSM when most so called Gor Masters know nothing about BDSM at all... its all just roleplay to them they dont really care about you only how they can use and abuse you.

• Like 1

Actually the Gorean story is not focused on BDSM.  And especially in SL Gor, it is a story of sex, and of love, but it does use both master and slave roles in that expression.  We all know this type of sexual roleplay has little linkage to the horrendous (and tragic) real life slavery.  This is a voluntary and moving roleplay in Second Life. Or, it can be.  It is such for the girls who undertake it, at least.

Yes, the Gorean slave life, both in the books and in the SL version,  is one of bondage and domination, because Gor is a male dominated society where females are controlled, either as slaves, or second class supportive social roles.  Yet, a free woman can, and MIGHT, be enslaved at any time in that world. But that doesn't mean some other man might not step up and strike down her assailant!  Women have value, even if it is a male society where a second class station is either given or taken away by her.  Some women rise to some prominence by heir skills. This all brings a real and interesting sexual tension to that roleplay.  And because it is based on that long series of Gorean novels, the story goes deep.  

At the same time, this Gorean story is largely NOT about sadism and masochism.  It's the BD, without the SM.  That is the  overarching theme of its society, well, more or less.  There is a huge amount of sex and a vast amount of love to it.  Each city and region can be different in these questions. But in all, the gorean slave has a great value, performs works and deeds, might even fight and die for you.  Only a fool or lunatic damages or destroys such property, even as he must train and discipline it.  Unappealing slaves are simply sold off like a used car.  And an unmarked slave brings more value in the marketplace than a damaged one.  This is the Gorean slave world.  If a man abuses another man's property he will face violence and retribution and the force of law.  But the slave is always still a slave, and you can't choose your master.  Although you can always refuse a roleplay. 

This is the Gor that attracts so many women in SL to the slave role.  It stirs something primal inside, to be loved and directed by a master who builds the great city walls and fights those enemies who would otherwise break in to steal people and property, destroying lives and love. 

The reference above to the Gorean Campus is a very good one. It is actually being rebuilt right this moment into something more magnificent than ever, a great and colorful city unlike any you will have ever seen.  It is a work of art really, that will soon be living and breathing with Gorean people in a few more months.  I sneaked into it yesterday by accident, not able to find it at the old url.  You my have to search to get the new url and go peek at it yourselves. The builder was there, I called him an artist, because he truly is.  He showed me the high reception area up bin the sky where the ships will bring the captive earth slaves to be processed and taken down into the city. Some will be auctioned.  What a fright of uncertainty that will be.   

I went there, because at one time I attended the Gorean Slave School held in a vast Gorean city, I think it was Thentis, or Tharna, I can't remember and it's gone now. I never finished that school, although I loved the roleplay and was excelling in the training.  I was blooming there and studied hard, preparing for our graduation where each would perform a solo dance  of our own creation, in a competition, when one day the Master of the school while upset at the actions of one of the girls, upbraided us all in Group communication, which is OOC.  I would have loved if he had scolded and snarled at us all  gathered and quivering before him In the school which is IC  (In Character).  It was a tremendous and important rp opportunity that presented itself, and it was denied us out of a flash of RL passion. That breach was too much of a disappointment for me, that I lost confidence in the school and I couldn't stay.  I gave them my honest reasons and left. I have always wanted to complete the school, and will go to this new Gorean Campus when it opens, in hopes I might find that completion there.  It is a scary potential roleplay for me but one that can be immensely attractive, and moving.  And truly, I feared what would come on my graduation day; who might take me. I still quake at that uncertainty.   

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To my understanding from when I checked it out years ago those Gor classes or lectures rather where BDSM  is concerned is more because of the fact of the collar scripts used and they go in to detail explaining the differences between being a slave in Gor and a submissive in BDSM as not to get the two confused with each other. I think @Shaylayven basically gave enough of a well detailed description of what it's supposed to be about. She pretty much summed it up in a nut shell.👍😎

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Only one major problem with Gor.. is the fact that some people think Gor is BDSM when most so called Gor Masters know nothing about BDSM at all... its all just roleplay to them they dont really care about you only how they can use and abuse you.

