activation on sitting

Tiggy3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a script that creates a particle when i am standing still. I also want it to create a particle when I am sitting. I have added the following animations: string anim = llGetAnimation(llGetOwner());
if ((anim == "Standing") || (anim == "sit") || (anim == "groundsit") || (anim == "sitting")) .  The standing animation works fine, but nothing happens on sit. when i walk, the particals stop. when i stand still, the particle starts, when i sit, nothing happens.

5 answers to this question

i have looked at those and have tried the sitting animation. It didnt work. What did work as a test, was to run a random animation like a dance, and insert that into the script, and that worked just fine, so all i need is the correct name for the sit state animation

!

Tiggy, assuming the script is in a HUD/attachment then a way to do this is to poll llGetAgentInfo in a timer

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetAgentInfo

example pcode

{
   state_entry()
   {
      llSetTimerEvent(1.0); // 1.0 = poll once a second, change to whichever
   }

timer()
   {
      integer info = llGetAgentInfo(llGetOwner());

if (info & (AGENT_ON_OBJECT | AGENT_SITTING))
      {   
           // avatar is sitting on a object or sitting on the ground

... stop standing particles ...
           ... play sitting particles ...
      }
      else
      {
         ... stop sitting particles ...

if (info & (AGENT_FLYING | AGENT_IN_AIR | AGENT_WALKING))
         {
            // avatar is moving in some way

... stop standing particles ...
         }
         else
         {
            // avatar is not moving

... start standing particles ...
         }
      }
   }
}

16 hours ago, Tiggy3 said:

i have looked at those and have tried the sitting animation. It didnt work. What did work as a test, was to run a random animation like a dance, and insert that into the script, and that worked just fine, so all i need is the correct name for the sit state animation

!

If you do continue with llGetAnimation, please do take a look at the wiki page I linked. There you'll see that the strings the function returns for the sitting states are "Sitting" and "Sitting on Ground" (and it's important to use the same capital letters – "Sitting" is not the same as "sitting").

Something that might be causing confusion is that llGetAnimation does not return the name of an animation that's playing, it returns the state the avatar is  in. So if your avatar is sat on something, llGetAnimation will return "Sitting" whatever animation your AO, or the object you're sitting on, has started.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.