How do I fix this

AyelaNewLife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a small cliffside parcel of mainland which I use for a skybox flat. The land is cheap and the angle of the terrain makes it hard to use for anything other than skyboxes. I've had this parcel for about 18 months now, and it is surrounded by abandoned cliffside land.

On a whim I decided to check out ground level, when I noticed this:

Easter_007.thumb.png.19c680cfe29ad6ac4791c8cff583ae3a.png

Somehow, this slope has been reshaped and raised ever so slightly, with the exception of my parcel. My parcel's slope meets the seafront naturally, as does most of the surrounding area (with the exception of the sudden drop you can see near the rocks. Yet for some reason my parcel boundary is marked with a sudden drop like this.

I never come down here so it doesn't affect me at all, but I feel bad for the seafront properties that have to put up with this monstrosity as a view. Any idea how to fix it? Is this something the Lindens look after?

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

Raise the land to the hight of the adjectant lots.

That photo doesn't do a good job of showing this, but the lower right corner of my parcel is flush with the adjacent parcel, even though the upper right corner (and both left corners) have this dip.

And I'm bad at terraforming.

So I gave it a go and lazily used the raise tool with a wide brush to get most of the height then smothered it with the smooth tool. It now fits the overall slope of the hill, but lacks the bumps that default mainland hillside has... eh, close enough. Thanks all.

Easter_008.thumb.png.50c3ceef03cfee03be334a276ecb56c9.png

• Like 2

Ayela, if you want to align the parcel with the neighbours then rather than use the brush

select the whole parcel (which is selected by default when we right-click Edit Terrain). Choose Smooth option, set Size and Strength sliders to max (move to the right). Then press Apply button until the parcel surface stops moving

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alwin is correct.  The datum from which this 4 meter range is measured is the elevation of the land when it was initially created by LL.  Ayela's done a good job of harmonizing her land with the neighboring parcels.  I wish everyone who owns Mainland would do this, instead of creating that "bombed out" looking landscape!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.