You must of had some really bad experiences then. When I tried it out I ran with a pirate crew and they were all pretty chill. lol Some of them even helped me free the slaves. lol😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You must of had some really bad experiences then. When I tried it out I ran with a pirate crew and they were all pretty chill. lol Some of them even helped me free the slaves. lol😎

Yes i did.. so yes it colored my feelings toward it as it has many others who have had similar experience with the Gor Master and their often misogynistic and narcissistic and abusive behavior toward females. That you are not a human, but a piece of meat and nothing more.

It can be very abusive mentally and emotionally for some people especially if you find that jerk in the mix that just uses it for means of being domineering and abusive.

Oh and a little subnote.. Gor is considered part of bdsm by some people in the bdsm community,  but its a subculture. There are many who take it very serious and even try to live it in rl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Yes i did.. so yes it colored my feelings toward it as it has many others who have had similar experience with the Gor Master and their often misogynistic and narcissistic and abusive behavior toward females. That you are not a human, but a piece of meat and nothing more.

It can be very abusive mentally and emotionally for some people especially if you find that jerk in the mix that just uses it for means of being domineering and abusive.

Oh and a little subnote.. Gor is considered part of bdsm by some people in the bdsm community,  but its a subculture. There are many who take it very serious and even try to live it in rl.

Ya I am sorry about that then because that's way not kool at all. From what I seen at least with my experience was people would usually IM you first before pulling anything in character just to make sure you'd be good to go. Especially with the females and I only know that because it was a lady who asked me to try it out at the time with her and she didn't want to do it on her own because of all the horror stories she had heard. So I said sure I'll go and if anyone messes with ya I can either step in and deal with it in character and kick their behind or we'll just up and leave. Nobody ever gave her any trouble trouble though. She said she had a good time anyway. Did it for a short bit so she could see what it was all about while I ran out setting slaves free and stuff. lol I probably didn't stick around in it long enough to even see that side of it your talking about. If I were going to relate my experiences to something it'd probably be like raiding in a game like World Of Warcraft would be. I had a very Conan The Barbarian style of play so the pirate group suited me. I was just there to crush my enemies. lol Anything else was just a bonus for me. lol😁😎

1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ya I am sorry about that then because that's way not kool at all. From what I seen at least with my experience was people would usually IM you first before pulling anything in character just to make sure you'd be good to go. Especially with the females and I only know that because it was a lady who asked me to try it out at the time with her and she didn't want to do it on her own because of all the horror stories she had heard. So I said sure I'll go and if anyone messes with ya I can either step in and deal with it in character and kick their behind or we'll just up and leave. Nobody ever gave her any trouble trouble though. She said she had a good time anyway. Did it for a short bit so she could see what it was all about while I ran out setting slaves free and stuff. lol I probably didn't stick around in it long enough to even see that side of it your talking about. If I were going to relate my experiences to something it'd probably be like raiding in a game like World Of Warcraft would be. I had a very Conan The Barbarian style of play so the pirate group suited me. I was just there to crush my enemies. lol Anything else was just a bonus for me. lol😁😎

Unfortunately there are a lot who dont see it your way or be respectful. they use it to feed their ego of being a dominant male when they have no clue on what they are doing. Which is why a lot of people dont like Gor so much. 

again it comes down to if people are just rp'ing or not.. and if the two groups collide it doesn't end well.

someone like me who takes being a submissive serious finds it very disrespectful how some of them act so arrogantly at times. its not rp to me. my being a submissive is who I really am in rl.

7 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Unfortunately there are a lot who dont see it your way or be respectful. they use it to feed their ego of being a dominant male when they have no clue on what they are doing. Which is why a lot of people dont like Gor so much. 

again it comes down to if people are just rp'ing or not.. and if the two groups collide it doesn't end well.

someone like me who takes being a submissive serious finds it very disrespectful how some of them act so arrogantly at times. its not rp to me. my being a submissive is who I really am in rl.

