Jump to content

Finding Friends who accept a male playing as female.


Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I've been in SL for nearly 12 years on and off but recently came back after a much longer break and all my old crowd has gone pretty much. I'm a RL gay male who plays SL as a female mostly just because I love the fashion and the excess of options. I have always been "one of the girls" but now I'm alone and I am struggling to find a new crowd to hang with.

I'm 34 years old, from London UK for I now live in New Jersey USA. I play openly and it states my real gender in my profile. In RL I enjoy TV, Movies, Drag & In SL I enjoy Fashion, Beauty, Decor, Dancing, Exploring and I'm not really looking for sex or relationships beyond friendship/family. I

Any help would be great and if you like the sound of me reach out here or in SL :)

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, why wouldn't you want to play as a female in SL? It's loads of fun exploring fashion and I'm sure there are tons of guys enjoying SL the same way you do. Enjoy your quest for friendship and I hope you find some fantastic fashionistas.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

It's loads of fun exploring fashion and I'm sure there are tons of guys enjoying SL the same way you do. 

It's true and much more easier (and cheaper) to make a good looking female avatar then a male. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can be anyone you want to be in SL. I've been around for a long time too and a lot has changed.

With that being said, feel free to message me in game (isabella.mistwalker) and we can go shopping sometime!

Edited by Isabella Mistwalker
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone, you have all definitely improved my mood around this whole topic. I am just going to keep being true to myself living my truthfully and fabulously. I feel recharged from this thread quite honestly 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, Thalia Svoboda said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been in SL for nearly 12 years on and off but recently came back after a much longer break and all my old crowd has gone pretty much. I'm a RL gay male who plays SL as a female mostly just because I love the fashion and the excess of options. I have always been "one of the girls" but now I'm alone and I am struggling to find a new crowd to hang with.

I'm 34 years old, from London UK for I now live in New Jersey USA. I play openly and it states my real gender in my profile. In RL I enjoy TV, Movies, Drag & In SL I enjoy Fashion, Beauty, Decor, Dancing, Exploring and I'm not really looking for sex or relationships beyond friendship/family. I

Any help would be great and if you like the sound of me reach out here or in SL :)

 

Stay away from the people who have a problem with this, I have always taken an avatar at face value....  good luck. I would not mind being friends. But I am sorta flighty and ADHD so attention span of an ant... Best wishes to you !!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ftr:  I play a very attractive, 30something in SL and in rl I am older than dirt and less attractive as I used to me. I am sure people have a problem with that to, I mean after all second life is supposed to be real and all..... (sarcasm)

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire time I've been in SL, a pretty sizeable number of female avatars that I've known have been in men in RL. I don't have any issue with it in the slightest. I'm always looking for new friends, as SL is a lot more fun with people to spend time with. Feel free to IM me sometime or send me a message.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a straight male, but honestly, I like using female avatars for their vast clothing options. I like bright and colorful clothing, but male clothing on here is usually so dull looking. 😄

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I have no issues over what anyone wants to do in SL, or in any game. I have female alts, hell my partner IRL has both as well. On top of that, I have no issues having friends that do the same, I've been in SL for a long time myself, and have seen so many different types of people, that thinking about it now, it's almost astonishing to relive. Anyway though, anyone is free to add me in world and chat, I really don't mind.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take the RL stuff out of the profile, actually. Just make it the generic things you like, pithy saying, and a few lines that you aren't there "for that." If you're not looking "for that" it's unlikely it's going to come up. Sometimes I think people posting a lot of RL stuff in their profile is breaking the 4th wall anyway.

I don't have any advice on what to do if you if you actually do get asked. The advice of "Just decline to answer," is an answer in and of itself.

Feel free to add me in world, too. Just mention this thread in friends invite. If I decline because I am having a senior moment, just send me an IM to prod my memory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudegerus Osterham said:

I'd take the RL stuff out of the profile, actually. Just make it the generic things you like, pithy saying, and a few lines that you aren't there "for that." If you're not looking "for that" it's unlikely it's going to come up. Sometimes I think people posting a lot of RL stuff in their profile is breaking the 4th wall anyway.

I don't have any advice on what to do if you if you actually do get asked. The advice of "Just decline to answer," is an answer in and of itself.

Feel free to add me in world, too. Just mention this thread in friends invite. If I decline because I am having a senior moment, just send me an IM to prod my memory.

No offense but this advice does not work for me at all, I don't feel the need to hide away I just wanted to know if there are places or people out there who don't care about males playing as females. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...