Avi stops moving

miilkhoney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any recent problems with firestorm viewer not working. What has been happening to me is when I log on I will be able to freely move for about 2-5 minutes and then my avatar won’t be able to move and I’m not able to write anything in chat boxes. After that I have to relog again just for it to happen minutes later. It’s almost like crashing but the viewer doesn’t actually crash.  I tried to see if it was only happening at the land I own but it’s everywhere. Thanks for the help. 

Edited by miilkhoney
New hashtag

2 answers to this question

When all else is failing look in the viewer's log files.

SecondLife.Log files = how to...

You can get the free MemHistory tool to see how your computer is using memory. Also, the Resource Monitor built into Windows can show you what the viewer is doing when it appears to do nothing.

HWMonitor will show you your hardware states, fans turning, chip temperatures...

This type of error can be an incompatibility between the viewer and your drivers. So, make sure your OS is up to date.

Try another brand of viewer. See if the same thing happens. 

If you have to go to LL support then you must use the LL Default Viewer for troubleshooting. Many of us keep it installed just for trouble shooting purposes. Firestorm is the most popular viewer by far and they have 24x7 in-world support, see Firestorm Support in groups. Singularity and Cool VL Viewer are good choices for those with older computers.

...when you ask a tech question use the viewer's HELP->About... to gather the tech info we need to help. Paste that in with your question. Otherwise, we make wild guesses and you spend time trying all of them.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.