How to donate premium land bonus to land I own?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry if this question has been answered before but after reading up about it I feel more confused than ever. I was hoping someone could please help me.

I have recently won land on an official land auction and wish to donate my premium land bonus to it. I was told by another resident that I should have created a group and then purchased the land for the group but I don't know how to do that in a land auction. Since I now have the land anyway do I simply check that box that says "Owner makes contribution with deed" and donate my tier that way, or do I have to sell my land and rebuy it for the group? I'm so confused. Also the premium land bonus is 1024 sqm isn't it?

The land I have is 8192 sqm. Right now in my account it says my tier is $35 USD. If I successfully donate my premium tier does that mean I pay the lower tier at $22 USD a month?

Thank you in advance.

18 minutes ago, 1ThinkTherefore1Am said:

The land I have is 8192 sqm. Right now in my account it says my tier is $35 USD. If I successfully donate my premium tier does that mean I pay the lower tier at $22 USD a month?

No, actually, to own 8192 m² you'll have to pay the US$ 35 / month. The $22 monthly tier only covers 4096 m² on top of the 1024 m² Premium bonus, bringing you to 5120 m² -- then, if the land is all deeded to group, you'd get another 10% for up to 5632 m² -- quite a bit shy of that 8192 m² parcel.

So unless you're thinking of shrinking that parcel or adding more (or having a Linden Home), there's no real reason to do anything. Some of us prefer Group-owned land for management reasons, but it has pros and cons, especially when just starting out.

But you may want to add more, or grab a Linden home, inasmuch as you're paying enough to get it anyway. It's not hard to deed land to a group, but be aware that Linden Homes cannot be group-owned (has to be acquired by a Premium user and ownership can't be transferred -- and deeding land to group really is a transfer of ownership). Anyway, if you just wanted to add a 1024 Linden Home, you can do it without anything being deeded to group.

• Thanks 1

If you are referring to the "free" 1024 sqm of tier that you get by having a premium account, donating that to your land group will not reduce the tier enough to drop down to the next lowest tier level.  You would need to reduce your total land holdings to somewhere around 5632 sqm (4096 + 1024 free tier + 512 10% group bonus) to qualify for the $22 USD monthly tier.

However, if you want have your land group owned, you would create a group, and check the box "Owner makes contribution with deed" when deeding the land.  That will apply the 8192 sqm of tier you are paying for to the land group.  Afterwards, you could donate the 1024 sqm by opening up the group info, going to the land tab and increasing the amount of tier you want to donate to the group by an additional 1024.  This would let your group own an additional 1024 sqm of land without any increase in tier costs.  Also, when a group owns land, there is an additional 10% tier bonus that appears on the group's land tab as available tier.   If you donate it all to a group, the group can use the available tier for either expanding the existing mainland parcel you currently have, or for purchasing an additional mainland parcel somewhere else (as long as it's on one of the mainland continents).   Owning the 8192 under a group, donating the 1024, and taking into account the 10% group bonus, you could end up owning around 10,137 sqm for the $35 USD month tier. 

Alternatively, you can not donate the 1024 sqm, and instead use that to claim one of the new linden homes without incurring any additional monthly tier charges.

If you create a group for the land, be sure that it has at least 2 members.  It's wise to have the second person be your alt, and have that the only other member that has owner rights (along with yourself) - this can prevent a lot of drama further down the line.  (The alt or 2nd person for the land group does not need to be a premium member)

ETA:  Qie beat me to it - I take too long sometimes to get my thoughts gathered and down on the page.

Edited by Moira Timmerman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.