Gateway timeout - Marketplace Account > Search by X

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I am receiving the Gateway timeout when searching Marketplace orders. I consistently received this yesterday and let it go meh right.  Since I am receiving it today again I thought I would mention.    

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.aeee2e17.1587833937.54cee06

Checking grid status, I see a viewer search issue, but this is using the MP search.  I cannot use the workaround provided using "search.secondlife.com" to find my invoice orders 🙂

All else similar seems to run fine for me really.  

Not sure whether the fact that I now have almost 1000 pages of "items per page 5" invoices to search through is contributing.  I do know prior to my noticing this yesterday it was searching for me just fine with no errors.

I do know that I can search this way is quite helpful every day for me. I spent yesterday at one store clicking through one ad at a time to my invoice and redelivering etc. Painful lol. 

Sharing that whether SL is busier these days/stay at home orders etc., doesn't make it any less important that it work without errors for me.  Just when I get comfy about dumping/cleaning up inventory and relying upon MP redelivery, *wak* up the side of the head.

Could there be/is there a known reason that I am seeing this consistently (other than more folks at SL workin the MP, or its related somehow to the grid viewer search issue and its just not posted anywhere yet?)

Wishing all well!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Noa Noland said:

I have the same issue

Thanks for sharing!  At the time I went to Live Chat, who converted my report to a support ticket, I waited, a few days later I added a comment that it was continuing and included exactly what I had searched for and pasted the error hoping they might go to server logs etc. and see what the kink is.  I then received a response in the ticket they would be investigating and would respond any findings once known in the ticket.  Backlog of tickets.  I got the same error yesterday when I tried, so no changes yet for me.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wendy Macpherson said:

for MONTHS now

I feel your pain.  And this worked fine for me up until the first of this year, so it once worked fine for long-time many-page/year spenders.  Unfortunately my support ticket hasn't had another response since initial acceptance two months ago.  

• 2 months later...

Grousing:  Yup, hmmm, swig of coffee, pink glazed donuts. Yup, I'm gonna post in a thread that's been "inactive for 68 days".  Blue banner *bite of donut* be so advised.

Support Ticket: #1521873

I didn't receive an email message of a response yesterday in my support ticket, saying the engineers had reported it was fixed and closing the ticket.

And closing the ticket.

No email, but I tripped upon this checking the ticket.

Say what?

Yah no, not fixed for me. 

Not fixed in Edge, not in Chrome, not internal browser (Firestorm current release).

E.g. Edge:

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.a6c7cf17.1599141305.1eaa83

Try as I might, and I am really trying, but my brain cannot avoid seeing a trend *which I certainly hope my brain later sees changes* ...  

Is anyone else fixed in searching Marketplace, under your "Account" purchases invoice list, for a "Seller/Merchant" by name?

• 1 month later...

This is still NOT fixed and it's making me angry. I cannot do a redelivery of an updated item because your database searches are whack LL. 

So basically we are being punished for spending money here, what's up with that??? Please FIX this issue. It's not okay that we can't get redeliveries of items we have paid for because of your malfunctioning system!

• Thanks 1

webserver had a time out,  it happens, nothing can be 100% all the time.

A 504 Gateway Timeout Error is an

HTTP response status code

indicating that a server, which is currently acting as a gateway or proxy, did not receive a timely response from another server further upstream. As with most HTTP response codes that indicate an error like this, it can be difficult to determine the exact cause of a 504 Gateway Timeout Error. There are dozens of possible HTTP status codes used to represent the complex relationship between the client, a web application, a web server, and often multiple third-party web services, so determining the cause of a particular status code can be a challenge, even under the best of circumstances.

almost all places give a 99.8% uptime, but you can never have 100%, down time , system errors,  other issues are not preventable no matter how much fall over you have.  

I know, I run a hosting business and if something outside of my own area/data center gets a hit, it can take me off line and nothing I can do until it's fixed from that provider. 

10 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

webserver had a time out,  it happens, nothing can be 100% all the time.

Hiya, yah no that's not the case here. For those experiencing the search fail, which LL is working on, it occurs 100% of the time.  Speaking for myself, it occurs 100% of the time, only under the conditions above, easily reproduced, for months on end.  This is not a random fail, and LL advises this should work/not expected. Support ticket was closed in error in September, then reopened and remains open. Thanks.

Edited by Kyrie Deka

27 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Hiya, yah no that's not the case here. For those experiencing the search fail, which LL is working on, it occurs 100% of the time.  Speaking for myself, it occurs 100% of the time, only under the conditions above, easily reproduced, for months on end.  This is not a random fail, and LL advises this should work/not expected. Support ticket was closed in error in September, then reopened and remains open. Thanks.

gateway time out is still not covered and will be alerted to their NOC team.    if it's not on premises,  they have to contact the people providing the hosting for it, such like these forums are not hosted behind the LL wall garden, they are hosted on another host, so issues with the forum have ot be taken up with their provider.    so not everything is LL's fault.

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

if it's not on premises,  they have to contact the people providing the hosting for it,

True that.  

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

so not everything is LL's fault.

True.  I feel Noa's pain, and her angst is appropriate since this continues since April.  No communication about a break will do that to folks.  The irony here is that the fail seems to affect those who have purchased huge amounts of items at Marketplace over the years.  And yah, I'll admit it, it has occurred to me that I'm sorry now I purchased as much as I did, and it has made me hesitate to continue to purchase the same volume of stuff on MP since April.  I do not interpret @Noa Noland's post as blaming LL for anything except months of silence and its still broken. Communication, even one that says "oops, we cannot deliver that ability to mega purchasers anymore", really solves the customer service problem when genuine and conveyed in the proper way/tone.  Else folks get irky, and I don't blame the customer either.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, rasterscan said:

Breaking the MP will be the last straw for so many users, both merchants and buyers, its could lose sl a lot of users.

oh, darn we'd have to go back to shopping in world.  wouldnt really change much for me. I still do both and most of the time I'm using in world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.