Finding Friends who accept a male playing as female.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Thalia Svoboda said:

No offense but this advice does not work for me at all, I don't feel the need to hide away I just wanted to know if there are places or people out there who don't care about males playing as females. 

No offense taken, your SL is your SL. I kinda got mixed up with some of the responses, and another similar thread collided in my brain. Sorry about that. 🙂 

There are plenty of people who don't care. I've typed and deleted a bunch of recommendations because meeting people in general is hard. I haven't seen any place that has a lot of people who are actively hostile to men playing women, that are within the bounds of what you are looking for. I tend to hang out at Fogbound a lot and you're welcome to come hang with me sometime.

• Like 1

Would love to play with you I'm a  Lesbian RL not looking for sex either, just good ole fashion friendships... IM me in world...   Angee Voir...anyone else  who is interested in frindship/Family as well whatever your RP is I'm sure we can incorporate it into a family😊 it takes all kinds.... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rudegerus Osterham said:

There are plenty of people who don't care. I've typed and deleted a bunch of recommendations because meeting people in general is hard. I haven't seen any place that has a lot of people who are actively hostile to men playing women, that are within the bounds of what you are looking for.

I very much agree with that. For me, the only thing important is that someone is adult and mature. I have no problems with gays, MtF, FtM, Furries and especially not Dinkies of course. Everything else is a matter of if we click on a personal level. I can't click with anyone who is 'over the top' but with the rest ... i am pretty easy. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, Conall DeCuir said:

I very much agree with that. For me, the only thing important is that someone is adult and mature. I have no problems with gays, MtF, FtM, Furries and especially not Dinkies of course. Everything else is a matter of if we click on a personal level. I can't click with anyone who is 'over the top' but with the rest ... i am pretty easy. 

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the entire topic as well, though being new, I've not a clue to what Dinkies are (except the name of my first cat... I was six, and he was a tiny kitten... Whadya want? Lol) 

I could care less the what biological bits you have as long as your playing something that YOU enjoy. If you're fun to be around, I'm fine with however and whomever you wish to portray. 

Love is Love. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind that ur a guy playing a girl as long as you are truthful about it. As we can be friends only.  I don’t like the ones that lie about being a girl.  I will never meet the girl i am in a relationship with in sl but knowing knowing she is a girl who may have went through the similar things I have or understands about being a lesbian is important.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:21 PM, Thalia Svoboda said:

No offense but this advice does not work for me at all, I don't feel the need to hide away I just wanted to know if there are places or people out there who don't care about males playing as females. 

What you might be running into is “fear of Indirect peer pressure”.

Overall, I think SL has lots of people who absolutely - in their own mind - don’t mind whose avatar is what.

Unfortunately, many of those same people are reluctant to come out and be publicly supportive of someone who is “out” because they fear *their own friends* would not be very accepting of *them* if they do.

I’m happy that you’re looking for friends and I’d be very pleased to be one 🙂

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2997bd7686cfeee80ab4

I'm always happy to make more friends. I know a couple of people on here that are male but use female avatars. Personally I don't care if you match your RL or not. As long as you're nice to me, I'm nice to you.

SL is supposed to be fun. If you have more fun as a female avi, then go for it!

• 2 months later...

Hi Thalia

Hope you are having a good SL experience and making some friends.  If your SL life still feels a little stuck feel free to reach out to me. I hang out with an awesome group of supportive and helpful SL'ers. We run a fun, safe and inclusive SIM with lots of activities all week long.  Hope you are doing well and having some fun. Reach out to me anytime!

ND

On 4/23/2020 at 6:29 AM, Thalia Svoboda said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been in SL for nearly 12 years on and off but recently came back after a much longer break and all my old crowd has gone pretty much. I'm a RL gay male who plays SL as a female mostly just because I love the fashion and the excess of options. I have always been "one of the girls" but now I'm alone and I am struggling to find a new crowd to hang with.

I'm 34 years old, from London UK for I now live in New Jersey USA. I play openly and it states my real gender in my profile. In RL I enjoy TV, Movies, Drag & In SL I enjoy Fashion, Beauty, Decor, Dancing, Exploring and I'm not really looking for sex or relationships beyond friendship/family. I

Any help would be great and if you like the sound of me reach out here or in SL 

I'm looking for friends too. I've only recently joined and could use some shopping help (my little avatar dude could do with some snazzy up), my favorite thing to do is explore too ^^. 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:03 AM, nikkidelite said:

Hi Thalia

Hope you are having a good SL experience and making some friends.  If your SL life still feels a little stuck feel free to reach out to me. I hang out with an awesome group of supportive and helpful SL'ers. We run a fun, safe and inclusive SIM with lots of activities all week long.  Hope you are doing well and having some fun. Reach out to me anytime!

ND

What's the name of your sim? Can I join too?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thalia! Absolutely fine with males driving female avatars in any online game. As long as you're up front with that fact and honest, and you are playing the role well, I see no issue with it at all. It's the all too common cat-fishing, trolling/abuse, and deceit that bothers me.

IRL I'm an empathic, kind, artistic late 50s male who always role-plays smart, feminine females in their early-to-mid 30s (and usually redhead) in places like SL, and am always up front when meeting anyone new with my RL gender. It's why I rarely voice in game, because of the massive disconnect between who I am here, versus my RL voice not matching the avatar. ;)

Then again, I am also not looking for anything romantic beyond playful flirting in SL, as I am bringing a partner from another online game into SL with me. Even if I was, I see no harm in anyone being whoever they need to be and expressing themselves safely in these sorts of online social worlds. And yeah, I'm a bit of a shopaholic here with fashion (I swear it wasn't me who bought three new hair styes at Truth yesterday, nope, not me ... la la la). Feel free to say hi in-world.

As an aside ... I can also be found in the shape of a timber wolf, lion, and deer (all from the amazing Timber Wilds Industries line) when the mood strikes me. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think that's what SL is all about: you can be who you want to be. Excist here in any form you want to excist. People who do care don't get the merits of SL. And when I read the heartwarming reactions, then you must have found enough people who don't care ;-).  If you do like to meet more people who don't care, count me in ;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.