Honestly in a way that doesn't surprise me and I say that because when I tried it out SL was a lot different back then. A few years ago when I was bored and looking for a decent rp on here I actually tried looking up my old pirate crew to see if they were still around and sadly they weren't which pretty much killed my entire interest in it. At the time some of the Gor sims I found were basically nothing but snatch and grab sims where you basically just ran around catching slaves and having your way with them. Once I found out that was all it was I was pretty much was like poo on that. I can play chase at home for all that. I don't need their sim for it. lol Can't say I ever looked in to it since, but the way I understood how it was suppose to be was a decent Gor rp sim would be more focused on actual story and adventure rather then the whole sex aspect of it. 😎

I do agree the two groups don't really mix and in my honest opinion when it comes to Gor anyway I feel like it should be left in the realm of role play and not taken to such a serious level. It's one thing to beat your chest like Tarzan and go I am man hear me roar, but totally something different going overboard treating someone like dog poo. Not the thing to do. I can't stand people who do that. Even back in the day though people taking it to the extreme is the reason why a lot of people including yourself like you said really do not like it. And honestly I don't blame anyone one darn bit if that was their experience. I wouldn't much like it either. 🤨

It's also one of the main reasons I was asked to go because the lady who wanted to try it just didn't trust anyone else to be her Master. If I'd have said no she would have never went and we'd have never learned how it should be done. I just wanted a decent barbarian style sim so as long as I wasn't asked to do no weird stuff I was good. lol Whether it's Gor or BDSM your going to always have those bad apples polluting the community and all we really can do is tell them to go kick rocks at the end of the day. So don't ever let them clowns get you down. lol👍 😎

38 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Honestly in a way that doesn't surprise me and I say that because when I tried it out SL was a lot different back then. A few years ago when I was bored and looking for a decent rp on here I actually tried looking up my old pirate crew to see if they were still around and sadly they weren't which pretty much killed my entire interest in it. At the time some of the Gor sims I found were basically nothing but snatch and grab sims where you basically just ran around catching slaves and having your way with them. Once I found out that was all it was I was pretty much was like poo on that. I can play chase at home for all that. I don't need their sim for it. lol Can't say I ever looked in to it since, but the way I understood how it was suppose to be was a decent Gor rp sim would be more focused on actual story and adventure rather then the whole sex aspect of it. 😎

I do agree the two groups don't really mix and in my honest opinion when it comes to Gor anyway I feel like it should be left in the realm of role play and not taken to such a serious level. It's one thing to beat your chest like Tarzan and go I am man hear me roar, but totally something different going overboard treating someone like dog poo. Not the thing to do. I can't stand people who do that. Even back in the day though people taking it to the extreme is the reason why a lot of people including yourself like you said really do not like it. And honestly I don't blame anyone one darn bit if that was their experience. I wouldn't much like it either. 🤨

It's also one of the main reasons I was asked to go because the lady who wanted to try it just didn't trust anyone else to be her Master. If I'd have said no she would have never went and we'd have never learned how it should be done. I just wanted a decent barbarian style sim so as long as I wasn't asked to do no weird stuff I was good. lol Whether it's Gor or BDSM your going to always have those bad apples polluting the community and all we really can do is tell them to go kick rocks at the end of the day. So don't ever let them clowns get you down. lol👍 😎

Sadly for me it tainted my perception of it.. and there is no going back because of some of the things done and said by those who did it. a few bad experiences can ruin something totally and completely and forever for some people.

Most Gor sims now seem to be nothing but carp or raid sims.. which even gives it a worse eye in anyone that was searching for more.

Unless you ever read the books and understand its all fantasy and rp some of the things done can really twist the heart and mind of someone exposed to it. Then you get those that try and take it to rl life and it even becomes even more twisted and dangerous and unhealthy and unsafe for some.

the few I met were narcissistic misogynistic egotistical arrogant demanding disrespectful jerks..i might be a masochist but even I have my limits to what is acceptable..and some did not care if they touched or pushed or broke or ignored them..they thought it was their right being a Gor 'Master' to do so with no regards to how it made me feel or think about it. there was no respect for limits or safewords..none.

• Like 1