lost things in lost and find folder!

YewaSoul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello...
I logged now in firestorm and in sl oficial review.. and found out my lost and found inventory almost empty... a lot of things lost and the thing is ... in firestorm was saying the right amount of my inventory... 59k something... now i get in with the official viewer and is showing 53k something... Can someone help me please???
I did not empty my lost and find folder...
Thanks in advance for all answer

3 answers to this question

From what I have read, the difference in item count is that firestorm counts each folder as an inventory item as well, the official viewer only reports folder content.

I don't have any idea as to what happened to your Lost and Found folder, I expect you have checked Trash... just in case?

I am so sorry you lost valued items and hope you will be able to get them back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YewaSoul said:

Hello...
I logged now in firestorm and in sl oficial review.. and found out my lost and found inventory almost empty... a lot of things lost and the thing is ... in firestorm was saying the right amount of my inventory... 59k something... now i get in with the official viewer and is showing 53k something... Can someone help me please???
I did not empty my lost and find folder...
Thanks in advance for all answer

The only Inventory count that will ever match between those two viewers is the very top number up in the title bar area.  That line reports a counts of all item & folders in the Inventory combined with all items & folders in the Library (unless you log in without the Library).

The count shown on the actual "Inventory" folder will be different between the 2 viewers because Firestorm counts all Folders and SL Viewer does not.

Why do you keep anything in Lost and Found anyway?  It's meant to be a temporary storage location.  If anything appears in there, check to see if it's something you want to keep, and if it is, put it back where it belongs.

(Sorry to not be more help!)

EDIT:  I just thought of something.  Are you maybe looking in the Recent tab?  That would not show things except those recently acquired.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.